Search results

1. C

Excuse me for venting!

lmao
  2. C

installing a fan in a vintage receiver??

Lots of great info guys thanks. My origional Idea was to have the fan inside the receiver but I think it would be better to have it on top to suck out the hot air. I have had my SX 1050 for around 10 years. It gets pretty hot just having it turned on and when it is cranked it pumps out some...
  3. C

installing a fan in a vintage receiver??

I was thinking of installing a small fan inside my Pioneer sx 1050 to aid in cooling it. I was wondering if it is possible to wire it up so it comes on when the receiver is turned on.
  4. C

double chamber reflex enclosure

You are right a port is not required. I am simply choosing a ported enclosure because of my personal taists.
  5. C

double chamber reflex enclosure

I am trying to get the best of both worlds (ported and bandpass) with building a double chamber reflex box. But at the same time have accurate sound reproduction. Check out this site for DCR info http://www.claudionegro.com/ here is a thread on it...
  6. C

win ISD calculations for JL audio woofers

I am using win ISD for help building a ported enclosure for a JL audio woofer. It recommends over double of the volume than JL recommends. I checked several other JL speakers and win ISD is consistently recommending over double the volume. Size is not an issue for me so I was wondering...
  7. C

tuning ports for speakers

I have woofers for a home audio system and I have all the thiel small info for them. Is it possible use 2 ports and tune them to 2 different frequencies and not use a band pass enclosure? I want to tune one port at 50htz and one at 100htz to complement my receiver built in bass boost at those...
  8. C

trying to build a system around a SX-1050

Hi I am drawing up some plans on building a stereo system for my pioneer SX 1050. I am sure I will add on and things will change but right now I have some gear sitting around so I am going to use it. My plan was to build 2 towers each containing (top) 2 1'' tweeters 2 (middle)6.5'' mids and a...
  9. C

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

What about the Pioneer sx 1050?? It puts out 170w RMS at 4 ohms.
  10. C

Wannabe audiophile from Pittsburgh

Figured I drop in and say hi. I found this sight when I was trying to find some info on some of my vintage audio stuff. Very cool place.:thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom