Search results

1. Sansuiman

AU-6600 volume/balance pot specs?

Does anyone have the specs handy they can post for the combined volume and balance pot (the resistance value for each of the 4 gangs) from an AU-6600? I'm examining the feasibility of using one as a substitute for another application, and don't want to buy this pot until I know the resistance...
  2. Sansuiman

The Holy Grail part II, Q-3535

Because one can never have too much Sansui, nor Sansui tube gear in particular, I have gone off the rails here. Having barely caught my breath from the B-209 affair, I now have the natural bookend to go with it: the Q-3535. This one needs a bit of TLC, it is all there and mostly original...
  3. Sansuiman

The Holy Grail - B-209

Ok, at long last I can reveal my latest acquisition. Feast your eyes on these admittedly crappy cell phone pics and behold the latest glory of Sansuiman. So does this qualify me for the big leagues (ha)? More to come, this just arrived on my doorstep about 30 minutes ago. And in case anyone...
  4. Sansuiman

Troubleshooting IR remote, Sansui SE-88

Have an odd one here. Sansui SE-88 compuequalizer from 1991 (actually own several of these, most were made 1985-86, but Sansui continued to offer them in Japan for several more years, with production as late as 1991). This one is a JDM 100V version, one of two I presently own (yes, they are run...
  5. Sansuiman

Another Ebay scam?

Has anyone else noticed a recent trend (last several months) of high end vintage Japanese speakers (Sansui, Lo-D, Diatone etc.) being listed at artificially low prices versus typical market value, and negligible shipping cost (i.e. $25-35) by zero feedback sellers? Often the pictures attached...
  6. Sansuiman

Anyone have a honest assessment of the SH-15 headphones?

The recent posting of a brochure featuring the QH-44, SH-5 and SH-15 headphones got me wondering if anyone here has a pair of SH-15's and thinks they sound decent? I have some vintage headphones (including pairs of JVC and Toshiba Quads) some stereo closed ear Pioneers, and some newer ones by...
  7. Sansuiman

Opinions of Luxman CX and MX-100

Wanted to ask here if anyone has (or had) the Luxman CX and MX-100 pre and power amp set, and cared to expound on their quality and sound. What little I've found so far has been quite complementary, but there aren't a lot of these around, so first hand opinions are scarce. These date to about...
  8. Sansuiman

Huge Sansui score today.

Earlier today a deal came to fruition that I just have to gloat about. I picked up - for an embarssingly low amount, no less - a QRX-5500 with original documentation, QD-5500 quad open reel deck, and a stack of 4 channel open reel tapes (mostly prerecorded classic rock, Chicago, Loggins and...
  9. Sansuiman

QRX-888: does it exist?

Has anyone here ever actually seen a QRX-888 receiver? This would be the black front panel version of a QRX-8001. We know there was a QRX-777 and 999 of course, but in 27 years of my Sansui obsession, I have never once seen a QRX-888 nor any evidence such a model was even made. I don't think it...
  10. Sansuiman

Scored a free 1000X today!

While on a service call earlier, I was discussing the virtues of old audio gear with the customer. He has a Marantz 2275 and a Denon TT (model number not known to me) in his study along with some custom built two way speakers of his own design using Vifa drivers. After revealing my obsession...
  11. Sansuiman

Supercap replacement question

Probably a stupid question, but wanted ask anyway. I have an old receiver that uses a supercap to store tuner presets (and a few other items) in a keep alive memory. It needs replacement, and I ordered a couple only to discover the original is .047μF @ 5.5V, the replacements I received are...
  12. Sansuiman

B-2301 repair thread

I thought it best to start a new thread specifically regarding the repair of my recently acquired B-2301. I also wanted to document some oddities already noted. This unit was built April of 1986 (S/N 666044437) and I had thought the B-2301L had already superceded the original 2301 by sometime...
  13. Sansuiman

Grrr. B-2301 damaged in shipping.

