Search results

1. M

Philco Model G1813s Console

Please note "electrostatic Speaker" (special handling req'd)
  2. M

Blade-Oil_Newly acquired weapon / tool in my war on entropy and aging vintage units.

Yup! I buy it at HVAC wholesalers all the time. Highly recommended for electric motors.
  3. M

Inexpensive desoldering tool.

Solder wick works ok but this thing is SOO much easier. the pins on the large relay are about a 16 guage. The header pins are about 14 guage wire and I was able to remove it without damage. The power cord on this model is complete garbage.
  4. M

Inexpensive desoldering tool.

I found a cheap desoldering tool that works quite well. Most hardcore hobbyists have their favorite tools (plunger type suckers, complete $$ soldering-desoldering stations,etc) I found this one on amazon (no affiliation) I am not going to link to this one as the quality leaves something to...
  5. M

Toroid Transformer Covers

Nylon center bolt or use some tubing around the edge of the cover to keep it insulated from the chassis
  6. M

Lance Cochrane tube amp - never got it working correctly

Search for a virtual center tap on the filament winding tied to to the 6l6 cathode circuit that might be floating or badly connected. This usually used as a lift to keep heater to cathode insulation happy.
  7. M

Another Chinese EL34 SE kit build - questions

Absolutely no need to parallel 2 6sn7 sections to drive an el34. switch to a 6j5 if you want to use 2 separate tubes.
  8. M

RIP my Silvertone shop amp

SEND IT TO A FELLOW MEMBER FOR PROPER DISPOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. M

Altec 1530 amplifiers

Link is 9 years old
  10. M

Is there some kind of table that shows synonymous names for TUBES?

something similar if you can, find the book https://ia802900.us.archive.org/27/items/GE_Essential_Characteristics/GE%20Essential%20Characteristics_text.pdf
  11. M

Magnavox Flea Power: Getting More Out Of The 8600 Series - A Lot More!

These transformers will make about 2 watts ok singe ended if you want to try.
  12. M

Frozen Chicken? No Problem!

833,s running flat out will cook about anything
  13. M

Accidentally running tube amp w/o speaker hooked up...

A 100 ohm 1 watt resistor across the output may save you some brown underwear in the future.
  14. M

Recommend driver for SE KT88

See tubelab.com. check out the SSE amp
  15. M

P2P Dynaco ST35 Inspired Build

Compensation caps. In.the feedback loop will vary with different transformers
  16. M

Wilsenton R300: Power supply and protection diodes

The secret in the design is if the 274's short out you still have a rectifier. The 10 ohm resistors will still protect the sand from spikes. (snide comment)
  17. M

6BM8 circuit redux - could anyone take a stab?

check values of resistors r102 r103 in the power supply. (kind of hard to read the schematic)
  18. M

6BM8 circuit redux - could anyone take a stab?

Todays wall voltages tend to be higher. Your readings are not bad.
  19. M

transformer rating to B+ voltage - another Noob question

Mercury Magnetics can be $$$$$
  20. M

Magnatone Starlet widowmaker update with isolation transformer

Check the 3.9k resistor. All 2nd node voltages on the power supply are low
  21. M

Magnavox AMP-142 rebuild

I have found some of the military output transformers available on epay have the frequency response of a telephone.....300 to 3khz Are your OPT's military surplus?
  22. M

Can you see what's wrong with this amp?

over large power indicator lite!
  23. M

Toroidal transformer as bucking transformer???

Thanks. Just trying to save some smoke.
  24. M

Toroidal transformer as bucking transformer???

Any one tried to use a toroidal transformer as a bucking traansformer?? I know they hate half wave rectification.
  25. M

RCA 8x541 radio no sound

p-t31 transformer should work. 5k to 8 ohm on a 4 ohm speaker=2.5k primary. Great for a 50l6 at 120 volts on the plate.
Back
Top Bottom