Search results

1. speedle

lack of bass in listening spot, plentiful in other areas

Have you double checked the speaker polarity yet? Only after you've ruled that out, then start experimenting with placement of either the speakers or your listening position, as per the other posts.
  2. speedle

ADS L1590/2 crossover schematics

Somewhere on here I've seen the full archive of all crossover schematics for all ADS speakers. It's how I recapped my 620's. Might have to search for a bit though.
  3. speedle

Denon pma 777 random shutdown issue

That's a great suggestion, I'll look into it, or suggest it to whatever tech I take this too. I moved shortly after I originally posted this, and I just unpacked it again this week since I absolutely need a system in my new "work from home" mode.
  4. speedle

Wish for one last AK FEST

Well, a really, really big "local meet" in the Detroit area would maybe substitute for an AKFest. I had a blast at each of the two I attended, both at the HoJo. I wonder whatever happened to that place? Anyway, if there were a "manual" on how to put one of those things on, and I lived even a...
  5. speedle

It has the same power switch as the 757 and, yes, the power goes out. I don't know exactly how the self protection works on these, but I would think it would look exactly like the power was shut off?
  6. speedle

So, my beloved Denon integrated has recently begun randomly shutting down. I can't seem to find a pattern to it, sometimes it plays all morning and sometimes it's only 20 minutes. Stays off for about ten minutes then I can fire it up again. I checked the speaker cable connections, and changed...
  7. speedle

Sansui 7070... Wow!

Sold mine after seriously messing up the tuner with wd 40 many years ago. Very much regretted it ever since, it was a beauty.
  8. speedle

2015 - can you hear me knocking....

Well, it is your house Grumpy, so I can't deny that what you say goes. But....it seems like there are consistently enough of the very, very large AK faithful that if a "gathering", which closely "resembled" an AKFest of yore but wasn't, were organized by some other party, maybe you wouldn't...
  9. speedle

Harman Kardon Turntable owners/appreciation group.

I'm in, I just love my T35c and so does the Shure V15 IV that's attached! Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  10. speedle

beautiful yamahas

Right, but very definitely these are not those.
  11. speedle

Is Monacor MDM-3 better than fiberglass for speaker stuffing?

That's an interesting question, lots of debate online about it. My opinion is that you stick with what came in the speakers originally. Generally speaking though, for acoustic suspension systems fiberglass has a greater effect than other materials and for vented systems poly is better.
  12. speedle

School me on slip mats please

You need a thing called a platter mat. The one that originally came with your table is probably available online somewhere. What is your table?
  13. speedle

New owner of a Marantz 2270 with a question

Give Punker X a PM, he's near you I think. Did a great job for me, several in fact.
  14. speedle

Question to High End Speakers Owners..

I think the big undisclosed secret here is that every single one of us wants to feel good and proud of what we run. It's the reason there are kia fanclubs and Kenwood fan clubs and krell fan clubs. It's at least part of why I build diy speakers that (I tell myself) will compete with $15k retail...
  15. speedle

So, what's really the correct pronunciation?

Denon, Rega, NAD, SEAS, I don't know how to say any of them. I stick to typing. I had a friend in high school that insisted for years that nazi was pronounced "nay-zee", because he had only read it and never heard it spoken. Same thing.
  16. speedle

Mapleshade TT platforms

Michigan Maple Block is right down the road from me, my house is full of their stuff, including some custom stuff my grandfather made when he worked there for 30 years. It worked wonders under my h/k table, which was somewhat bouncy before I got the mass of a big hunk of maple under it. Totally...
  17. speedle

Stuck door on my Sony TC-K2A giving me a headache.

It's not stuck in play mode, and there is no cassette in the door. The play, stop and all other controls work fine. Jegor, thanks for the diagram. Can you clarify where that is at and what it's trying to tell me? I'd gladly take this thing apart, but I'm a bit unsure of being able to put...
  18. speedle

Stuck door on my Sony TC-K2A giving me a headache.

So, when I rescued this Sony cassette deck from the morgue, er, I mean Goodwill, the eject lever wouldn't budge and hence the cassette door would not open. I let is set for about a year (this was all many several moons ago), and then I did something, I don't know what, to get the door to open...
  19. speedle

Doors LA Women SACD

I have that SACD, and you are definitely missing the center channel, where the vocals are. Mine sounds fine, very good in fact.
  20. speedle

Interpreting loudspeaker plots

First of all, that's a pretty old design, and although I'm sure Wayne was a competent or even pretty good designer, I don't know as that particular design has a wide install base with measurements to back it up. Things like, what were the compromises and allowances made in the original...
  21. speedle

Turntable Restore project finished !

Just plain fantastic job!
  22. speedle

From parts to music, a Raspberry Pi Squeezebox clone

That would actually be great. I've stopped even switching the server on since I began using Spotify on the laptop, and I'd like to use my server again! Then I'm going to build one of these babies.
  23. speedle

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Regardless of size, some of these spaces are fantastic looking. Here's my very tight 9x12 space, which works most of the time. Those speakers are about 5 feet apart, and I'm about 6 feet from them. They're also not blue, just my goofy cell camera.
  24. speedle

Test Your Digital Format Perception

That bottom picture is obviously a 128k mp3.;-)
Back
Top Bottom