Search results

1. 55Redneck

What are some of the nicest pairs of speakers you own?

So far my Goldilocks speakers seem to be a pair of Luxman LX104 MKII's designed by Paul Barton of PSB fame. I've tried many many pairs of speakers against them and they all come up lacking in the sound dept. and sorta sound like a transister radio in comparison. I'll have these til they chunk me...
  2. 55Redneck

O.J. Simpson

I guess he can finally rest now, knowing that his wife's killer is dead. ;)
  3. 55Redneck

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

When I was 10 years old I spent a month on my cousin's farm in Manitoba and learned how to drive in a 65 Fargo 3/4 ton P/U with a slant six and a three on the tree. If it had wheels I drove it while I was there. One of the most fun times of my life. Visiting my best friend last summer I said hey...
  4. 55Redneck

The official AK golf thread

I stunk it up big time but it was a beautiful day pushing 70F and I know this Friday I'll play better. My course survived winter quite well and the greens are good, I just couldn't sink a putt to save my life.
  5. 55Redneck

Mark Knopfler fans, New album coming soon.

Thanks James, got it on CD and cassette. ;) Good album by the way.
  6. 55Redneck

How many years of your life would you give up?

Aug of 2013 I had 3 strokes, I mostly recovered but in the last couple of years my left side has been failing more than ever. I told my wife if I ever get to the point that I can't drive, put a bullet in my head. If the day comes that I'm to feeble to golf with my buddies I also no longer want...
  7. 55Redneck

Mark Knopfler fans, New album coming soon.

I'll be buying it as soon as I see it, I've yet to be disappointed in any of his solo efforts, I even have a few of his soundtracks which are also good.
  8. 55Redneck

FINALLY opening day for my course is announced. I have myself an Apr 1, 11 am t-time. Not with one of my fave members but I don't care at this point. A T-time is a t-time. ;)
  9. 55Redneck

When I lived in the Vancouver burbs years ago my golf buddies had a tradition, we golfed every boxing day (Dec26) and one year after the usual winter rains for weeks Christmas day it got very cold. The fairways which are usually very mushy that time of year were like concrete, I've never been a...
  10. 55Redneck

What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

Been using Gillette Mach3 for years until a month or so back I went to Wally world to get a 5 pack of replacement blades and saw the $22 price tag and decided to try Harry's. So far I'm liking them and a 5 pack of blades is about $13, Win win. :)
  11. 55Redneck

Linda's sticker shenanigans on her record collection...a poll

Sorry, no Doors from the OTIS collection, there were stuff like Rare Earth, Leon Russle, Beatles White album ect. If there was a Doors album from OTIS I may have left it behind because I've never been a fan. ;)
  12. 55Redneck

Linda's sticker shenanigans on her record collection...a poll

I've bought and sold quite a bit of vinyl at a local pawn shop and a couple years ago I was finding some good classic rock albums and on every one of them the name OTIS was written on the top right corner of the cover. After hearing how good the pressings sounded I went back and bought every...
  13. 55Redneck

We're getting up to the high 60's temps up here lately, I sure hope opening day is coming soon. :)
  14. 55Redneck

Getting the itch REAL bad now. Should be out there in less than a month now. Drove by my course yesterday and most of the snow has melted off the fairways and the restaurant at the course has been open for almost a month. Just regripped my old faithful putter this morning. Gotta go through my...
  15. 55Redneck

Gator Nationals 2024

Nothing in the world like it, used to go to the Northwest Nats at SIR in Seattle every year. Haven't been since 1998 though. I remember standing about 100 yards behind the starting line and getting hit by pebbles when they were doing their burnouts. If you are a gear head and have never been to...
  16. 55Redneck

Vinyl only spin list

I've been tryin' to buy that album up here for about a year, with no luck so far. I picked up Jimmy Buffett's last album yesterday and it's outstanding, made my day. Giant Parrothead here but Love the Lovell sisters too.
  17. 55Redneck

The Beatles VS Led Zeppelin

I voted Beatles because of the large variety of music they played, and their writing. I don't mind Zeps music but I just can't take Plant's caterwalling, his voice is like sticking an ice pick in my ear. ;)
  18. 55Redneck

Spent some time working on some putting in my music room yesterday and also worked on my chipping motion. I don't really want to chip actual balls in there for fear of breaking some audio gear. I think it'll be a good season once we finally get going. My course usually opens the first week of...
  19. 55Redneck

The Sunday's game.

Somebody asked me what I was doing for Superbowl and I replied, "watching golf". ;)
  20. 55Redneck

Who'd have thought THAT would make THAT MUCH difference?

I installed tile for a living for over 30 years and my left knee is hooped. My Doc says my pain is caused by a calcium buildup on my meniscus. I ask her what I can do about it and she tells me excercise, and I bitch that that's what makes it hurt. Personally I think our healthcare system doesn't...
  21. 55Redneck

Well, this oughta make some heads explode!!! ;)

I can't listen to her for more than a minute or two, but I could look at her all day. ;)
  22. 55Redneck

I'm starting to get the itch to play REAL BAD now, but my course probably won't open til early April but I hope I'm wrong. It's been a real mild winter up here so we may get an early start this year, I can only hope. :)
  23. 55Redneck

It's a beautiful Spring day..!

It actually hit 60F here yesterday and the 12" of snow we had on the ground is mostly gone. Bring on spring, I'd like an early start to the golf season this year. :)
  24. 55Redneck

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

Jimmy Buffett, John Prine, and JJ Cale.
  25. 55Redneck

CD player with nice analog sound.

Funny you mention fatiguing, My Carver was the first player I've owned that wasn't. I got it at a yard sale for 5 bucks. It was hacked up bad but it looks better now. It took me some time, effort, and paint to make it right again. Just an FYI, someone before me crudely cut the face down, I'm...
Back
Top Bottom