Search results

1. VinylRob

Don Garber of Fi has passed

So very sad to read of our loss of Don Garber. What a gentleman nonconformist! Love those magical fi 2A3 mono blocks!
  2. VinylRob

R.I.P. Kegger

With the help of our SMAC brothers and sisters Saturday, we lit a few choice valves in our dear friend Kegger's honor and made beautiful music, I believe he would have reveled in.
  3. VinylRob

List of 2A3 SE Circuit Designs?

Great stuff, love the fi 2A3
  4. VinylRob

What is the absolute BEST arm board material??

Fascinating subject. As it where, I'm in the process of choosing a material for a Reed P3/12 tonearm. The wand is made of Brazilwood (Pernambuco) and obviously imposes a tonal flavor to the final outcome and is often used for cello/violin bows. It is being mounted to a Brinkmann Balance TT that...
  5. VinylRob

Sony PS-X6 Turntable

Nice find. I have the carbonfiber armed version... Sony PS-X7. First TT I bought new! Best of luck to ya.
  6. VinylRob

High End Turntables

My fairly loaded Lp12 Sondek w/Cirkus bearing, LV II tonearm, Lingo II, on a Neuance Platform, w/Akiva cart. My Avid Acutus SP w/SME V w/Kondo fairyhair silver rewire, and Lyra Kleos cart. Love both rigs, the Sondek was purchased new in 1982 with the tonearm and brought me closer to the music...
  7. VinylRob

R.I.P. Kegger

Sharing sorrow, having fun, ticking off perhaps a few jazz fans along the way, my dear friend Keg and I were playing a bit of a tribute to the lost Seattle musicians that we love, and reminding me of those AK Fest days and late, late music nights reveling in the shared love of music and all that...
  8. VinylRob

R.I.P. Kegger

I'm devastated by this news. Our dear friend Kegger, what a sweetheart and friend that man was. His dear friend (since high school) John Bell called me with the terrible news this evening. Keeger had just hung out with all of us at Grumpy and family's swap meet and bon voyage party, before they...
  9. VinylRob

SMAC July Meeting

Still can't get the damn email for SMAC members even after joining the whole Google thingy... Oops! or did somebody suspend my lifetime membership, or am I perhaps on double secret probation and nobody is going to tell me? :D Well, I hope to see you all on Saturday!
  10. VinylRob

THE VINYL RESURGENCE - IS IT REAL - OR A FAD

It's real. As real as anything else. Vinyl baby!
  11. VinylRob

AXPONA Chicago 2015 - April 24-26 - Who is attending?

On the premises. Would like to meet up with AKers, but Saturday night dance card is filling up... Perhaps cocktails. Happy listening!
  12. VinylRob

SMAC December 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ Very festive avatar b... would like to find my stockings stuffed with goodies like that. Happy Listening! :beatnik:
  13. VinylRob

Happy Birthday VinylRob

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ Wow, you guys are the best!!! Thanx Proud alumni of R.U.High? Go Panthers!!! Happy Listening!:beatnik:
  14. VinylRob

Happy Birthday VinylRob

Thanx for the well wishes all!
  15. VinylRob

dlectricity?

:lurk:
  16. VinylRob

SMAC August 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ Say hi to the mouse for me Squid. It's been a long time. Now I'll be in your stomping grounds A² and yr on the other end of the island. I know, I'm way late to the party but, I'll be there. 313, sorry we won't...
  17. VinylRob

How do your power tubes generally fail?

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ When power tubes fail, I guess it all depends on the amp their in... my Atma-Sphere OTL power amps have never harmed a speaker (or anything else, including themselves) but, when a 6AS7G/6N13S Svetlana power tube goes...
  18. VinylRob

SMAC June 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ Yes Sam, welcome to our humble niche'. Always room for one more. Happy Listening! :beatnik:
  19. VinylRob

SMAC June 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ A very nice time indeed! Dale a big THANK YOU for such a lovely way to spend a beautiful Saturday. It is always good to see many of the regulars... and for those who missed, they really missed out. :beatnik:
  20. VinylRob

SMAC June 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ Should be in the 'ol 313 stomping ground were I survived my ill spent youth along Lola Valley parkway. :beatnik: R.U. High? Alumni Go Panthers!
  21. VinylRob

Why do you have a Tube amp?

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏ It is all about the sound. Tone. Happy (valve) Listening! :beatnik:
  22. VinylRob

My guilty analog pleasure to share

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> That was hilarious Punker. But I just don't get quite the same vibe from the lady in your offering... if you know what I mean. Happy (Lp geek girl) Listening! :beatnik:
  23. VinylRob

SMAC April 2014

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> Now that t'was an event! Happy grazing, happy cocktailing, happy schmoozing, and yes... Happy Listening!:beatnik: (I did thank ALL the Salk folks at Axpona for the fine music makers they lent to our SMAC event!)
  24. VinylRob

Water Hill Music Festival Ann Arbor

Well, here we are again and spring has sprung (a bit reluctantly) and one of the lovely but well kept secrets of local musical enjoyment will be unfolding Sunday (weather permitting) in Ann Arbor in a place known as Water Hill. Small performances of mostly acoustic instruments, by a variety of...
  25. VinylRob

Cables making a difference

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> Yep, the only test that counts! Happy Listening! :beatnik:
Back
Top Bottom