Search results

1. L

Nagra E - What do I need to integrate it into a System?

Hi Jed Have a look at this link joining is free http://www.hifi-manuals.com/Nagra/page-3
  2. L

Realistic Tape Winder A Great Device!

Probably the same vintage as the Realistic is the Maxell EW-340 cassette rewinder that I have, it uses 4 AA batteries. Pictures attached not the best quality because I used my phone's camera. Regards
  3. L

How many different tape machines have you had/have now?

Have had reel to reel's since the late 1960's Currently: Revox PR99 mkII Revox B77 mkII x 3 Revox B77 Revox A700 x 2 Tandberg TD20 A -SE ASC AS 6002 x2 Uher Report monitor 4000 mono Uher Report monitor 4200 stereo Tascam TSR-8 Previously: Nagra SNST (should have kept it) Tandberg TD 20A-SE...
  4. L

How many cassette decks do you have right now?

Bang Olufsen Beocord 9000 x 2 Tandberg TCD 440A Denon DRM-07 Uher CR 240 AV Uher CR 1600 Marantz CP (PMD) 430 x 6 Tascam 112 Tascam 133 x 3 Tascam 238 Tascam 688
  5. L

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

What about the original Beomaster 8000 150w (rms) per channel at 4 Ohms
  6. L

Tape Monitor Switchbox?

I use the Dbx 400 which is also a nice unit, I got them from the US via eBay at quite good prices, apart from the shipping to Australia. Regards John
  7. L

Revox A700 paint

Charles
  8. L

Revox A700 paint

I know exactly what you mean about the look. Some of my B77's need the Nextel repainting, but here in Australia forget it. The Nextel has also gone on the B795 turntable as well. I've got the PR99 MkII but there is nothing else in the Revox line that really matches it, I missed out on a PR99...
  9. L

Revox A700 paint

Hi Charles Just been looking through the favourites list on the computer for Revox and these may be of use to you if you haven't already found them! Regards John http://www.revox-online-shop.de www.revoxsammler.ch http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/ProductsDetails.aspx?WP=70 (replacement...
  10. L

Revox A700 paint

Charles You are more than welcome, if I was still in England my Revox's would have had a trip there by now. "Finally, I have been warned by Thear Technology that when I come to replace the main painted aluminium top panel (the one with the holes for the turntables and tape guides), there are...
  11. L

Revox A700 paint

Have a look at http://www.isr-ev.de/ and select english language. you may find just what you are looking for. Regards John
  12. L

Vintage Bang & Olufsen repair in Australia

The Beomaster suddenly decided not to work properly it would shut down without any warning. I took it to the local B&O repair centre paid $400 for it to fixed. About a month later it failed again with exactly the same problem. Repairer said it would take more time than he had available and he...
  13. L

Sorry for the duplicate post but the system will not give me the option to delete it
  14. L

Hi Can anyone recommend a repairer in Australia who can work on a Beomaster 8000 receiver? My local B&O repair centre is not interested. Needless to say the Beomaster is heavy to ship 21kg (47lbs) unpacked. Thanks in advance John Perth Western Australia
  15. L

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

I have a problem in that I can't resist some R2R decks, when I was a lot younger I couldn't afford to buy the decks I really wanted. Now there are some that I really really want! Vortexion CBL7 stereo I remember seeing it brand new in a store in Reading (England) but could not afford it...
  16. L

Revox A720, A722 and remote on deck

Hi Thierry I tried your suggestion of leaving the A722 power switch on, not very successful. When I turn the A720 off the A722 is still powered, also when switching on the A720 after the A722 is powered the is a very loud thump from the speakers! I must admit that the illustration for...
  17. L

Tascam 133 restoration

Does anyone know the paint type used on the top panel of the Tascam or a suitable alternative? The top plate of mine is a bit rough in places. Regards John
  18. L

What is your most sought after/Best receiver or amplifier you want or own?

I have a Beomaster 8000, Revox B780, Revox A720/A722. I'd like to get some late Tandberg to go with my TCD440A & TD20A SE. A Beosystem 7000 with Penta 3's would be nice too. Finally a Lecson AP to replace one that got stolen. John
  19. L

Revox A720, A722 and remote on deck

Congratulations on getting the set and not from far away! I have got the A720, 2x A722, 2x A700 and all the remote controls. My A720 came from Canada One A722 from Romania, the other from Sydney and the A700's I brought with me from England when I moved to Australia. The only problems I...
  20. L

Cassette Tape Storage

Cassette Storage Do you have any pictures of the cabinet? It sounds really interesting I need to store several hundred cassettes.
  21. L

Does anyone still use an external NR device?

I use a dbx 224x for some of my cassette decks and dbx 150x's (Type 1) for each of my reel to reels.
  22. L

Which r2r deck to keep?

As you are in the UK (and Europe) I personally would go for the Tandberg 1st and the Philips 2nd. Condition is of course important, also parts are far more readily available in Europe for both the Tandberg and the Philips as opposed to the US. If it were me and the funds were available...
  23. L

The unidentifiable Turntable with crap pics

A quick google search turned up the following which looks rather similar. Have a look at: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104943
  24. L

What camera(s) do you own?

Too many! Canon 1DS MkIII Rollei 6008 med format Rollei 3003 35mm Rollei SL2000F 35mm Rollei 35SE 35mm Rollei E110 Hasselblad Xpan II Leica R7 x2 26 lenses from 12mm to 1000mm Canon XL H1 video Various movie cameras (film not video) Will be soon selling the Leica's and the...
  25. L

Why do you own the turntables you have?

Currently have: Beogram 8002 (purchased new) Revox B795 (purchased used) Previous turntables: Dual 1219 (purchased new) Beogram 4000 (purchased new) Always liked the look of the Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference but could never afford one. There was one for sale here in Perth some time ago...
Back
Top Bottom