Search results

1. SoundsAlike

Stumbled upon some LS3/5a KEF special edition monitors

Simply stunning sounding little speakers. The hype over them and the other licensed productions is real and deserved. So far they have produced goosebump inducing music in my den playing everything from classic soul, bluegrass, jazz, and classical music recorded on period instruments. Woodwind...
  2. SoundsAlike

This lithograph print sold for $8,000

$8000 + sales tax + 20% buyer's premium. Kelly Ellsworth (American, 1923–2015), Green Curve numbered 27/35
  3. SoundsAlike

Beware - MJTech or Morjet Carver Ribbon Repair - Stolen Property

I sent ribbons from my Carver Amazing Speakers to be repaired to a guy offering a repair service through eBay. It has become apparent to me that this user is stealing property. Do not use Morjet or MJTECH to repair your drivers or you may never see your property again. I paid for the service...
  4. SoundsAlike

Another 15% Ebay coupon expires 5/4 8pm PDT, $100 max discount

Another decent deal from eBay on *anything*
  5. SoundsAlike

How to fix inaccurate dial?

Alright — how do I fix a tuner where let’s say a station such as 88.5 is displayed on the tuner’s dial as somewhere closer to 90.5? The dial indicator is off by somewhere close to an inch For years I thought this is fixed by “FM alignment” but from what I’ve recently read on FM alignment is...
  6. SoundsAlike

Patfont is confrontational, not recommended

I do not recommend dealing with this AK'er -- hostile and argumentative. :thumbsdown:
  7. SoundsAlike

Greensboro NC to Georgia turntable transport

Anyone traveling south on I-85 to Georgia? I have a turntable that needs transportation. It will be boxed up. The AK'er receiving it lives in Dawson, GA but can arrange a pickup in a wider area including Atlanta suburbs and parts north.
  8. SoundsAlike

Is this sloppy glue job fixable? updated w/ new pictures

This is an Infinity RS-II woofer. The cone is polypropylene. Two of the woofers have a really poor refoam restoration. I believe the glue used was contact cement. What is the best way to fix it? Is this a job for a solvent? Laquer cleaner? 3m Adhesive Cleaner? Acetone? Quick update i'll...
  9. SoundsAlike

Fresh ad $130 ADS tower speakers Chicago

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/6200658538.html
  10. SoundsAlike

NW Chicago JBL L100 -$200

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/6170019298.html Not affiliated. No pics in the ad. Just says they look good.
  11. SoundsAlike

Any lucky AK'ers get the L88's in Raleigh?

They're L88 Plus with the mid range upgrade that made them L100s
  12. SoundsAlike

I have Amazing speakers

13. SoundsAlike

Listening to L80t thru SX-1250

just sayin' the later L series JBLs are fantastic speakers and the SX-1250 does not need more praise but what an awesome combo I'm test driving the L80t after refoaming the woofers yesterday
  14. SoundsAlike

FREE Scroe

Want to guess what it was?
  15. SoundsAlike

DanBNash is highly recommended

DanBNash is a great communicator. We recently completed a transaction and I look forward to reading his posts and doing more exchanges with him in the future.
  16. SoundsAlike

JBL L5, passive woofer or yes/no?

Trying to figure out if the JBL L5 has a passive woofer in it -- need to pass along the info to a buddy thats trying to get information. Unfortunately I can't find any information on the net that says so definitively. The spec sheet only gives details on 3 drivers, but it is a 4-way system ...
  17. SoundsAlike

Need help with iMac purchase

Can anyone provide me with quick advise for an iMac I'm looking at, it's a 2011 21.5" iMac Processor 2.5ghz i5 Ram 4gb 1333mhz ddr3 Video card and 6750 512mb Unknown hard drive :( but I can check out the computer in a few hours It's $450 --- good deal or pass? I'm in sore need for a computer...
  18. SoundsAlike

NEC A-7 Reserve II & NEC T-6

Pick up a neat and rarely seen NEC integrated amplifier and NEC T-6 tuner. I haven't had the chance to listen closely to the units yet --- but one thing comes to mind as far as looks go, they're pretty beefy units. The Amplifier is 50Wx2 8ohms and 100Wx2 4ohms. The Phono section can do MM at...
  19. SoundsAlike

Carolina Pioneer SX-1980 seekers heads up

$4,000 ... http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/ele/5483350883.html
  20. SoundsAlike

McIntosh XL-10 speakers

found at a thrift for $25 any ideas of value? They're pretty heavy but have vinyl faux wood veneer
  21. SoundsAlike

Enjoying an all Kenwood Setup

In addition to my KA-9100 and KT-8300 I have, a KA-8100 & KT-7500 and KD-550 have all fallen in to my lap recently. So my stereo room is currently overflowing with Kenwood gear and it's marvelous. David at www.dgwojo.com helped me out with the KT-7500 lights. I opted to use the green colors...
  22. SoundsAlike

McIntosh C2300 Pre-amp Moving Coil suggestions

Would anyone like to make a few suggestions for cartridges under $600 for a C2300 preamplifier? Please use the preamp's specs in the picture below. The tonearm's manual recommends a cartridge that tracks from 1-3grams and weighs between 4-10g. I'm thinking about a Denon DL-103 but was unsure...
  23. SoundsAlike

Short clip of Stereo Separation

Just noticed the alluring mixing on the ubiquitous "Back in Black" LP
  24. SoundsAlike

Adcom GFP-555 with Volume issue

So I have an Adcom GFP-555 (first series) that I have hooked up to my KA-9100 integrated amp. I'm using the Adcom's tape output to my KA-9100's tape input but there's an issue -- the volume control on the GFP-555 does not do anything to raise or lower the volume the sound, I must use my...
  25. SoundsAlike

Scam Warning NC Craigslist

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/eld/5214798188.html If you google the sellers email address you'll see several items he's posted on Craigslist across the country. It's "Dunigan6y@gmail.com"
Back
Top Bottom