Search results

1. T

Toshiba SA-725

i see the math, and the connection. but how does the 25 watt toshiba out power the 100 watt kenwwod? what math / science are they using?
  2. T

Toshiba SA-725

power rating i just moved from my kenwood ka880sd, which is 100 watts per channel, to a toshiba sa 725, and i would say that the toshiba is probably even more powerful than the kenwood. so, i wonder how they rate these things, what they are measuring.......
  3. T

Kenwood KA 880SD repair question

hi my kenwood ka880sd main on-off switch just broke. it is one of those push-in things. push it in, it is on, push it a second time it is off. in the on position it is further in than the off position. it made a different clicking noise and felt different, and did turn on, but even...
  4. T

Anyone want a Fisher RS-36 - for free? it works, has lousy sound, and i don't want to spend any...

Anyone want a Fisher RS-36 - for free? it works, has lousy sound, and i don't want to spend any time on it. i'd put it on craigslist, but that attracts hoarders. none of you guys and gals, of course, would not be into hoarding stereo equipment. no, that is called collecting. anyway...
  5. T

Harman Kardon 330c

just passed on buying it. after a few minutes, one channel dropped out. don't think it was the speaker. also didn't like the speaker switches, which were beat up from use. probably could have had it for $10, but, life is complicated enough. but, it sounded nice until then. very smooth...
  6. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

thanks for the info on the deoxit. interesting your comments about the reception and sound the the 440. maybe, it is what it is.
  7. T

Harman Kardon 330c

the budget here is about 20 bucks. ref the "dial drum shaft on the tuning capacitor", that is above my pay grade. so far i'm into the sound, and the look, with a little interior dusting.
  8. T

Harman Kardon 330c

yeah, looks do matter. but weak fm reception can drive me off the deep end. have receivers and tuners gotten better at this over the years?
  9. T

Harman Kardon 330c

Harmon Kardon 330C- any thoughts on the quality? how about fm reception? i'm contemplating buying one. thank you........
  10. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

on ebay there is a guy selling bulbs for yamahas. not sure his background. noted about the collars. haven't gotten that far yet. still in the dusting off and listening phase.
  11. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

a bit deaf in it's old age......interesting thought. my car radio picks up way more stations. a toshiba sa-725, right next to the yamaha cr440, picks up more. same antenna type. i wonder if the deoxit stuff everyone is spraying might work on the tuner thing ( what ever it is called ).
  12. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

oh, and negative on the int ext antenna switch, at least that i can see on the outside.
  13. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

ok, tuning off the fm muting helped alot. then, putting the antenna on made a significant difference. though, stereo might have gone away, at least the red stereo indicator light did. but, not a big price to pay. thank you.
  14. T

Yamaha CR-440 problem

hi yamaha cr440 - it works, only needs a couple bulbs. But, the fm reception is weak. it seems that the the antenna, attached or not attached, does not make any difference. this is a flat wire, 300 ohm, "t" type. the strong stations come in nicely, and the weak ones not at all. any...
  15. T

yamaha cr-440 questions

hi - picked up a very nice looking cr-440. but, a couple lights don't work, and, what really gets me, is the fm reception is weak. brings in the strong stations nicely, but the iffy and weak ones barely come in at all. any thouhts? by the way, the cd player sounds great through it. ??
Back
Top Bottom