Search results

1. jackmoni

Dac-09

Update. I fired everything up and switched to my netbook which is connected via a usb and the light went on but it stays off with the cd player connected via components.???
  2. jackmoni

Dac-09

I just noticed that the red light I see through the top vent has not been working lately. It lit up the other day but it is now out again. Any idea what's up?
  3. jackmoni

Isle of Man TT

Brought tears to my eyes. Been follwing this since Hailwood and Agostini.
  4. jackmoni

Radio on the internet.

Try Live365. I've listening to it for years. Soon I will be relocating to the mountains of Southern British Columbia and radio is VERY limited. That's my ace card.
  5. jackmoni

sansui 907imos limited VS sansui au 9500

I've have had an au9500 for the past 35 or so years and would never part with it. Right now I have it and a HK Citation 16 running through a Grant Fidelity dac09( the GF dac has two outputs) in tandem. The au9500 works with totems and the HK with Focals. With this setup I can adjust the volumes...
  6. jackmoni

Opinions on most over rated audio equipment.

Sorry, I thought I got the last post under the wire.
  7. jackmoni

I agree about the sound. My systems both run simultaneously through my dac and I have done many speaker/amp combinations and when all is said and done my preference is the Sansui and it has half the power. Just for the record I do have new ht gear.
  8. jackmoni

:tears:Well there goes my day!
  9. jackmoni

Gee, nobody bitched about Hk or Sansui by name or did I miss it? Have I been spared an insult?
  10. jackmoni

What's your favorite free CD ripping/burning software?

Works for me to. It gives song titles so you can listen to which tracks you want. I'm using the wav format (my preference).Very simple.
  11. jackmoni

Where to buy lossless music online ? (no MP3)

Use the public library.It only costs the price of a card.
  12. jackmoni

New CBC Music Site multi-channel multi-genre all free

Commercial radio can be a drag. I don't even have a tuner in my main system so what I do is tune in to Live 365 on the netbook which run through the dac.
  13. jackmoni

New from AB

Howdy neighbour!
  14. jackmoni

Listen to the CBC for music? Pay attention

Maybe it should go the PBS route and see how long it lasts. I don't care to subsidize this outfit while it competes with private networks for ad revenue. Level the playing field. It has its place but it's a bloated organization.:nono:
  15. jackmoni

Focal Owners Thread

I couldn't afford your model so I had to settle for some Chorus v 716's and ran them with my Klipsch sub and HK Citation 16& 17 for a while. Crisp sound.
  16. jackmoni

Foo Fighters Grammy acceptance

Ditto! Haven't watch in years untill this one. Rolled my eyes when Bon Iver pulled out the LIST from his pocket. Glad the music cut him off.
  17. jackmoni

Listen to the CBC for music? Pay attention

The CBC is a 1.1BBBillion $ money pit.
  18. jackmoni

Why Vinyl Sounds Better Than CD, Or Not - NPR Broadcast

I agree. A dac is a must if you don't have "good" cdp.
  19. jackmoni

Why Vinyl Sounds Better Than CD, Or Not - NPR Broadcast

In my understanding aren't cds multiple samples of an analog sound wave?
  20. jackmoni

SANSUI AU 9500 - Mar 1974 - Plant 21-#0584

Mine is about 35yrs. old. Life would be a drag without it except for my wife.
  21. jackmoni

Sansui AU-9500

I've had mine for the last 35yrs. Just cleaned it a couple of times and haven't even recapped it yet! It is lighting up the room as we "speak". They are definitely keepers.
  22. jackmoni

DAC Question?

I live in Calgary and have visited the GF store. Ian and Rachel are top notch and are always great help. I currently have the DAC-09 and find it very versatile because of the two outputs which allows me to use my two hifi systems together and makes for a great sound. The volume control also...
  23. jackmoni

You need a good name to play the blues

Try Duke Monsterboy Washington
  24. jackmoni

Does it really sound better

It' nice to have a rational dialogue instead of a pissing contest. Points well taken.:thmbsp:
  25. jackmoni

Does it really sound better

I realize you didn't mean to disparage all HT receivers but I 've observed that the good ones cost mucho$. My HK avr3600 is advertised as high current and sounds "good" but the next receiver up is $1500 more here in Ca. and I don't know how much better it is. Am I paying for more seldom used...
Back
Top Bottom