Well, I thought I'd be able to put up a celebratory post on getting a B-2301. Instead, I get to piss and moan that it showed up damaged due to lack of adequate Internal padding. The box used (not factory original) was very stout and arrived without any outwardly visible damage. Inside though, a...
  14. Sansuiman

Question on importing gear to US and customs charges

I'm curious if anyone can reliably answer this. I have purchased several components out of Canada, the UK and Japan in the past two years, a couple of which were in the range of several hundred dollars in price paid. Not once (thankfully) have I been dinged with customs or import fees. My...
  15. Sansuiman

Current value of a Sansui TU-719

Looking for feedback on the current value of a Sansui TU-719 tuner. I have a distaste for referencing EBay and Reverb to establish valuations, as they typically have many examples unsold at prices that were clearly too high, and those that did sell tend to be all over the place. The TU-719 tuner...
  16. Sansuiman

Help ID odd Sansui rack handles

Ok, I need to enlist some help here. I have a pair of Sansui rack handles that I can't I'd the fitment for. These are the plastic (phenolic) type, not metal, and do not fit the standard full height tuners/amps (i.e. 717/919) as they are very slighly short, and also are too short to fit the...
  17. Sansuiman

SRC-1 wired remote, how to clean cord?

I just received a wired remote, SRC-1 for an SD-7000 open reel deck. It is in generally good shape, but the cord (which terminates in a 12 pin tube type plug) has an outer jacket of some type of rubber that is terribly sticky (age related breakdown). My question is this: anyone here have a...
  18. Sansuiman

New to the collection - TU-777

I had an opportunity to pick up a TU-777 at a good deal, and so went ahead and added it to my collection. While I don't do a lot of radio listening anymore, I'm planning to mate it with my AU-111, as it has a look that will complement it quite well being from very nearly the same era (this one...
  19. Sansuiman

Sansui speaker haul

This past Saturday, desperately needing some time away from work, I took a road trip down to Kentucky from St. Louis and made two stops. First in Louisville where I picked up a VERY nice pair of SP-300's with all drivers functional. Then it was onto Corbin (2.25 hours SE of Louisville) to grab a...
  20. Sansuiman

TR-700 receiver - thoughts anyone?

Here's an oddity. The TR-700 (not 707A) receiver. I have a line on one in very good shape, but am finding (expectedly) very little information on it online. It is very early solid-state, 1966 by all accounts, and is - get this - an FM mono/stereo tuner only, having no AM. It does receive the...
  21. Sansuiman

New arrival: Denon DCD-2000

This is mostly a vanity post I guess, but after years of lusting after a Hitach DA-1000 (vertical load first gen CD player) I finally added one - a Denon DCD-2000 rebadged version - to my collection today. I have to say this thing is every bit as sexy as it looked in pictures. And, to my...
  22. Sansuiman

Added to the collection: Sansui TR-707A

Well, I finally did it. I picked up a TR-707A in complete original condition (though a bit rough at the edges) it powers up and makes sound, but needs lots of work. A full recap is needed straight away: lots of axial Elnas and some PIO types present. This is now the oldest Sansui gear in my...
  23. Sansuiman

So an SA-9900 just fell into my lap...

along with a CT-F900 tape deck, both in original unmolested (but very dusty and dirty) condition. Now, as you might surmise from my screen name I'm in somewhat unfamiliar territory with these. I know they are good gear and my first inclination is to hang onto them for a while, but have the...
  24. Sansuiman

Info and opinions on AU-D707X?

I have a potential opportunity to pick up a very clean AU-D707X (Japanese domestic market 100v unit). I don't know much about this model being a JDM unit, and was wondering if the resident experts on these more obscure models would care to chime in with opinions on it, and which export/US market...
  25. Sansuiman

Sansui J series speakers, any informed opinions?

Sansui made a J series of speakers, apparently in three models: J11, J33 and J55, all offered briefly around 1979-80 it appears. The J11 were smaller wide range speakers, 4" woofer, dome tweeter and a 4" passive radiator in a brushed aluminum enclosure. These are somewhat reminiscent of the...
Back
Top Bottom