Search results

1. C

G-5000 Speaker Terminals

I was going to put this in my other thread about Speaker A+B connections, but this is a separate topic. I don't know if this belongs here, so please tell me if it doesn't but figured I'd start here since it is Sansui related... Does anyone know how I can go about getting replacement speaker...
  2. C

G-5000 Speaker A+B Question

Thanks for your help. I think I'm good to go. I think my G-5000 actually sounds better when hooked up "normally" instead of bi-wired. I seem to have more low-end response that way. When bi-wired, it sounded like it was missing a little umph, so I opted to go the normal route. If there are...
  3. C

Sorry for the elementary questions... Do you mean that I'll put both (high and low freq) in Speaker A +, and then do the same for Speaker A - ? Basically 2 wires out from + and 2 from - ? Then plug them accordingly into the speaker? What, if anything, should I hear form doing this vs running...
  4. C

I received a pair of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary speakers as a birthday gift. These are my first "real" set of speakers, and I see that they have bi-wiring/amping capability. I intend to use my G-5000, so should I attempt to bi-wire via both Speaker A and B and have both run...
  5. C

Headphones & the G-5000

Well, I've had my G5k for almost a year now and am pretty happy with it. Have fixed all issues I was having with it and am truly enjoying this little monster. Now on to the point... As of late, I've been listening/buying a lot of metal music, my one true calling. No, not Metallica metal...
  6. C

Best Buy Vinyl

Not to bring it back up (in case someone thinks there's a sale again), but BB does this every now and again and not all is in-store pickup only. I got Nirvana's In Utero (ORG) for $10 as an in-store only, but I got Led Zep's Mothership 4lp box set for $30 as well as Rhino pressings of The Doors...
  7. C

Denon DRA-700 for sale, good price?

I'm the other AKer Did you, or are you going to get it? I got mine for $50. Not paperwork or box though. It does have the nice wood sides that are pretty much flawless. The receiver itself is in great shape, supposedly from an estate sale (that's what I was told). If you get it, or have...
  8. C

Vintage repair in Dallas, TX?

I see you're in Plano. I've heard AJ Electronics (Park/Coit) and Sartor (Parker/Independence) do good work, but I've never used them. I believe it's $50 just to open it up and look, but it would go towards any work if you decided to go with them. I'm not sure how much vintage work they do...
  9. C

G-5000

Well, I finally got around to working on the tuner issue I was having on this receiver. Turns out there was a loose nut. I removed the knob and shook/wiggled the dial to see if I could actually see anything moving. As I wiggled it more and more I noticed that the nut holding the dial in was...
  10. C

Early 80's Denon receiver

Gearhound, there's a DRA-600 on the 'bay now going for much less than what you paid in '81. If you're looking for another, I'm sure you won't get anywhere near what you paid the first time around. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160648769074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 And...
  11. C

Show us your vintage Denon gear!

Denon DRA-700 Also have a Denon cd changer - DCM-260 (no pics though). I think it's early/mid 90's, but not sure. I started a thread recently about this early 80's receiver I got from a guy locally. Great unit, but I can't find much about it anywhere. Here's some pics:
  12. C

Wow guys, thanks for all the info. I took a few pics of my DRA-700 and they're attached below. Liking it so far. Vinylcalle, the more info the better. If you find something, please post. I'm really liking the sound, and the more I read from what you guys have/have found, I'm understanding...
  13. C

JK - Yea, I really like it. Looks really good and is clean. Only got to listen to it for a few minutes before I had to do other stuff. Will take some serious time this weekend to really check it out. I'm putting it up against my Sansui G-5000 and am hoping I'll like the Denon more because...
  14. C

I just got my hands on a vintage (?) Denon receiver. Only problem is that I cannot find a thing on this unit anywhere online. Denon DRA-700 Precision Audio Tuner/Amp FCC id: BV28VA-DRA-700 Nippon Columbia Co, Ltd Made in Japan All I can figure out is that it must've been manu'd...
  15. C

Technics Turntable Pictoral Page?

Way to keep this thread alive... I picked this up a little more than a month ago pretty cheap from a guy on CL. I think he was just getting rid of it because he didn't want to mess with the little problems it was having. With the aid of a friend (who's also a semi-pro electronics guy), we...
  16. C

SL-1300 part question

Hi all, have only posted a few things in these forums, and have now moved into messing with my troublesome 1300. I say troublesome, but for the price I paid, it has been worth the "trouble." Anyways, it appears as though I need to replace the feet on the unit. My guess is that they're the...
  17. C

G-5000

Well, stopped at the Shack last night on my way home and picked up some fuses. And my problem was indeed the fuse, because now I have light. The lights were a little too large to place the white reflector/cover thing over the bulb, so I had to adjust slightly to make it all fit and close. Not...
  18. C

G-5000

Toby, it appears as though you were on to something. After dropping in some bulbs from Fry's, still no light. Scratched the head for a bit and then checked and saw fuses. After determining what the fuses did, tested and then pulled the fuse and saw it was indeed blown. No extras handy, so I...
  19. C

G-5000

Thanks for all the insight, guys. I contacted Dave (dgwojo) and asked for some guidance. He responded with all the necessary info and a decent price for the bulbs. I'm kind of impatient, so I'm probalby gonna stop by my local Fry's and Altex and see if I can find the bulbs or something...
  20. C

G-5000

So here is a video of my tuning knob issue. Perhaps you can come up with a few ideas and/or suggestions about how to fix? Thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG-fG43Ln8w
  21. C

G-5000

I'm going to make an attempt to replace the bulbs myself. Preferably this weekend if the bulbs are available locally. Does anybody know what bulbs I need? I looked through several threads and might consider some white LEDs, but think I would lean toward the regular bulbs. I live in the...
  22. C

G-5000

Yea, the tuner comment was verbatim from the seller's description. Actually, it appears as though the 5000 has been bumped on the front pretty hard. The tuning knob is loose in the sense that it wobbles and as you're trying to tune left or right. By wobble, I mean that it leans in all...
  23. C

G-5000

Well, I got it for $65. Not bad I think. There are a few minor problems (I think) with it. Other than the tuning knob, which I can live with, the lights don't light up. Not sure if they are blown or if there is a larger problem with it. Also, the bass knob is a little bent making it wobble...
  24. C

G-5000

Hi all, brand new to the site and audio in general but have been lurking for some time now. I have an opportunity to purchase a G-5000 locally (CL) for $80. Is this a good deal? Seller says it was made in '78 and runs 45wpc. Only has a "minor" problem - the tuning knob does not go to the...
Back
Top Bottom