Search results

1. N

Need some help diagnosing a problem with Yamaha reciever

Hi all, its been a while since I posted on the audiokarma forums, and I apologize in advance if I've posted this in the wrong place, but i was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem with my reciever. Its a Yamaha HTR 5750 that my dad picked up from some guy on the way to the...
  2. N

New to Sansui 881

I bought my 881 off someone whom I believe is a poster on these boards for $75 (absolutely MINT) and I was blown away by the sound! It was my main rig until I got the SX-1050 but its still going as my bedroom system and sounds a hell of a lot better than what most of my friends have.
  3. N

Computer system: How to?

Well assuming your soundcard is okay.. just go out and buy an RCA -> 1/8" jack cable. Then hook the jack into the computer and the L/R stereo cords into the back of your amp. Viola! Your amp is now playing your music from the computer. This also works with iPods and discmans.
  4. N

Aussie ebay, much worse than USA. Insane.

So... does a few extra zeros in the brain department mean you're smarter?
  5. N

Kirsch

LMAO!!! 88db + 3db.... WTF? Why do their systems with three different drivers only have one crossover frequency? are the 5.25" midrange drivers hooked up with the 8" woofer?? Their site reeks of seediness.
  6. N

Polk Monitor

I really like the Monitor 5. Nice small speaker with plenty of bass and great highs. As for blowing a monitor 7... I don't really see how "the only speaker i've ever blown was the monitor 7" translates to "people seem to think it's the norm to have drivers blowing like so many kernels in a...
  7. N

Audio forum Etiquette

Yeah I think the main difference between this forum and a lot of other forums is the maturity of the posters. A lot of the older members here (by that I mean who have been here longer, not the old duffers:P) act very civilized, and its a great change from other forums I frequent (such as...
  8. N

The Audio Fairy visited my office - FREE stuff

Be careful. AK members will camp outside your office every day to see what new stock is coming in.
  9. N

A Thirty Inch Woofer !

Didn't that come on the E/V Patrician II speaker? I remember reading something about it at the Lansing Heritage website.
  10. N

selling Pioneer HPM-200 speakers, need new ideas for speakers.

I think if you're going for pure volume you should just get a set of Klipsch LaScalas or something with a horn. That'll make you deaf nice n quick :)
  11. N

Never thought I'd actually see it... iPod tube amp/dock

I was at London Drugs yesterday (its a canadian place) and I went to check out their home audio section when I saw this set up outside. Here Of course I had to listen to it and fiddle around with it. It seemed like a neat concept, but the sales person seemed to be at a loss for words when...
  12. N

I feel like I just shoe-horned a V8 into a Civic...

Well whenever the reciever is on, the glass panels in the front are open, and the shelf above it is a good 4 inches above it so its got plenty of ventilation on the top. And thankfully the 1050 doesn't have heat sinks all around it like its bigger brothers so I don't need to worry about that...
  13. N

Well the only thing that worries me so far are those pesky shallow RCA plugins... I'll post a picture either today (saturday) or tomorrow... I dont seem to be getting the left channel on the CD player, and I kinda hooked the B speakers up backwards (In phase of course.. but my dad was holding...
  14. N

Maybe I'm possessed?

Would you really be surprised if you found out you were buying equipment off kids? Afterall you never see the person:D :scratch2:
  15. N

So who here has a really bad listening room?

This room is about 25'x15x and the ceilings are 6'6. The size isn't really a problem but umm... considering its my PARENTS rec-room, and not mine... well I really don't have any say over where I can place speakers and furniture. My Polk 10b's are up against the computer desk and require me to...
  16. N

Well after much struggling, a new set of RCA wires and too much heavy lifting, I got my SX-1050 into my stereo cabinet. The stereo cabinet is solid oak with glass doors, straight out of 1978, and the damn thing is only 18.75 inches deep from the back to the glass on the doors. Seeing as this...
  17. N

Polk 9a's

I'd say grab 'em immediately! They're pretty damn rare.
  18. N

My perfect office system...

Are you doubting the aura of the sacred audio-rocks? :gigglemad
  19. N

Bedroom System

I've got a Kenwood KR-3600 with a Playstation 2 as the source and a pair of Polk R15's. Sure its not the most high fidelity system but we're talking about a bedroom system here. Also, I don't know how the Kenwood does it, but it sure squeezes a lot of bass out of those tiny woofers.
  20. N

Proud New Papa- SX-650

My dad actually has a bunch of teak and other thin exotic wood veneer. Once I finish my semester I might attempt a funky lookin SX-650!
  21. N

Think this would work? (power amp question)

I think I will :) Also, the gain knobs on the amp, should they be set at infinite? Or how should I go about setting those?
  22. N

Proud New Papa- SX-650

Ohh I guess its vinyl. That plastic crap he was talking about is underneath as well. I found it to be a good match with Polk Monitor 5's. It didn't really have enough power to get the 10's moving, and with a set of 8ohm Boston Acoustics A-150's, you could kind of tell it was reaching its...
  23. N

Proud New Papa- SX-650

I'd say its a fair deal. I paid $45 CDN for mine and the veneer siding was pretty rough. Great little reciever though isn't it? Definitely sounds like a lot more than 35wpc.
  24. N

Think this would work? (power amp question)

I have myself a mic/source selector that I picked up for like $70 at a professional music equipment sale, and a power amp that I've had for ages. What I was wondering was whether I could use the source selector as a preamp for the power amp. It takes 4 sources and has a bass, treble and...
  25. N

Nacho Libre stereo

It was a bad movie, and a bad date I saw it with. You're not the only one who wants his 100 minutes back. I'd also like the cost of her dinner and movie ticket back too.
Back
Top Bottom