Search results

1. rnorton

WOOHOO!!! Daylight Savings Time this weekend!!

I want to see an end to DST. Permanently.
  2. rnorton

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

There's so much arsenic in old tobacco fields that I would NEVER smoke weed grown in them. Nor would I eat food from them.
  3. rnorton

Best Windows music playback app

What Gongli said.
  4. rnorton

Why Pop Music Sucks

Autotune has reduced the number of new pop songs that I'll ever listen to all the way through by about 95%. Even in restaurants I tell them to turn it off or give me my meal for free. If they don't I walk out.
  5. rnorton

Infinity RS II vs Polk SRS 3.1 TL thoughts?

IMO, those are WAY too close to the wall. They're bipolars and need breathing room or wall treatment behind them. Mine have 4' of space and treatment.
  6. rnorton

Infinity RS II vs Polk SRS 3.1 TL thoughts?

The originals were single coil Watkins. The replacements were custom made by someone else. They're equally good. I got my RS-II's for $300 also. Best deal of my life. I had to replace the woofer surrounds after a year, so another $100.
  7. rnorton

Carl’s Jr./ Hardee’s Pastrami Thickburger, one word, AWFUL!

They won't put green chile on their burgers so they'll be going out of business in NM pretty soon.
  8. rnorton

Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

It's the same track as on her Oysterband album, Freedom and Rain, but with a somewhat better, less murky EQ. I kinda like it.
  9. rnorton

Philips GA212 Question

I also had a 212 with a 2002e. I really, really regret trading the table away after my last stylus wore out.
  10. rnorton

Infinity RS II SS amp recomendations

A Hafler XL280 works very well with mine.
  11. rnorton

Polk Monitor 10 vs Monitor 7

I'd put the 7's up front and the 10's in back. You'll get a better sound stage.
  12. rnorton

Hafler DH-200

Check/adjust the bias and check for voltage offset at the outputs before you go much farther. The bias output pots were the crappiest component on that amp. Also on the XL-280.
  13. rnorton

Have you heard a Sonic Boom?

50 years ago this month, I got in the way of a sonic boom from an F4 Phantom at nearly mach 2, <30 feet over my head. Witnesses say I flipped end over end about 4 times before I came down and destroyed every ligament in my right knee. One side of my body was a single huge bruise and I peed blood...
  14. rnorton

HK T-60

If it doesn't, wrap a little lead foil tape around the arm to increase its mass.
  15. rnorton

Any Eric Anderson fans?

Because his recording company lost the tapes to one of his best albums for 30 years or so.
  16. rnorton

Is there a consensus on linear tracking TT's?

My Mitsubishi LT-20 and LT-22 have had close to zero fiddling time in 25-30 years and outperform the 15 or so other turntables that I've owned. No snapping meant.
  17. rnorton

Polk Audio Monitor 7b

Early 7B's. Peerless tweeter. The best of all M7's. $275 is high unless they are mint. Offer $225 and work from there. Make sure that the main driver magnet gets epoxied in place before you move them and move them on their backs before you do that. Odds are that there is nothing but a magnetic...
  18. rnorton

New stylus to replace AT120E

I put an AT-140LC on my Tk3a and it outperforms my Ortofon OM-40 with the Van den Hul stylus.
  19. rnorton

Old cast iron griddle - prep before using?

Split bamboo wok brushes work really well, too.
  20. rnorton

Infinity RS II

Mine have the same woofers. The previous owner, an audio professional, told me he replaced the originals with Infinity's factory replacements.
  21. rnorton

Hafler DH-101 Preamp

I have a DH-101 that I built from a kit in '77. CC resistors. Still has an inaudible noise floor. Make sure it's broke before you fix it.
  22. rnorton

Coffee. Anything coffee related.

I've NEVER gotten a decent 1 lb roast with my Behmor 1600+. It just bakes on full loads. Do you have one of the 220V models? I've heard that they actually come up to the manufacturer's specs.
Back
Top Bottom