Search results

1. Nate's Audio

Nate's Audio

Nate's two speakers
  2. S

Best sound at AKFEST 2010 and other ramblings

Nate is a speaker maker and he had two sets, a little stand-mount and a MTM design with a transmission line; he used Van Alistine (sp?) electronics.
  3. S

Best sound at AKFEST 2010 and other ramblings

Thanks for sharing; I didn't get to near as many rooms as I would have liked. David Michael's room was the first I made it to and I greatly liked it as well; I tried to get back to it before I left to see if I felt the same later, but the room was full and David had the little Harbeth's hooked...
  4. S

Photos from AKFest 2010

The guy that asked suggested either 315k or 350k, I can't remember, and as I say, the guy just shrugged his shoulders, nodded his head a bit, made a strage face and walked away, rather odd. I concur. I am not one to diss the system because I didn't like the people much, as I stated prior, I...
  5. S

Photos from AKFest 2010

I was sitting right behind you when you asked the question, the guy in the wheelchair, and there was no doubt about their 'tude! In fact, I had already formed my opinion of the crew and just after you asked your question and they started the little dance around your question, I split. As I...
  6. S

Photos from AKFest 2010

I would have to concur with the above on the attitude of these guys, not good. I was not able to hear them anywhere near a sweet spot nor with music I'd prefer, but they were clearly dynamic and a couple friends I was with did hear them in better situations than I and had some good to say...
  7. S

Photos from AKFest 2010

There were a lot of rooms I never made it to, but Nate's Audio room was extremly impressive for me.
  8. S

Back from the fest, full report

You just described everyone! I was a little disappointed this year compared to last year, I thought the amount of vendors was down, but maybe it was just me. The two rooms that stood out for me were the Salk room and the Wadia/Octave/Dynaudio room, with the C1's; two great rooms for me; I...
  9. S

Another take on AK-08

I'm with you Terry, my experience was positive as well, as it was for those with me. I also agree that the check-in was congested, but I am not sure of how to do it better either. Great show and thanks to all who put it on!!
  10. S

Standout rooms at the Fest

It is always interesting to hear the different reactions from people. Our group hit the Usher rooms last and we were disappointed. The 8871's for me seemed like they had potential but too big for the room; also they didn't sound that coherent, I'd like to hear them again in a better...
  11. S

Standout rooms at the Fest

The Ridge Street / Ultra Fi room stood out best for me. Other mentionables: McIntosh / IDS speakers Harbeth / Belles
  12. S

My AK Fest Experience; First and Probably My Last.

This was my first AKFEST as well and I went with 4 other guys and all 5 of us were thrilled with the experience, have no regrets and would go again.
  13. S

c2300 and mc402 burn in??

I follow, so you were using the C2200/Rotel, switched to the 402 and you are not hearing as much difference as you expected, yes? Have you experimented with using the different ohm taps on the back of the amp?
  14. S

c2300 and mc402 burn in??

Probably not what you want to hear, but you may want to try one of Mac's newer tube preamps; I have read comments from one who tried both the C2200 and C2300, with the C2300 being far superior. My personal opinion is that either the C2200 is over hyped or they do not all perform the same.
  15. S

Ma6300

Hi Mike, If Ron knows, I think he is being vague due to his position. As for the answer depending on ones requirements, I can agree if someone needs more power than the 6300 offers, other than that my question isn't that difficult; I will put it forth in a clearer fashion, although I don't...
  16. S

Ma6300

That's why I think it is a valid question to be asked. If the 6300 is "focused" on the audiophile and lacks options the others have, it raises the question. That said, in your postion I didn't figure we could get a direct answer.
  17. S

Ma6300

This begs the question to how it compares to the other two SS integrated amps. If it uses some newer technologies, is it better than the other two in any ways? I suspect a straight answer may be hard to get.
  18. S

Tube Rolling - MA2275

If anyone has tried different tubes in their MA2275 I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks
  19. S

MA2275 veiled?

...until you hear it.
  20. S

MA2275 veiled?

Nice system Duane. These Cerabase isolation platforms you use, was the gear on a stereo stand or on the floor? Is your stand designed to be a stereo stand?
  21. S

MA2275 veiled?

Hi cunaz, Thanks for your comments. The MA2275 I have is used so break in is not an issue. Your system is interesting as I recently saw a "show" picture that had a MA2275 using Dali speakers, so you are not alone in your thoughts that they are a great match. As stated above, there is no...
  22. S

MA2275 veiled?

Yes, the exact same socket.
  23. S

MA2275 veiled?

I found the culprit causing the veil last night, after using the amp for the last 9 days, it is the power cord; I only have one after market PC, a Virtual Dynamics David, which was on my CDP. After moving the David to the amp it transformed the amp, by far the biggest difference I have ever...
  24. S

MA2275 veiled?

I was afraid you'd take my reply personal and it appears so. I didn't like your question because I didn't think it was valid. As for tubes not being a good match for B&W, I would have been in that camp, but I have heard a few positive comments on the 802D's with the MA2275 as well as the...
  25. S

Tube vs SS for B&W 803S?

I wouldn't (fully) agree with that, it depends on what you are shootin' for. (If you are saying cost in comparison, watt for watt, that may be different, I may just be misunderstanding the statement.) I have a MA2275 hooked to B&W 802D's and it has some awesome traits, some of which the...
Back
Top Bottom