Search results

1. Muddywaters

Funny what constitutes "working condition"...

It's interesting sometimes taking a chance on something on the auction site isn't it? Been mainly lucky but sometimes I take a chance on something not too expensive at least. This is the only the second time I've gotten a cartridge missing the most critical part... the diamond. Could tell the...
  2. Muddywaters

RIP Tom Petty

I'm bummed... Well it's all right, even if you're old and grey Well it's all right, you still got something to say Well it's all right, remember to live and let live Well it's all right, the best you can do is forgive Well it's all right, riding around in the breeze Well it's all right, if you...
  3. Muddywaters

Storm Music

Living in southwest Florida is great most of the time but with the approach of Irma things are looking dicey for us in all of Florida and I'm in the mood to crank some tunes after spending the past couple days battening the hatches, grabbing gas and stocking up on food/supplies.I'll probably be...
  4. Muddywaters

Thorens, Grace, ADC 1978 again Thanks ehoove! (plus noise q)

My last Thorens, a 126 MKII, Black Widow ADC XLM II was stolen along with other gear and my roomies' system around, (former roommate we think),1980. I also had a 160 and 145 previous but to this day I've missed that set up. A few years ago I spotted a 150 ab on BT and ehoove and I struck a deal...
  5. Muddywaters

Rescuing a NOS ATS12S

I've been digging out some of my old mm favorites and restocking on some styli. I have an AT 12S with the original stick which is in good shape and a mint ATS12S in backup but picked up another that arrived just before new years. It came in Astatic packaging. Low and behold it was a NUDIE my...
  6. Muddywaters

Denon DP-47F Service Mpls/St Paul area (time constrained)

I'm up visiting family in the western suburbs of Mpls and the shop I left a immaculate DP-47F for tuning with apparently doesn't have the capabilities to get it running perfectly. The table was purchased new by me in 1991 for my wife to use. It mainly functioned as a place to put her current...
  7. Muddywaters

ADC cartridge measurements

I'm a big fan of ADC since the original XLM. I have three bodies and a number of stylus choices so I thought I should measure them electrically and share/compare with the knowledge base here and see if mine jive with others. Gold body (purported XLM MkII) 546 mh L 545 mh R 859 Ohm L 856...
  8. Muddywaters

Sad to hear...

of the passing of the blues/music legend BB King :tears:
  9. Muddywaters

Breaking in carts and a phonostage with my 3 arm 1200

Thought some of you would enjoy seeing a three arm Techie 1200 MK2. My SP10 is still packed up (Aries and slate Lenco and a host of others too), but I had to get some music flowing. We are in the 9th inning of completion of a total gutting/remodel of our home. My main tables are still buried...
  10. Muddywaters

Got my Mono Mojo up... (mit ein grosse danke auf thedelihaus)

... and running merrily :D Been having a hard time pulling myself out of the sweet spot long enough to post. I enjoy reading other threads of success stories when synergy comes to pass that others share with us on our analogue adventures. I luckily grabbed a package deal on a Technics SP25...
  11. Muddywaters

Vertical Vinyl impress your friends and relatives

http://www.jr.com/ion/pe/ION_VERTVINYL/ with this you eliminate the need for a wall mount shelf too
  12. Muddywaters

Idler added to the stable

Finally got one of the new, (to me), tables up and running. Big thanks to Redboy :thmbsp: I picked up this modded armless Lenco L78 just before leaving Minnesota a few weeks ago. It is 1-1/2" slate and has a PTP 4 stainless toplate. It has a 12" SME cutout so I removed the arm board...
  13. Muddywaters

So I killed a spider yesterday with a tonearm....

Yes you read that correctly. Had my temp plinth SP25 spinning yesterday using two tonearms and comparing various step ups. I had just placed a copy of the latest Analogue Productions Quality Record Pressings APP8604 Grateful Dead "Reckoning" (side three) Deep Elem Blues. (this is a killer live...
  14. Muddywaters

Selling gear to a non posting AK'er?

Sorry mods if this isn't appropriate delete. I have a turntable in BT that I got a pm on from a an AK'er who has been a member two years but never (0 times) posted in the forums. Since this potentially is my first sale here is that a potential problem in any way? I'm interested in moving...
  15. Muddywaters

Switching multiple tonearm low level phono signals

I'm interested in switching multiple phono signals with a minimum of loss and capacitance issues. This can mean lomc prior to sut or headamp in some cases if possible. Remote capability would be wonderful although not necessarily a deal breaker. Anybody have something working nicely in an...
  16. Muddywaters

Excalibur TT-1 Broadcast/DJ use?

I received an unexpected surprise in the SP25 package I got recently. Pics are below. I was curious on its history. I'm purely guessing it was used in broadcast situations. Google isn't producing anything useful so far. It has greenish sticky/slimy goop on the power input end of the...
  17. Muddywaters

Grace F9 id help/advice needed please

I need some Grace cartridge experts/owners to offer some thoughts and identification help on my recent purchases. Just last week I purchased two (different sources) Grace F-9's listed as F9-E's which are in the pictures below. Both have the F-9 designation but have different body color and a...
  18. Muddywaters

Syntec S-220 tonearm

I picked one up recently and found the arm stub turns 360 degrees. Anyone know the inner workings on how it is fastened/attached? Seems to be a plastic piece. Stub stays on the housing. I'm using the audio wonder tool Blutack right now to hold it in place but don't feel like pulling the...
  19. Muddywaters

Grace 707 cartridge suggestions

I've got gotten my recent acquisition a Technics Sp25 spinner in a temporary plinth and have a Grace 707 mounted (thanks mr french) with a Stanton 680/lp gear vivid running very nicely but I am looking for some ideas on carts to consider as good good matches for this classic arm. In my...
  20. Muddywaters

Tonearm Mounting Tips Tricks for a Rookie install?

I've got a SP25 in possession and have a Jelco 750D 12" and a Grace 707 coming. I'm going to do the mounting (a first for me). I'm planning on doing a test run on some scrap mdf /chipboard to make sure of my layout configuration leaving room for a third arm too. Then I'll move on to a final...
  21. Muddywaters

Jelco SA-370H opinions

I'm embarking on a SP25 project which should eventually end up with at minimum 2 arms most likely a final plinth will be capable of 3. I'm considering the SA-370H's available on the auction site from a couple sellers and have a a wtb post in Barter Town which majik47 has graciously responded...
  22. Muddywaters

Grace G-940 users?

Hello all, I'm considering a birthday present for myself and looking into a table that has a Grace G-940 on it. I was curious as how you like the arm and what carts you've enjoyed using with it. Pro's/cons? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
  23. Muddywaters

Denon 103 Defrocked

Promised to provide a peek under the kilt and the process I used to remove the body and replacing them with wood and aluminum shells on my two 103's. The usual disclaimers apply regarding trying this at home and w/o adult supervision. :nono: Don't jump on me if you bork your cart attempting...
  24. Muddywaters

Denon DL-103 Soundsmith Re-tip options

I have a 103 I bought off ebay knowing it had a slightly cracked housing. Electrically it is fine. I performed surgery successfully and got it removed from the body in one piece and mounted it in an aluminum housing I got from ebay by way of England. I am trying to decided if I want the...
  25. Muddywaters

Hello and thank you!

Greetings to all karma folks. Due to my son's budding interest, (spurred a little by your friendly enclave here), in things audio, particularly vinyl, I've lurked the site for a while and decided to join myself. I really appreciate the "no attitude" friendly atmosphere that you maintain...
Back
Top Bottom