Search results

1. ben_

Celestion CS5

Hi folks, I found something I think decently priced, local to me and said to sound good according to the few reviews I could found on the web. Celestion CS5, looks in great shape, sellers says everything including grill is in very good conservation state.All original speakers and filters and...
  2. ben_

NAD 2600PE - seeking repair advice

Hello forum, After a few month hesitating about buying a used power amp, I finally found something matching my speakers needs (150 WPC and stable into below 3 ohms load) and bought a NAD 2600PE locally for a reasonnable price. I went to the previous owners place and listened to the amp on...
  3. ben_

Yamaha M65 value and opinions

Good morning, I'm still lurking on power amps and the last candidate is a Yamaha M-65, looks in decent shape The seller is aking for €350, so US $ 434 today, plus shipping. Seller says the caps were replaced with Nichicons, I'm awaiting for the list of capacitor actually replaced. I could...
  4. ben_

Ben Lacy's One track mind

Heard from this guy on a facebook group, he is a guitar soloist that plays drums, bass and guitar almost at the same time. I've listened to some other guitar single artist and arpeggio players but he sounded very funky, well layed out and cadenced. Lot of lives video on youtube with a mixed...
  5. ben_

AMC 2100 opportunity

Good morning/afternoon everyone, I have been looking for a dedicated power-amp for awhile without really pushing it, to replace my Yamaha AX-592 I use only for its power section since a few months. I have Focal 726 speakers, and they have a low impedance (2.9R at ~100Hz) so I'm searching for...
  6. ben_

2017 Chinese brands DAC vs. Teac

Hi there, Lately I wanted to upgrade my desktop dac. I was owning a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 which sounded great but slightly veiled and no better than my Breeze audio AK4490 (both with provided wall wart power supply) I wanted to buy a new generation DSD dac because I have more and more...
  7. ben_

Preamp gain and matching with power amplifier

Hello I intent to use a separate preamp as an upgrade path from my integrated Yamaha AX-592 which is powerful enough for my speakers but I found the preamp section not so good for digital sources, because of not so good channel separation and rounded top and bottom frequency response (in direct...
  8. ben_

Used Preamp pricing information

I'm tempted to buy a used RC 1070 preamp. Its in good condition and works fine, but miss remote and original packaging. Seller is asking $290 + postage, and remote original or compatible can be find for $30 on eBay What do you think of this pre and the price asked ? An alternative easier to...
  9. ben_

Adding a preamplifier to a modest system - is it worth it

I found somehting that I might be insterested in. Its a HT preamp from the now closed make Kinergetics, its a Kinergetics Chiro C-800 pre I would use in stereo only paired with my current living room system composed with - Yamaha AX-592 integrated amp - Focal Chorus 726 Floorstanders This brand...
  10. ben_

Kinergetics Chiro C-800 pre opportunity

Do you think this is worth the ~$110 (postage included) the owner is asking for ? Thanks for any input or advice on this model
  11. ben_

My modest office system

Here is my modest setup in my home office (working remotely) I listen mainly to digital format music, I like (hard) rock, blues, sometimes more electro/pop; mostly FLACs CD/SACD I have a MacBook Pro 2016 which is silent most of the time, connected to a Cambridge DacMagic 100 with USB to...
  12. ben_

Harman Kardon AVR-35RDS Or Rotel RA930AX which to keep

Hi there, I got the opportunity to buy used these two amplifiers from the 90's, both in great outside condition, but one with a channel was'nt working (the rotel) and the other with digital inputs not working. Hopefully I know a little about electronics and managed to repair both. The...
  13. ben_

Which speakers to choose between Celestion Ditton 240 and JBL LX 55

Hello AK users, I've been searching for a second system a pair of decent used speakers. I found a pair of celestion Ditton 240 and a pair of JBL LX 55, both available locally and just under €100. Haven't heard them but they work fine according to sellers, and both are in petty good state...
  14. ben_

jmlab db15 deal

Hello all, I have an opportunity to buy locally a pair of jmlab db15 bookshelfs speakers. Apparently in good working condition, the seller asks 40€ for them, I think its close to 55 USD. Do you know these speakers ? Appart the Jmlab's brand reputation I found very few information about...
  15. ben_

Is it safe to run stereo integrated amp on one channel only

Hello, I'm building a subwoofer for my HT setup. I'm also building a chip amp to drive it (2xTDA7293 paralleled). My sub box is almost ready (I only miss some damping material), and for testing it I found an integrated sansui A-1000, the one based on chips not tubes, I think it's from...
  16. ben_

Hello there

Hi, I'm kindof newbie to audio interest, although I always enjoyed listening to good and clean sound. I started when wanting to do home theater with a gift from my dad, his pair of sony speakers from 90's. Nothing fancy but columns with a comfortable power and good bass restitution. I bought...
Back
Top Bottom