Search results

1. carcrazy

Looking for "streaming clock radio"?

I have this one as well, it sounds very good considering it is a clock radio. Connects to my wifi no problem.
  2. carcrazy

Altec VOTT gym find

Very nice find!
  3. carcrazy

Budget level HiFI Rack

I filled my Sanus racks with sand as well but found out that there was a hole at the bottom. So I sealed it with clear calking and problem solved. Before that the legs would ring like a bell if you tapped them, now there is only a dull thud. I also just beefed up my amp stand flexy by adding...
  4. carcrazy

Wish to play vinyl through my Audio Research VSi60

I bought a Moon 110lp and I find it to be quiet and dynamic. It can handle mc cartridges and has 60 db of gain. It replaced a JRDG Consummate phono amp for a while and it compared well. The Consummate is smoother but cost more. The Moon 110 lp is a very good phono amp.
  5. carcrazy

That thing is HUGE! What's your largest receiver?B

Can power amps join in? I don't have any receivers but my largest amp is my Jeff Rowland model 5 at 19" wide x 8.75" tall x 24" deep. She weighs 120 lbs and has an output of 150/300/475. The model 5 is larger than my Bedini BA-803 which isn't small and is larger than each of my Ray Lumley...
  6. carcrazy

Another damaged amp thanks to FedEx or a dishonest Seller

I have some bad experiences with FedEx as well. One was with my Jeff Rowland model 5 power amp. It was shipped about 500 miles in a wooden crate, secured well. The crate with amp weighed about 150 lb. When I received it everything looked fine but I opened up the top before plugging it in...
  7. carcrazy

Empire in the House!

You bought it at a garage sale? Wow, that is quite a find. It looks great, congratulations.
  8. carcrazy

Finally changed my socks

9. carcrazy

Finally changed my socks

I finally got around to replacing the socks on my Acoustat 2+2. The original beige knit socks were dirty and cat mauled so it was time for new ones. I ordered some spandex ones but they turned out to be too short so I ordered a second pair. The seller paid half the cost and I kept the old...
  10. carcrazy

Are Lenco L75s any good?

Thanks Guiller. Vintage upgraded tables really are great. I think the 60's and 70's were the golden age for turntables and with a little tlc, they are very hard to beat.
  11. carcrazy

Are Lenco L75s any good?

I have a modded Lenco L75 with a heavy multi layer plinth, an ADA MG-1 Linear Tracking air bearing tonearm with the upgraded air tube and a ZYX Universe cartridge. This is the last turntable I am ever going to buy as I would have to sell my house to improve on this. The table with the tonearm...
  12. carcrazy

Hey there from Canada!

Welcome from Manitoba!
  13. carcrazy

My Bunn Hi-Velocity High Altitude coffee maker died

I just got into drinking coffee again by bringing out my old Melitta Kevalia 4 cup brewer that was free with joining their coffee club 25 years ago. It was so much better than the instant coffee added to a cup warmed in the microwave that I was drinking! But I was worried about all the...
  14. carcrazy

Cat vs Roomba

Cute! The cats nice too. Two of my cats sometimes like to sleep in the sink as well. And they like to drink water droplets from the sink as much as their water dish.
  15. carcrazy

Well, my new used classical guitar is on its way.

Okay, here is one of my 8 course lute. I bought it from Dan Lankford in the U.S. He called the lute "Lady Patrice" and she has a maple leaf carved in the centre of the rossette. Being from Canada it was a sign.:) https://sites.google.com/site/dantheartisan/home/photo-gallery
  16. carcrazy

Nice looking guitar. I am going to have to practice more as well but I just broke off my right hand middle finger nail. I hate when that happens, it really throws me off when I am playing.
  17. carcrazy

Congratulations on your guitar purchase, playing music is a lot of fun and is very relaxing. Does it thud at every fret or just a certain one? If it is just at a certain fret it could be a "wolf" tone for the guitar that thuds at that note. My Yamaha G232 ii has this but otherwise sounds quite...
  18. carcrazy

A visit to an audio shop

I take my amps for repair to a shop that is also piled high with gear. It is difficult to even get to the counter and I have to walk sideways with one of the employees to carry my amps in for repair (the last one weighed 80 lbs). I am afraid of knocking cheap turntables and speakers over...
  19. carcrazy

preamp for a bryston 3b

+1 I use a Bryston 0.5b with a Bedini 150/150 mkii. It is a clean sounding preamp with a good mm phono stage. If you need a phono stage with mc, the Forte model 2 is another good preamp. I use it in another system with a Forte model 3 amp.
  20. carcrazy

FM going the way of the Dinosaur

I was just looking at an ad for a Macintosh MX-78 tuner today, trying to convince myself to buy it. It looks great but I only get one FM station out here in the sticks. It is in mono and is mostly talk radio (CBC 1). I am using a Pioneer F-91 which is a decent tuner so it is hard to justify...
  21. carcrazy

found some laser discs

I have four players including a Pioneer Elite Ld-S2 player (main system) and a Pioneer Elite CLD-97 (bedroom system). I use them to play concert music video discs (classical, rock and a few metal) and have about 500 of them. Video is between vhs and dvd but the audio is very good. I don't...
  22. carcrazy

Cheers from Canada

Welcome from another Canuck. It is tough not to be a collector when there is so much great gear out there. I also collect vinyl but you have me beat by about 1000 lp's.
  23. carcrazy

best and worst decade for music?

80's all the way. I still listen to metal from that decade. Death to the false metal!
  24. carcrazy

Thorens TD 160, Land of confusion!

I had an Ortofon OM-10 on my Thorens TD-146 that sounded good. I later upgraded to an Ortofon OM-40.
  25. carcrazy

Show Us Your Listening Chair

I have a Fortress Corona power recliner with heat and massage and ottoman. It was expensive ($2200 used) but I love it. Sometimes the cats even let me use it.
Back
Top Bottom