Search results

1. thumper69

Rti12 first impressions

Wow! How's that? I picked these up yesterday for a fair price I think and boy do they sound really really good. That's just bringing them in, plopping them down and turning them on, no nothing. First impressions, 1. Big and heavy, very solid. Great build quality except the flimsy plastic feet...
  2. thumper69

AMC 2100 scrubdown

Sounded great, the outside was perfectly clean. Inside, not so much. I wonder if the performance will improve?
  3. thumper69

RCA tube amp

Just wondering if the unit or the tubes may be worth anything before it goes into the great unknown pile of stuff in the basement. All tubes are original and they all work. Pulled from a console (not by me) that was working and sounding great IMHO.
  4. thumper69

What have I got here?

This tuner and amp were pulled from an older console and they both work great. I know less than zero about any of this so please if someone can help me that would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. My questions are: 1. Besides the obvious amp and tuner, what are these specifically? SET or...
  5. thumper69

Optimus Mach 3 followed me home today.

I saw these sitting in the bed of a truck as i was at a store today. I went up to the guy and asked about them and he said 50 bucks and you can have them. He was moving and didnt want to carry them up stairs. I had 47 on me and he took it. Just carried them in and took these pics. More to...
  6. thumper69

Pro vs consumer grade amplifier findings

After listening to both, an AMC 2100, and a Crown xti 2000, all other things being equal, source and setting ( save for wattage) , for an extended time each, I prefer the AMC. Maybe because the Crown sounded great 30 feet away where the AMC was awesome right in front of the speakers...
  7. thumper69

AMC 2100

Just acquired a new to me 2100. It has a H.O.M.E. automation series silkscreened under the logo. Does anyone know what the abbreviated words stand for or if this is part of a complete system? The sound is great with my Klipsch 820s, much more open than the B K st140 with about the same low...
  8. thumper69

My first Klipsch- r820f

I recently took advantage of a big box stores Black Friday sale and picked these up for a ridiculously low price. Brought them home, unboxed them, installed the feet and hooked them up. Wow! What can I say except where have you been all my life Klipsch?? They took the place of my OLA and I...
  9. thumper69

$2500 ns100ms?

If anyone has any doubt the economy is getting better, this should be an indication. Is it me or does this price seem a bit "inflated"? **side note** I have zero affiliation with anything to do with this ad, I just came across it looking at the marketplace listings and was flabbergasted and...
  10. thumper69

Home made speaker protection anyone??

Not that Im too cheap to buy commercially available fusing links, but I made a few of these for the fun and tested them on a pair of junky Aiwa speakers and they actually work pretty good. I wonder if I should use slow blow or 12v bulbs just so I could have a little "warning glow" before they...
  11. thumper69

Newbie to mono amp sound

So I ran a Crown d150a series 2 in bridged mono to the left front 1976 large Advent, and a Jamo mpa 101in bridged mono to the right front 1976 large Advent. Previously I had only the Crown in stereo to both fronts and it was fine, but I wanted more headroom for better clarity at lower volumes...
  12. thumper69

Marantz sr5006

I really like the sr5006, I just wish it had an on board phone pre amp. My main speakers are 1976 OLA, and *sometimes* a25s. With Polk center and dynaco A10s for rears. No sub, although I do have a JBL 12" Powerbass if I wanted to use it. My question is this. Currently, I have the Marantz pre...
  13. thumper69

Sansui 5500

I am wondering if anyone here that owns one can tell me more hands on their opinions on its performance. I have read the hard data and literature that I can see online but want real world info if that makes sense to anyone. If it helps it will be powering 1976 large Advents OR a set of a25s...
  14. thumper69

RCA console conversion

Hello everyone. I am just wondering, I have a working RCA Victor SHP 6 console unit with the tube tuner model 9T2 also. Record player, am/fm stereo, and input for tape player. Inside is 2 12 inch 3 way drivers with mids and tweets and a separate speaker cabinet with another 3 way 12 inside it...
  15. thumper69

Speaker hook up question

I have a set of large advents and im using a Marantz sr5006 av reciever. My question is can I hook up just the 2 Advents to both the a and b channel? 2 positives and 2 negatives on each terminal, and the a/b switch always running both at once? Theoretically wouldn't that allow me to get power...
  16. thumper69

Sonic Energy Systems ParadoX

Anyone ever heard or heard of these speakers? The guy has them hooked up to some nice SPEC pieces and his other speakers look to be some l100s and Genesis. That doesn't mean these are good but it sure bodes well and the price is right. He says they weight almost 80 pounds each.
  17. thumper69

Hello from Louisville

Hi everybody. Long time lurker and old member but I haven't posted in so long I may as well be a new guy. My current main listening gear is a Marantz sr5006 with 1976 large Advents with Dynaco 25s stacked for fronts, a CV SL45C center, with Dynaco a10s for rears and my table is a Technics slb...
  18. thumper69

Hello from Kentucky

Hello everyone. My name is Tom and I am a 42 year old drummer,plumber, and vintage audio enthusiast. I live in Louisville Kentucky and my current gear is a Pioneer sx750 and a Technics SL b200 turntable system. I am running it through a vintage Cerwin Vega 15 inch "coffee table" dual voice...
Back
Top Bottom