Search results

1. 91r100gs

Technical details of Amazon Music HD - a good read

Amazon Music Unlimited HD FAQ Back to: Amazon Music HD | What is Amazon Music HD? What is Amazon Music Unlimited HD? Amazon Music HD is a new tier of premium quality music with more than 50 million songs in High Definition (HD) and millions of songs in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD), the...
  2. 91r100gs

Burmashave: Excellent cable for my Echo Dot

Received a very nice cable to use with my Echo Dot on my main system. Excellent build quality. Noticed the same results as when I put Audioquest King Cobra's on my Onkyo CDP. The 1/8" to 2 RCA y cable from @burmashave added an additional layer of bass, if not a full octave. The highs frequencies...
  3. 91r100gs

A shout out for Bob - AKA @tia

Grabbed a vintage Realistic STA-52 at a very fair price from ( Bob @Tia ). The item was exactly as described. The packing was bomb proof and arrived without incident. Listened to some FM on it today. Its whopping 12 WPC is a perfect match for my very vintage Minimus 7's Thanks
  4. 91r100gs

A great D4 from ToddMcDona

A great deal and exactly as described. Looks brand new. Using it this afternoon.
  5. 91r100gs

Richmond deadwax markings website had gone black (expired)

:( Does anyone have this archived and maybe it could be made a sticky! https://web.archive.org/web/20160404093131/http://richmondaudiosociety.com:80/2012/07/02/dead_wax_inscriptions/
  6. 91r100gs

The Most Expensive Way to Steal Music

Found this interesting, YMMV
  7. 91r100gs

About Bitcoin

When Bitcoin says they are mining Bitcoins. what are they mining? Seems like the $64 trillion question.
  8. 91r100gs

Has the Technics SL1200GR been released in the US- Or are they Sold Out?

??????????????????????
  9. 91r100gs

New Turntable in the House

Look what arrived at Dan's house today. A Realistic LAB-450 Direct Drive Semi Automatic. Now I have a Direct Drive, a Belt Drive and a Idler Drive. For $75 bucks I could not go wrong. The Realistic/Shure RXT6 could probably be sold for that amount. The cart is not the original but put on at a...
  10. 91r100gs

My Audio Technica ART9 review after 3 months of use

First off I wish to thank everyone who has complimented me on my purchase. I bought this gray market from 2Juki on e-bay, because @Mister Pig frequently recommends him to many folks. I was going to buy it from LP Gear, but the morning I went to order it after my Credit Card had cleared for the...
  11. 91r100gs

3 Month Review of my Audio Technica ART9

First off I wish to thank everyone who has complimented me on my purchase. I bought this gray market from 2Juki on e-bay, because @Mister Pig frequently recommends him to many folks. I was going to buy it from LP Gear, but the morning I went to order it after my Credit Card had cleared for the...
  12. 91r100gs

FREE Garth Brooks download at Amazon

An FYI for Garth Brooks fans. Amazon has a FREE download of two of his albums. I believe one is his new one. Link below. https://www.amazon.com/Chase-Pieces..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=X5N3V7AF5V6BTJR08P5Z
  13. 91r100gs

Anyone else preordered "Live at Pompeii" by David Gilmour

Saw this on Amazon for preorder: So I ordered the Blu-Ray for $20.xx The CD's and Vinyl are pricey IMO. The CD set is $50 and the Vinyl is $93.xx I have a Blu-ray hooked to my main system so I thought I would try the Blu-ray. Release date 9-29-17...
  14. 91r100gs

May Good Karma shine favorably on ETLS

Last December I bought some records cleaning fluids from Robert. Today I went to mix up a batch, and PM'ed his with questions that were answered quickly and cheerfully. Thanks
  15. 91r100gs

Audio Technica ART-9 vs ZYX R100-02 vs Sumiko Blackbird

The TT setup would be a VPI Traveler Ver 1. No problems ever with the Tonearm. Effective mass is 11.5 grams. Current setup is a Grado X1+ w/ MCZ stylus. These are all available in the door within a $50 spread The signal will go to the built in MC phono input on my Emotiva XSP-1 preamp, it...
  16. 91r100gs

Is a Denon DL-301 MKII a Upgrade over Grado w/ MCZ stylus?

Have been debating giving a Moving coil cartridge a try. I really like the Grado /MCZ setup I have on good records but find about 1/3 of my records that are not pristine, that the Grado is to revealing and a bit to picky in its setup needs. There are some good deals right now on the Denon right...
  17. 91r100gs

Music Direct emails

Lately I have not been receiving my subscribed emails from Music Direct. I am still subscribed. Anyone else's email regarding new music and specials been cut off? Used to get them daily.
  18. 91r100gs

A interesting observation today listening in Mono

Here in KC we have a real good classic rock station. But I rarely listen to it because it is so horribly compressed. Tonight I was listening to a distant station in Mono. When I switched to the classic rock station I forgot to switch back to stereo. After listening I noticed that it was actually...
  19. 91r100gs

baco99 is a stand up seller

I recently purchased a cherry Marantz 2235b receiver from Brian. The receiver was trashed by FedEx and was a total loss. Brian and I worked together to get this claim settled and both Brian and myself were totally compensated. Brian did a great job of packing, the receiver was double boxed with...
  20. 91r100gs

New Kansas album

Received my Auto-Rip download from Amazon for the new Kansas album "The Prelude Implicit" this morning. The LP is arriving today. Did a quick listen on headphones and it is better than I anticipated. There is no doubt that this is a Kansas album. For a lot of folks "Kansas" is a love or hate...
  21. 91r100gs

Great experience with a purchase at Sleeve City

Ordered 2 packs of The Disckeeper inner sleeves that are most like the MO-FI's. I forgot to enter my coupon code, so I emailed them about the possibility of receiving a credit, after the fact. A prompt cheerfully refunded $6 credit is already in my account. :thumbsup: Thanks Sleeve City
  22. 91r100gs

What kind of tree is this?

Got some pics while in bloom. Have had 2 of these for 20 yrs, were supposed to be pink Dogwood. Can anyone help, Thanks
  23. 91r100gs

Should I remove my Neutral Feedback from.....

Put this here because it is turntable related. Bought a record from a Amazon Marketplace seller. The record was not as described. It was described as Very Good. It arrived with moderate surface noise, 2 sections of rotational clicks, and quite a few random pops and clicks. Today I received the...
  24. 91r100gs

Review of 2014 Bob Marley 'Legend" reissue on tri-color vinyl

Took the plunge on this mainly to have a copy of the tri-color Jamaican flag colors vinyl. Not a collector so I opened it up and took a listen. The tri-color vinyl is quite well done with very little bleed from one color to another. The SQ is better than I expected, considering all the old...
  25. 91r100gs

Anyone using Iso-Nodes?

Picked up a set of medium Iso-Nodes last week and have used them now for about 40-50 sides on the VPI Traveler. I am guessing that these are getting rid of some sort of resonance. The upper mids and treble have more depth on well mastered LP's. The bass has gained some depth without adding that...
Back
Top Bottom