Search results

1. G

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Ahh! Thanks for the info. I carefully used a paring knife to easily pry the disc out, along with the attached mechanism.
  2. G

I've got a question that will expose my ignorance... I just bought a jug of Brighton Hepastat 256. How the heck do I "open it" or whatever it takes to dispense? I unscrewed the cap and removed the foil/plastic film but when I tip it, nothing comes out. There are 2 tiny holes in the topmost...
  3. G

Audio Intelligent Formula # 15

In my case, my usual cleaner is the AIVS #6. On those occasions where I anticipate a need for the enzymatic cleaner, I pre-treat with AIVS #15 and then follow up with #6 and finally with one or two distilled water rinses. But your proposed method should work fine - I just like to always keep my...
  4. G

Best brush for RCM?

I like the Osage brushes (preferring the white bristles) for use with my cleaning solutions. And I like the VPI brush for applying/spreading my distilled water for rinsing.
  5. G

As soon as my Triton X-100 arrives, I will be mixing up my first batch of cleaner to be used with my VPI HW-16.5. I'm wondering if this solution would be appropriate for use in my 80kHz ultrasonic cleaner. Is it likely to foam up or be ill-advised for some other reason? In fact, does anyone...
  6. G

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these?

I like it as a final step in my cleaning/playing process. After my usual multi-step cleaning on my VPI 16.5, I take the record into another room for playing. My house has enough dust in the air that by the time I place the record on the turntable, there is some dust that has settled onto the...
  7. G

Grounding While Ripping with an Interface?

What kind of amplification do you use to boost the cartridge's signal to a level that is appropriate for your ADC's input?
  8. G

Vinyl ripping service?

I do a lot of ripping of my own LPs. I do it because of the challenge of ending up with a near-perfect 24-bit 96kHz archive of my favorite music, ready to play back in great fidelity. But there is NO way I could justify doing it for hire at $10 per LP. I spend at least a half day, and sometimes...
  9. G

New to me cleaning machine

It looks like a HW-16 that was converted to a HW-16.5 (almost). Does it have a plastic drain hose coming out the back? If not, it's like mine and only has a sponge on the inside to "capture" the sucked-up fluid. You will need to make sure not to clean too many LPs in a single session or you will...
  10. G

Rega Planar 2 speed options...

I have a Rega P25 and I use the Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 box. You just put the belt onto the 45rpm groove on the pulley and you never have to take off the platter again (except to replace the belt of course). The box has a switch to select either 33 or 45 and buttons to adjust the speed in...
  11. G

Dual (double not Dual) belts

I use a machined dual pulley on my Rega P25. I think that it provided extra stability to the speed.
Back
Top Bottom