Search results

1. Audiotfoot

My The Fisher KX200.

First, thanks to everybody on the Fisher Forum that helped me put my amplifier together. Your advice was invaluable.. The amplifier has been used for the past few weeks now, but I didn't want to post until I was sure it was going to keep running. And run it does There wa a bit of a problem...
  2. Audiotfoot

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

The Pachelbel Canon and other Baroque Favorites.
  3. Audiotfoot

Newby question about checking tubes

This one 157 has columns for tube, giving the number of the tube you want, filament, type, socket, selector and sensitivity,then the final column that says disregard indicator lighting. For each tube it lists the selector numbers for which you disregard the indicator light. They must be two...
  4. Audiotfoot

That could be a problem. It silenced my Denon reciever.
  5. Audiotfoot

All electrolytics have been replaced. Cans were purchased from Hayseed Hamfest and singles from Mouser, nothing else was touched. Does that take care of the power and bias supply? I'll take your advice as to doing the usual old tube amp maintenance.
  6. Audiotfoot

Drat. Those didn't work. I'[ll try again.
  7. Audiotfoot

How are these? I can zoom in more if needed.
  8. Audiotfoot

I checked all six 12AX7 tubes again, they show a dim glow on selector 1,2,3,6,7,8, and bright on 5 - that is the one he manual says to ignore. Two of them bright on 9. Bias and balance, were checked, quick and easy on the Fisher KX-200 as a meter is provided. Channel A bias could not be...
  9. Audiotfoot

Thanks for your reply. Here's the tester. Hope that helps.
  10. Audiotfoot

As the title of this post indicates about all I know about tubes is a glow, they get hot and they make music come out of my amplifier. Well, maybe a little bit more than that - I have read almost everything on Audiokarma and the Internet in general about tubes that I can find. But nothing...
  11. Audiotfoot

Mine Have To Go

I shouldn't ask, but would you by any chance have a Zenith Trans-Oceanic in your collection?
  12. Audiotfoot

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I don't get it. Is that quality control?
  13. Audiotfoot

That is cute. I do not want one.
  14. Audiotfoot

Fisher KX-200 80 Watt Stereo Control - WOW

Thanks. Found one on EBay that tested in the high 90's. My present tubes test around 63. Your help is greatly appreciated.
  15. Audiotfoot

Or say the same thing before my hearing aides are put in.
  16. Audiotfoot

Gave me a chuckle. Great way to start the day.
  17. Audiotfoot

She likes to cook and I like. to wash. Works for us.
  18. Audiotfoot

The tester shows no shorts, but does indicate the tube is bad, so it has to be replaced. Should the tubes be replaced as a pair? Or can I change just one?
  19. Audiotfoot

V8 (according to the manual) It's a 10 Ohm, 1/2 watt resistor. The blue line shows where it was. I didn't realize how much ash was left until this picture was taken. Click image to expand. The title says Tube b.jpeg - the 'B' is just the part of the title I use to find the image in a...
  20. Audiotfoot

Right now a pair of Marantz 7 Mark II that I bought 44 years ago. They were recapped five or stx years ago. They still sound pretty good. Sadly while listening yesterday the right channel died and a resistor burned up. It will be next week before a new resistor arrives and I can find out...
  21. Audiotfoot

It's up and running. Thank goodness for the assembly manual, I would have been lost without it. The three lug capacitor in. C4 position. was a modification. There are a few cosmetic things left. One knob is missing the brass center piece, and I do need a knob for the center speaker control. It...
Back
Top Bottom