Search results

1. Tom in RI

AK Retiree Club

To add just a bit to Lakeeffect’s explanation, Medicare sets the rates for Medicare Advantage funding based on location, specifically county by county.To answer Andyman, I know this because I’ve been employed in the business of health insurance since 1984 and I’ve been working specifically with...
  2. Tom in RI

AK Retiree Club

I hope you realize the amount of money Medicare sends to Aetna, or any Medicare Advantage plan is over 5 times more than the standard Part B premium ($174.70).
  3. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

One of those discs I’ve had for an unknown length of time and didn’t have much of an impression of. Oh have I been asleep on this one!
  4. Tom in RI

AK Retiree Club

I’ll be turning 68 in August and have decided to make this year my last of (self) employment. Financially I‘m comfortable with our plan. What I worry about is missing work, not just the money but the constant stream of people I meet and leaving the circle of colleagues I currently wrk with.
  5. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

One of a very few Seabreeze lps I own, nice production values other than the front cover which I think as bad as it gets. More head scratching when you see the cover is high gloss and gatefold.
  6. Tom in RI

What are you drinking now?

Single origin Sumatra.
  7. Tom in RI

8. Tom in RI

9. Tom in RI

Locally brewed German style Pilsner.
  10. Tom in RI

Nice NEIPA with a curious name, Vinyl Triangles.
  11. Tom in RI

West Coast style IPA from Worcester, MA.
  12. Tom in RI

Santa brought me beans from my favorite coffee stop in California (admittedly I haven’t been to very many). Brewing a stove top espresso.
  13. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

Over at Organissimo a link was posted to a seldom seen documentary about Jimbo’s Bop City in San Francisco. Well worth the hour. Only available through this Sunday. https://www.jazzwax.com/2023/12/carol-p-chamberlands-the-legend-of-bop-city.html
  14. Tom in RI

Dry hopped Pilsner, crisp and delicious.
  15. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

Another cutout from waaaay back.
  16. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

I bought this around 1976, long time favorite comp of Duke and related from the Impulse label (they also snuck in Steely Dan’s take on East St Louis Toodle-oo from a sister label).
  17. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

I‘ve been away because I work with people on Medicare and the Annual Enrollment Period kept me busy 7 days a week. Now a little chance to relax. I’m on disc two, this is shaping up to be one of the best Mosaic sets I’ve heard.
  18. Tom in RI

Finback’s take on West Coast IPA, pretty good although I anted a little sharper bitterness.
  19. Tom in RI

ADS 2030 value?

Have never heard 2030's but I am a happy 1530 owner. A friend of mine has the later ADS M30's, another spectacular speaker. In his room they sound great, don't know how they'd sound in a larger space but I'd bet pretty damn good.
  20. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

This may be the wrong place for this post but, I’m looking to upgrade my turntable. I have a Dual cs5000 that I bought new in 1985 or so. Looking to see if $2000-$3000 will result in a significant upgrade. I’m more interested in a newer rather than older tt and I don’t want something excessive...
  21. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

22. Tom in RI

The OG East Coast IPA.
  23. Tom in RI

Worked all day today, now time to relax. It hit 80 today here in RI, still at 76 after 5:00. Probably the last day like this until next June.
  24. Tom in RI

Today's JAZZ playlist

25. Tom in RI

My neighbors complain when I put the baby ducks in the cider press, haven’t made baby oil in forever. But seriously, I understand that IPA won’t be in everyone’s wheelhouse. I drink as many non IPA’s as IPA’s and I try to sample as many different styles as I can. As long time followers of this...
Back
Top Bottom