Search results

1. R

MCS vs Pioneer?

I would have to say the MCS 3125 has about 4 years of technology advancement edge on the Pioneer 5580. Might be fair to compare the sound performance of a '80-'81 Pioneer SX 3900 to the MCS 3125.
  2. R

SX-770 question

Sx 770 How about the schematic for the sx 440? I believe that is the next model down in the same series but the topology is quite similar. The SX 1500TD would be similar also. I do have a proper working SX 770 receiver stored away. Did you compare the working voltages of the good channel with...
  3. R

Calling all Sansui Service Technicians

This is a big G Sansui G9700/971 G8700DB/871DB F-3082 Power Indicator F-2865 EQ F-3080 Tone Control F-3074 Driver Amp F-3076 Mic Amp F-2990 Tuner F-3088 Digital Display F-3010 Pre Scaler F-2688 Dolby NR F-3070 Power Supply F-3073 Pre Power Supply F-3072 Protector...
  4. R

I went back and compared. I have the 7070 schematic and I compared it to a 9090db board. I was wrong because they are indeed very similar. I apologize Morden and CDFixer please disregard the previous babbling on my part. I'm only human - you know. I will see what I can do about some board #s...
  5. R

stk 0050 replacement

The STK in the 780 is soldered. You should check the voltage regulator first. There is alot of info on this model in search.
  6. R

I was really just re-inforcing what CDFixer has stated. Knowing which boards are shared is excellent and quite usefull for education and troubleshooting purpose. The board may be same but the application is unique.
  7. R

THUMP! sound when turning off SX-950

Maybe the contacts are acting up on your power switch. You could try cleaning the power switch if nothing else.
  8. R

Even if the board is the same the components have different voltage ratings or circuit variations depending on model. The 9090db is of course much more powerfull than the 7070 and if you try to use a 7070 amp board directly expect fireworks.
  9. R

I think I'm getting an SX-980..

I have'nt seen many 80 series out in the wild and when I do they are usually beat up + overpriced. I seen an 880 I would rate a 6 out of 10 on condition for $85 and a 1080 dripping tar and 7 out of 10 IMO for $350 a few years back. I've had much better luck with the 50 series.
  10. R

THUMP! sound when turning off SX-950

Here is the Relay drive circuit and muting operation from an example Pioneer protection circuit of the era.
  11. R

I know this info is around here but I have to finish this...

I figure if he ask again I would take a look.
  12. R

Got My SX-1250

Um yeah an SX 850 cash and carry is a steal for $35
  13. R

What's the deal? Mint Condition when it aint

The nasty scratch on the faceplate above the tuning knob is just your imagination. Do not attempt to adjust your monitor.
  14. R

Where to start fixing massive DC fluctuations?

In the early class A - I believe the SVI STK were only used upto 50 Watts (V4 or V5) and higher output is discrete amplifier.
  15. R

I know this info is around here but I have to finish this...

I picked up a second 2121 a few months ago that works perfect unlike the first unit. The problem with the first unit the play lever will not stay engaged unless you hold it down. The belts are fine. Have yet to get around.
  16. R

Rare black SX-1280, It Won't Go Away

They should paint it green and put the john deer logo on it.
  17. R

the emerging market of vintage audio in the Philippines

My advice is get on the ship. All the good old stuff is only going to go one way.
  18. R

Odd find, a fancy HK cassette deck

I think that was the high model of the series and I would snatch it for a few bucks. :thmbsp:
  19. R

Formal Apology To RocknRoll

There, I edited the post. Can we get on with audio discussions now?
  20. R

Formal Apology To RocknRoll

I would myself like to apologize to all of AK.
  21. R

First Post, First Repair Job.. My baby

1981 '82. Very rare is the Silver one. YRLY should be along sooner or later.
  22. R

Dump find: Marantz 510M

Very nice find there. Twice the 250 amp.
  23. R

I picked the wrong time to be broke

In other words. Them there speakrs was picked up fer a song.
  24. R

First Post, First Repair Job.. My baby

Is that the silver 880 or the black? The stk would be suspect but not for the novice to replace.
  25. R

AU-888 on CL for $85 ?

The devils amp (au-666) is also pretty rare in the states
Back
Top Bottom