Search results

1. Ampzilla

Popularity of the new MX-150 Preamp?

I know I can't afford one, and the economy sucks, but am curious about the popularity of the new McIntosh MX-150 as far as sales and likeablility. Thoughts? Thanks, Dave.
  2. Ampzilla

HD radio digital out for recording.

Some HD radios have a digital out, (Sangean Radio) which I assume can be used for recording, to a computer hard drive. Does anyone have an idea of how practical this would be or any potential problems. It seems it would be a seamless way to archive desired radio programs without going through...
  3. Ampzilla

Move music from Yamaha CDR-1300 hard drive to computer hard drive

Is there any way to easily move music recorded on my Yamaha CDR-1300 hard drive cd recorder to my computer. The Yamaha has digital optical and coax outs. My laptop has no inputs except microphone and USB. Is there any easy way to do this? Any Yamaha cd recorder owners out there? Thanks. Dave.
  4. Ampzilla

Connect 2 sets of amp inputs at same time?

Is it possible on my MC-162 to add a second set of inputs from a receiver preamp (Denon AVR-3300) stereo outs? This is to use the MC-162 for the right left mains while playing HT material and leave the balanced cables connected with attached preamp (C-42) is turned off while using the Denon and...
  5. Ampzilla

Can the MX-136 do 5 or 6 channel stereo?

Can the MX-136 or other MX preamps do 5 or 6 channel stereo? My Denon receiver has a 5 channel stereo mode, which is great. (5 channels from 2 channel CD's) The McIntosh Manual talks about NEO 6 but I am not sure if this some kind of DTS mode or similar to what the Denon has. Thanks.
  6. Ampzilla

Adding external HD for WMP use on laptop.

I am trying to expand my Windows Media Player library to include music files on a much larger external hard drive. My laptop hard drive is very small and I can't put much more music on it. I have an external drive added throught the USB port and am trying to get WMP to recognise the external...
  7. Ampzilla

Why not a McIntosh Tube CD Player?

I noticed a tube cd player made by Prima Luna Company. Michigan dealer did not have one to audition, but I wondered how it sounds. Any interest in a McIntosh version? Why or why not? Thanks.
  8. Ampzilla

Why not a Denon manufacturer forum?

Any reason there is not a Denon manufacturer forum section?
  9. Ampzilla

New 'Solid State' Hard Drives

I've seen some information about some new 'solid state' hard drives that are being used in some new laptop computers that have no moving parts and are a lot less subject to damage. This seems a lot safer than depending on the current technology as a long term music/data storage solution. Is...
  10. Ampzilla

Card Writer?

Is there a device that will write on SD or other memory cards? (without a camera) I want to export my computer jpegs to the card and then use the card with a digital photo frame instead of using a computer.
  11. Ampzilla

McIntosh Dealerships Gone in Lansing, MI.

The last remaining McIntosh Dealer in Lansing, MI., Contemporary Audio, a fine store, was stripped of it's McIntosh dealership leaving no McIntosh dealers in town. Lansing is a town of about 300,000 people, which should seemingly be enough to support a dealership. The same thing had happened to...
  12. Ampzilla

Need a good source for Japanese mini-lp CD's

I am looking for a good source for Japanese mini lp CD's. I am having a hard time locating one on the net. Also, where is a good source to find an out of print title. I am looking for one 'Frank Sinatra Sings Songs From Great Britan'. If anyone has help or leads I would appreciate it. Thanks...
  13. Ampzilla

MA-230 opinions

A local dealer has an MA-230 intergrated (solid state pre and tube amp). Does anyone have any experience or comments with it? I wasn't aware of this model. I found it listed on Roger Russell site.
  14. Ampzilla

Fest cost per day?

Is the admission charge per day for the whole weekend?
  15. Ampzilla

All Denon Receivers to have HDMI v 1.3 This Spring.

Per an article in Sound and Vision magazine. Denon receivers at even the lowest price point were announced to have hdmi v 1.3 connectors. I haven't researched whether they would include advanced sound processors (for HD audio).
  16. Ampzilla

MVP-871 vs Denon 2930

Denon features a 'Realta HQV Teranex Processor' chip that they are touting as the newest best processor chip. How does this improvement and performance of the Denon video compare to the video of the new MVP-871? If anyone has had a chance to compare, or if not, what would be the differences...
  17. Ampzilla

B&W Speakers and Tube Amps?

I am thinking about a combination of B&W speakers with a tube amp because and I was told that B&W speakers perform better with solid state amps, which I usually see them paired with. I am looking for a warm natural vocal reproducing setup. I have mostly Klipsh horns now, which are grainy on...
  18. Ampzilla

Lamp question for MC-162.

The 'Amplifier' lettering on the front display of my MC-162 has become darker and I think I may have a expired bulb. If so, is this a 'do it yourself' job?
  19. Ampzilla

C-42 Headphone Jack Silence

I tried to use mini-plug headphones on my C-42 and only got silence. I know the phones are working have and a standard mini-plug. The manual does not explain a procedure for headphone listening. What is the preferred method to silence the speakers for headphone listening?
  20. Ampzilla

Login does not remember me and password

After the site was improved it does not remember me or my password (though I can log on) I would like to have it remembered to that I don't have to type it again everytime I log on. Thanks anyone.
  21. Ampzilla

Production Quantity Per Model Info.

Is there any listing anywhere of how many units were produced per model per year or so forth? I don't see some models mentioned that often, so I am lead to believe less of them were sold. That may be an incorrect assumption. I have a C-42 but I think It may have been produced less than other...
  22. Ampzilla

Saving Photos from PDF files?

Do any of our computer literate members know if a photo can be saved from a PDF file? Is there any trick to doing this or is it Mission Impossible?:scratch2:
  23. Ampzilla

Code for remote for Denon Reciever.

I need a code for the 'Output ' off/on for a Denon AVR-3300 reciever that I lost the remote for. Denon says I should get it from the a remote manufacturer. The remote manufacurers say its an obscure code and can't be found. The reciever has no output button on the front (figures). I need it to...
  24. Ampzilla

Power 'Conditioners', Power Spike Limiters...

Does anyone have experience with Power 'conditioning' or spike limiting equipment? Have read about some and have had cheaper Panamax models and one inexpensive Adcom. I know there are many more expensive models out there with different features. I have heard that the power 'quality' makes a big...
  25. Ampzilla

Frank Sinatra Live at the Sands SACD?

Has anyone experienced this disc? I have no SACD player so I have not purchased it. was curious about the sound quality, abience, etc. and general comments. Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom