Search results

1. rmoreau61

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Currently sitting outside listening to this through my hearing aids. Wife can't understand why I can't hear her when she says something... :rflmao:
  2. rmoreau61

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

ELO A New World Record. Final test of a BSR 610 (along with a Marantz 2220) refurbished for a friend of my daughter. She was interested in diving into "vinyls" - the term gets under my skin a bit but it's the interest that matters not the name. I've got the changer to the point I trust it with...
  3. rmoreau61

Caffeine.

I've been convinced to give MH and Folgers a go after decades of finding low priced in the bag beans (aka whatever is on sale Starbucks, 8 o'clock, Peet's, Trader Joes, New England coffee, etc.). I've gotta get through the 3 lbs of Kirkland I just got though. It worked out to a little over $4/lb...
  4. rmoreau61

Caffeine.

I used to enjoy a really good cup of black coffee. After COVID a couple years back many things just didn't taste right. I refused to give up coffee, though and powered through it. Today, I generally have the least expensive Trader Joes blend in my Ninja. The Ninja is virtually idiot proof. It...
  5. rmoreau61

What was the last movie you watched?

I read the article and gave it a go on FreeVee. I couldn't make it past about 15 minutes in. I've seen home made parody movies with better production value.
  6. rmoreau61

In praise of crummy BSR changers

100% agree!
  7. rmoreau61

In praise of crummy BSR changers

I know it's been a long time since this thread has been posted to, but this one and others have helped me restore a BSR 610 for my daughter's friend who is interested in joining the "LP revolution" (lol). I had a TT lined up for her but her grandfather had a receiver and record player to hand...
  8. rmoreau61

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

My daughter's cat, Pim on her (my daughter - Pim is a boy) ADC turntable. He used to snuggle in to the left of it melting into the shadows, but I installed an A/B switch so the speakers could be shared between home theatre and audio only.
  9. rmoreau61

Modelers Corner

First model since teen years. Microscopic decals are a lesson in patience...
  10. rmoreau61

Modelers Corner

I, too, recently restarted model building (after a 40+ year hiatus). A well stocked hobby shop near my home recommended this Revell product for someone just getting into the hobby. It cures relatively quickly but has some working time to make adjustments and whatnot. I've been satisfied with it...
  11. rmoreau61

Three years, three cases of Covid.

Another piece of advice if the doctor insists on the digital exam. If while he's doing it you feel both his hands on your backside, be very concerned. But seriously, take care of yourself as you beat Covid (again). I'll say a prayer for you.
  12. rmoreau61

What tv show are you currently binging?

Finished Ted Lasso season 3. A feel good show that puts the Mary Tyler Moore Show theme song to shame. Immediately rewatched the first episode of season 1 to see how the characters had evolved. Amazingly, details in the very first episode were carried through all 3 seasons. Well done.
  13. rmoreau61

Food shortages at the supermarket ?

I've shopped in the same grocery chain for 20+ years. Well staffed with good employee retention. Shelves always fully stocked. Shopping involved going up and down the necessary aisles and pulling the items on my list. Label reading when seeing something new that might be interesting. Two...
  14. rmoreau61

The Sound of 007 on Prime - Documentary on the music, composers and performers from 60 years of James Bond movies. Some interesting details and back stories. Now I've got to watch the movies....
  15. rmoreau61

Favorite T.V. theme song

My knee jerk reaction was "Cheers." After reading through all of the posts, I realize I have favorites for different reasons and different times in my life. I also thought I might add something that hadn't been listed, but nothing truly noteworthy comes to mind. So, with the help of others...
  16. rmoreau61

Schmigadoon on Apple+. Business trip onboard entertainment in air was enough to convince me to try Apple TV at home (For All Mankind hooked me). Schmigadoon was a quick low impact binge. Several names star done by Lorne Michaels. A faithful 40's/50's reproduction of musical style in the vein of...
  17. rmoreau61

Man vs. Bee - Netflix. Classic Mr. Bean in 12 minute doses.
  18. rmoreau61

The Electrical Life of Loius Wain (2021) Prime. Somehow it struck a cord with me.
  19. rmoreau61

Is it soda, or is it pop?

I'll take some blame for it due to my first job. A Boston Ice Cream Parlor opened in 1873. According to the menu (sorry for the reflection) a soda is cream, syrup and seltzer (soda water). A Coke, Sprite, etc. Is a soft drink. Milk shake and frappe previously discussed. As far as sodas go, can...
  20. rmoreau61

Calling a milkshake a frappe is silly. After all, milkshakes don't have ice cream in them!
  21. rmoreau61

I call it soda. My wife calls it tonic. If I want to (lovingly) pick on someone drinking a "lightweight" drink (like light beer) I'll ask "what is that you're drinking, soda pop?" I might have gotten that from Scotty on Star Trek.
  22. rmoreau61

2215 Restoration

I haven't had much time to do anything this weekend other than take a couple pictures and look for more info. Thanks to the comments and suggestions you've collectively contributed here, I found a Euro schematic for a different receiver. I never would have thought to look on Audiokarma for docs...
  23. rmoreau61

2215 Restoration

It's the weekend, so I can finally take a couple shots of my 2215 on the bench. Back panel, fuse bank and the new board/heatsink assembly. You can see I connected the signal cables and that's when I got stuck. Too many red wires compared to the schematic and photos i dug up. It didnt take long...
  24. rmoreau61

COVID induced Parosmia - anybody else dealing with this?

Two things. One, loss of smell and taste is definitely more dangerous than distorted smell and taste. My boss drinking sour milk as an example. Chunks tipped him off. Two, isolation and quarantine are shown to shorten life. It is emotionally and physically debilitating.
  25. rmoreau61

2215 Restoration

My unit uses a different type of cord retention. It looks like one used in a Marantz turntable I fixed a few years ago which is internal to the box. I think you're right that it remains to be seen whether a Heyco clamp would fit. For what it's worth, when I first started looking at the unit, I...
Back
Top Bottom