Search results

1. T

Sansui A-60 volume problem issue repair

I have a Sansui A-60 integrated amplifier with an odd issue. To get the balance correct I must set the balance potentiometer at the 3 o'clock position. This is a fully recapped unit that has had the issue before and after the recap. Please note the the 250K ohm potentiometer has been removed...
  2. T

SAE XXX Preamp problem

I was given an SAE XXX preamp with a major issue. Someone removed (scavenged) the balance potentiometer while leaving everything else untouched. They must have taken it apart to do so but neatly put the unit back together. I would have been happier if they had disabled the pot altogether. I...
  3. T

SAE Mark XXX Preamp

Anyone had any success connecting an SAE Mark XXX preamp to anything other than an other SAE amp. The back of the SAE XXX only has Main Out RCA's. When I connect to Pre Out s on other amps it just hums loudly. When I connect it to the the inputs on the matching XXXIB it works fine.
  4. T

Covert Heathkit AR1500 to AR1500A

Looking to convert a Heathkit AR1500 to the updated "A" version. I have the opportunity to to get a complete set of good/tested circuit boards from an 'A' version for free and was wondering if I changed every board out would the unit them operate OK as an "A' version?. The plug in terminals are...
  5. T

Heathkit AR1500A Full wave bridge 10A20 shorted

The "full wave" bridge rectifier on my Heathkit AR1500A has shorted and I am looking for an acceptable replacement. The Original Heathkit PN is 57-67 which crosses to a generic 10A20. Assuming the the 10A is 10 amps but the 20 surely can't be 20 volts? (200v maybe?). Is it ok to increase the...
  6. T

Marantz CD6007

Just purchased this unit for my main sound room and sent the older cd5003 upstairs for the main floor system. Although it looks similar that's where the comparisons end. Much smoother and tad more detail and punch than the CD5003 but the big bonus is the newly designed phono amp section. Wow...
  7. T

CD Distortion

Having an issue with distortion (sounds like static) on certain prerecorded CD's. This is going to sound odd but I get brief distortion on specific CD's in exactly the same part of the CD on the left channel only. Two CD's that I get it on are Stacey Kent's Breakfast on the morning Train CD and...
Back
Top Bottom