Search results

1. hi*ball

Pioneer PL-518 Interconnect Replacement - Have Any Pictures?

Hello all! My beloved Pioneer PL-518 is currently in need of some new interconnects. I have searched the internet and haven't come across any good pictures of this being done. I like to see what I'm about to get into whenever possible. Does anyone here have any pictures you may have taken...
  2. hi*ball

Your Favorite Singer / Songwriters... Go!

Who are your favorite Singer / Songwriters? It could be past or present. For me it's (current): Colin Meloy (the Decemberists) and Neil Halstead (Slowdive / Mojave 3 / Black Hearted Brother) And past: Elliott Smith. How about you? Who are your favorites?
  3. hi*ball

Anyone Running Onkyo SP-809?

Hello All, Thinking about picking up an Onkyo SP-809 blu ray player from a neighbor to serve as both Blu ray/DVD & CD source. Is anyone currently running one of these? Any thoughts? I won't mention price because this isn't that forum, but it's about 10% of original retail price. Thanks!
  4. hi*ball

Anyone Using Lightroom 6 in 2020 - Updates Available???

Hello All, I have Lightroom 6 (on disc) that I purchased about 3+ years ago. I loaded it onto a new laptop today and shows that I am running version 6.0. I have seen online that the most current version is 6.14. The only 2 things that I would love to be able to do that I cannot right now are...
  5. hi*ball

Pioneer PL 518 vs Dual 510

Hello All! Pioneer PL 518 vs Dual 510. Both turntables have the same cart: Shure V15 type iii. Both in excellent condition without any issues. In my apartment, there is only room for one. Which do you choose, and why? Go!
  6. hi*ball

Pioneer PL 518 - What Was Cost in 1979?

Hello all! Hope you're staying safe in these crazy times. I recently picked up a Pioneer PL 518 with a Shure V15 iii cart from a neighbor for $60. I'm going through it now and it seems to be all good, with the only exception being the need for feet. I was searching for a bit, but was not...
  7. hi*ball

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have lost Paul Vasquez, the "Double Rainbow" guy

Loved watching this guy's videos, especially this one... and of course the many remixes... RIP Paul Vasquez. You ARE the double rainbow.
  8. hi*ball

Anyone Using Google Play Music? Having Issues Uploading Your Music?

I have been using Google Play Music for a few years now. It made it very convenient to upload all of the music that was in my laptop to their server so that I could sit back and cast from my phone or tablet to the Chromecast Audio puck and into my receiver. All of a sudden though, I am unable...
  9. hi*ball

New Car Battery Dead - Will Driving Alone Recharge?

So about a month ago I put a brand new battery in my Honda CR-V. I then left it parked at long term airport parking at SFO for 9 days, with the map light on :confused: Battery was dead, but I was able to jump it and drive home (about 30 minutes). When I got home and parked, decided to see if it...
  10. hi*ball

Show Us Your Succulents!

I really love succulents! Do you love them too? Post 'em up! I've been doing some research, trying to educate myself with care, planting and eventually propagation. (These were mostly gifts for friends)
  11. hi*ball

Sound Quality of Multiple "Classic Albums" on Multiple CDs - Anyone Own These?

Recently I have noticed these multiple album CD sets that would seem like a nice way to get quite a bit of music on the cheap. My only concern is what these might sound like. Anyone here have any experience with these? Here is an example:
  12. hi*ball

Lost Another One - Sonny Burgess

Sad... https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2b773a78-cae5-36b9-a8ab-64f25c5bd7d2/ss_rockabilly-pioneer-sonny.html
  13. hi*ball

Imperial Vinyl Reissues - Good or Bad?

Has anyone purchased any reissued albums on the Imperial label? I was about to buy one online, but could not find any feedback either good or bad. Anyone purchased any of these?
  14. hi*ball

What Replacement Stylus for Shure V15-III would be "Warmest"

I know that this term gets tossed around a lot, but I was just curious. Here is what I am running: Dual 510 with Shure V15-III DU cartridge, Yamaha CR-600 receiver and Cambridge Soundworks S30 speakers (no sub yet). In you opinions, what would be the warmest replacement stylus for this cart...
  15. hi*ball

Olympic National Park - Ever Been There? Recommendations?

Hello All, My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of going to the Olympic National Park in Washington for a LONG time now. With rain forests and its close proximity to Victoria Canada, it just seems like a great place to see. We are thinking of going in the first week of October...
  16. hi*ball

Huge Thank You to drbiggles, Johnny Law and tubeampking!

Just wanted say a huge thank you to these 3 guys who helped me assemble a first system for a friend. Drbiggles (Guy) was willing to drive to meet me with the receiver, which works flawlessly, to get this system started. Johnny Law (Ryan) came through with a nice pair of Advent Prodigy speakers...
  17. hi*ball

Ortofon FF 10 XE Tracking Force?

Can anyone tell me what the correct tracking force is for this cartridge? Thanks!
  18. hi*ball

Do You Regularly Move LPs In and Out of Your Collection?

As of right now, I am sitting at about 10 cubbies in an Ikea Kallax unit filled with records (2 full rows of a 5 x 5 unit), close to 650 records. This is about as many albums that I would like, simply because of the space it takes up (in an apartment) and for the simple fact that I can only...
  19. hi*ball

How Did The Beatles Release SO MANY Albums in 1964??

I was just going through and comparing the Rolling Stones discography with the Beatles discography and comparing albums released by the 2 bands in the same years. When I started going through the first year (1964) I was amazed by the sheer quantity of releases by the Beatles! Holy cow! My list...
  20. hi*ball

Tom in RI - Top Shelf!

Received two diferent lots of jazz records from Tom recently; both perfectly packed, shipped quickly and in beautiful condition. Do not hesitate to buy from Tom!
  21. hi*ball

Jack White - Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 - Looking Forward to This

Really looking forward to this. Release date is Sept 9 http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/01/jack-white-carolina-dream-acoustic?hl=1&noRedirect=1
  22. hi*ball

What is VTF for Shure V15 Type III Shibata Stylus?

Recently purchased replacement stylus from LP Gear, but there is no info for VTF. My assumption is 1.25g, but does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks!
  23. hi*ball

AMC's "Turn: Washington's Spies" - Who Else Is Watching This?

I have to say that this is probably one of the best shows that I have seen in a long time! I had it in my Netflix cue for quite a while, and then one day I finally decided to start watching it. I love this show! I have now seen the 3 complete seasons that are available (season 1&2 on Netflix...
  24. hi*ball

What Was the Top Billboard Song When You Were Born?

What Was the Top Billboard Song When You Were Born? Here is a link to the songs topping the charts way back when: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_number-one_singles For me it was "Keep On Truckin" by Eddie Kendricks (??) How about you?
  25. hi*ball

Been Thinking of Ditching Cable - Favorite Streaming Options for TV?

Hello all, We are going to be moving in about 10 days and I have been considering the option of having internet only, no "cable" TV. Is anyone here using streaming services for all of their TV watching needs? I know that there are some here who watch little to no TV, but are there some who do...
Back
Top Bottom