Search results

1. G

Best Placement for AR 2A's

I have a basement 750 sf, cement floors, spray foamed/drywall walls. Off the ground? Up on stands, near the wall? Away from wall?
  2. G

Next Best Vintage Speaker

Ok, all IMO, But I'm saying IMO the AR-3A is the best vintage speaker. Having that as a reference/baseline, what is next best or as good? Remember, vintage, and to my taste since I love the AR/Dynaco sound. I need to fill a 30 x 30 room open concept basement.
  3. G

Playing MP3 Audio in Car

Hello, I'm getting my old car on the road again and looking for a way to play my mp3 library. Is there such a thing as an integrated car amp with a disk drive? I already have 4 alpine speakers. Gary
  4. G

AR 3A "Japan Re-Issue"

Has anyone heard of these? https://holthill.com/collections/vintage-audio/products/acoustic-research-ar3a-japan-re-issue-rare-model
  5. G

Klipsch KP-250 PA Speakers 400 Watt USA Heresy

Thoughts? I was thinking of a pair of Heresy's for basement. https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/d/peabody-klipsch-kp-250-pa-speakers-pair/7276515730.html
  6. G

Terminal Question

I have AR 3a's and other wire on connection speakers. Is there a type of connector that I can attach to the speaker that will accept a plug in type for easy swapping? I currently have spades on my wires, but they don't like to stay tight.
  7. G

Mcintosh Advice

Hello, I just upgraded to a MC 2205 and a C28. Questions: 1. I notice there are no feet on the 2205. Is a cab necessary for operation? If so, can I run with the feet off the cab? I'm 1" short of the shelf I had picked out? 2. Any particular grade of patch cables from preamp to amp...
  8. G

Can I attach an amp to an integrated?

Can I feed a MA 5100 into a MC 50 to double the wpc?
  9. G

Swapping my Receivers for Integrated

Don't need any tuner capabilities. Would like to leverage that value for a good integrated. I need to replace 3/4 receivers, So far I picked up a KA-7100 and a McIntosh MA 5100, the big boys are left... Already looking at: Marantz 1250 KA-9100 Yam CA 2010 Any other vintage recommendations...
  10. G

New Stylus Needed

Can anyone identify this cart? I'm trying to get a replacement needle and I don't know which one to buy. The TT is a Thorens TD 160. Gary
  11. G

Shipping from Japan/Europe

Has anyone purchased/shipped units from JP/EU ? I'm leery of tariffs/taxes and exorbitant shipping costs.
  12. G

850-SX sound cutting out

I have a sx-850 that sometimes fails to reach the click when I turn on the power. When this happens, no sound is audible. And when it does click, the sound can play normally for 1/2 hr or so, or 10 minutes, then the sound cuts off. I can turn it off and on, get the click and same thing, 5, 10...
  13. G

SX-850 Side Cabinet Boards

I'm rebuilding my cab on my 850 .Ordered a solid walnut piece, but I would like to know the exact dimensions of the side boards, any help/pics is appreciated. It would be great if you happened to have pics of the cab off the unit.
  14. G

Swapping my 2325 for Marantz Integrated, which one?

Don't need any tuner capabilities. Would like to leverage that value for a good integrated. Are there any amps at 100+ wpc?
  15. G

New to McIntosh

I just recently bought a 5100 from mid 70's. First thing, is the little sound effect when turning on/off normal? Second, I set it up and a/b with my sx850 and ar 2a's. Comparedto the sx, it sounds muffled, that can't be normal. Any thoughts?
  16. G

Fisher 500 T

Just went to plug in this guy after a few sitting and the light in the upper left meter came on, heard a short click and went off, no power. Pulled the without the spring in it, and it's broken, is this why? If so, where can i get a new one?
  17. G

DAC for Apple Airport Streamer

Hello, I have a vintage 2 channel hooked up to an apple airport music streamer with 3.5 out. Looking for DAC suggestions to clean up before sending to receiver with RCA. Gary
  18. G

Is This the Best Time for Music Ever ?

So, after hearing the stock phrase "they don't make music like that anymore" so many times. It dawned on me how good it is right now. 1. Major labels have completely abandoned the "find unique talent, promote them" model. This has left a plethora of smaller labels to this better where the...
  19. G

Audio only Bluetooth Receiver with RCA

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth audio receiver with RCA and digital outputs. I want to be able to stream whatever is played on device, like YT, Music Streamer, to a 2 channel stereo.
  20. G

BEST Female vocalists of all times

Okay, I did say best. No criteria, no genre limitations. But for this thread I'll keep it to demonstrated vocal qualities not stage presence or non-vocal performing ability. Also, I'd like to encourage folks to offer substantive criticism of an artist as well as support/examples. Hopefully...
  21. G

Is Time Passing You By?

Are you of a certain age where at some point about 20-25 years ago you stopped listening to current music? I don't mean aged acts still touring or releasing their 30th album. I mean current bands with kids who don't give a shit cause they're, well, kids, and they want to do it their way. You...
  22. G

Beginning of Pop music

Marion Harris- I ain't got nobody, 1923 This song came on the never ending playlist a minute ago. Got me wondering, does pop music got back farther than this. I mean actual, recordings and an aim to appeal to the general population.
  23. G

Good singers with bad songs

Now this is a shame...did you ever come across a singer with some vocal interes, but bad songs? I'm still waiting to hear a decent song from Sammi Smith, she has a great mellow, voice with a warm lower end.
  24. G

2325 tone control and left channel

Just hooked up my 2325 and I love the warmer sound. But, when I switch the tone control to IN, I lose a lot of the left channel and I also hear a pop when switching back and forth from OUT. Is this normal?
  25. G

Mini Amp Suggestion

Hello, Can anyone suggest a small, decent mini amp for 1 center channel to replace my AVR. This will be for TV sound, no movies, music. My current AVR is used for output from an old Tivo to a bose center channel. I don't use any of the other functions of the AVR. Would love to get the rack...
Back
Top Bottom