Search results

1. jdmincher13

Comparison Question 4270 vs 2270

No Deal Well, no consummation of the deal!! Have to love C/Lers that don't respond. I shouldn't be surprised.. took the person 10 days to reply first time. Think I'll just have to continue my search but did want to let those interested know the outcome. Again, appreciate all the input...
  2. jdmincher13

Gentlemen, Thanks again for all the input. Do believe the decision has been made. Now to see if we can consummate the deal! I will let you know .... John
  3. jdmincher13

I think we have a winner!! Leestereo and rBuckner, thank you for the input, very much! I do believe the 2240B will be the winner for my purposes and budget. Would love a 2270 but way outside my budget at this time. Quad is clearly not the way to go. Thanks to all for your input and...
  4. jdmincher13

Thank you blhagstrom!! Appreciate the input! Honestly not sure which is more desired by me, the warmth or cleaner sound..... hmmm decisions decisions. Have an opinion on a 2240B by chance? John John
  5. jdmincher13

JohnK, again my thanks sir!! Based on what you've said and I with my lack of expertise, likely agree with you Stereo is probably the best option for my purposes. I think I'll be taking a closer look at the 2240B. Not as powerful as I had desired but I still believe sufficient for my listening...
  6. jdmincher13

Thank you for the info Johnk, much appreciated as I wasn't aware of not being able to use the 4ohm mode which had possibly been my plan. So I guess I should ask if running them in 16ohm would be okay? I'm far from clear on the whole ohm measurement thing.. having trouble absorbing the concept...
  7. jdmincher13

I realize there is significant difference in these two units as the 4270 is a Quad. I currently run a Sansui Quad 99.9% of the time in 2 Channel mode. I'm looking to go to Vintage Marantz as I prefer their style and sound and figure now is a good time to make the change. I really only NEED 2...
  8. jdmincher13

Need HELP: Understanding Ohms & Quads

Okay woodj, thank you sir. I do believe I get that.. it does help. But to clarify, my speakers are 4 or 16 ohms via toggle switch onboard. I currently have them on 4 and have for a long time. They sound good and do a nice job. My real hope is they will work well with a Marantz I have my...
  9. jdmincher13

Need HELP: Understanding Ohms & Quads

Hello, need some technical help ohms please. I'm very NOT tech, but love my vintage LP's and want the best reasonable sound and wonder if my speakers are an issue or not. Currently I have a Sansui Quad QR6500. Nothing overly fancy but cosmetically excellent. I had it gone through by a...
  10. jdmincher13

My beloved Realistic STA-2100 has come home...

Good Karma...... comes back to ya.. Congrats and Enjoy
  11. jdmincher13

Finally found an analog tuner for my system

Sweet piece of equipment. That dial is wild to say the least..... ENJOY!!!
  12. jdmincher13

What is your "reference" recording?

Pavlov's Dog, Pampered Menial Album, Julia song specific.
  13. jdmincher13

Must be my age ?

Great Thread...... great songs, great music......... AWESOME Memories.... Witchy Woman on a dark backroad.... me and her..... oh my
  14. jdmincher13

What's your latest audio purchase?

Sansui QR-6500 Quad, (4) EPI M202 Speakers
  15. jdmincher13

I can't believe I did that. I feel so stupid

Nothing wrong with a little profit at all. Free Enterprise at it's best. Sorry it didn't turn out though.. been there, move on, all you can do. JD
  16. jdmincher13

Vintage audio repair Kansas City area

I've taken Kens advice and am giving K C Electronics Center a try. Just took in a newly acquired Sansui QR-6500 Quad for service. Spoke with Stan and seems one heck of a knowledgeable and NICE guy..... expecting GOOD things! I've been to both locations for Vinyl Ren. Great album...
  17. jdmincher13

Passed on a Marantz 2275 Hoping I'm not stupid

Per the owner, he was going through it when divorce entered the picture the ex took the faceplate and knobs and sold em on the bay!! He got the chassis... I think I see a song in there somewhere...........
  18. jdmincher13

Precisely as I feared... thanks for the input.
  19. jdmincher13

Love Marantz equipment. Stumbled across a 2275 for $125.00. Too good to be true? I called to find functions fine, good shape, BUT missing the faceplate and knobs... I politely passed. Hoping I don't regret this decision..............
  20. jdmincher13

Vinyl only spin list

ZZ Top - Eliminator
  21. jdmincher13

Pot smokers don't puff away lung health

I'm old, not dead Thank You Lord.... That said, I would also suspect that compared to DUI/DWI's death statistics... The pretty green statistics barely hits the charts. And alcohol is 100% legal AND acceptable. Just sayin, JD
  22. jdmincher13

Sansui QR 6500 System - Worth?

Gentlemen, I thank you again for your input. I finally got over to see the system this past weekend and AM going back to pick it up later this week. In the end what I found was very pleasing. I'd be interested to know every ones thoughts? I would grade all the equipment at a 7 out of 10...
  23. jdmincher13

Hey Pete, I would agree with all market factors.. Bottom line what I'm trying to determine without breaking D&S rules being in the wrong forum is this. I've not seen this system. Elderly lady, this was her late husbands setup. I assumed the speakers came as a matched set for a Quad...
  24. jdmincher13

Simi, appreciate the input. I made a bad assumption there apparently. So, for sake of discussion, let's assume the speakers are medium grade, decent quality, comparable/compatible to the system. I've not seen them myself so can't say for sure.
  25. jdmincher13

Afternoon all, Wondering if anyone would care to take a stab at valuing some equipment for me please? First off, I'd be curious to know what a Sansui QR 6500 with the original 4 speakers would be worth... call it a 8.5-9 out of 10. Alternatively, I'd be curious to know the value of the...
Back
Top Bottom