Search results

1. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Nice! Share some pics! When I emailed Tekton a few weeks ago I was told they are currently not offering the veneer as an option as they are too busy. I would buy them with a walnut veneer.
  2. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

I second this
  3. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Does anyone have or heard the Mini Lores w/ upgrade package?
  4. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Congrats! Is that the Emotiva T-100 you are driving them with? If so, what do you think?
  5. Msas

Anyone install a dedicated electrical circuit for audio system?

I have a dedicated circuit plus I use this isolation transformer that was NOS, don't remember what i paid but it wasn't much. I don't use an expensive power conditioner, just a well made power strip that plugs into the transformer.
  6. Msas

Bi-wire cables from (2) singles?

Using the Audioquest wire I already have on hand is the plan...stacking bananas is a possible option, thanks for the idea
  7. Msas

I was thinking of combining them at the amp as an alternative to (2) separate connections. I've never thought of using two different gauges or styles, that would require some purchasing and further researching on my part, any suggestions? I'm sure I won't hear much of a difference, it's more...
  8. Msas

Haha...I've gotten to the point where I'd prefer to see minimal if any wiring at all.
  9. Msas

Looking to try bi-wiring my speakers (Sonus Faber Venere) and before purchasing some new and potentially expensive cables, I'd like to try using some extra wire I have on hand already. I'm pretty sure it's ok or common to do this but just wanted to double check...can I use two single cables to...
  10. Msas

Sonus Faber Venere 1.5

So picked up a used but restored Krell KAV-300i integrated, and I so far I love it...and so do the Venere's! Synergy, I really think this is a great combo, the Krell seems to really wake up the SF's, almost man handle them with brute force. I'm hearing improvements in all aspects of the music now.
  11. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Anyone need a center channel? My (like new) lore reference center is going up for sale.
  12. Msas

Sonus Faber Venere 1.5

Thanks for the input! I'm happy with the Emotiva's (especially for the prices paid), but am curious about other options and potential to increase the sound quality of these 1.5's. I may see if I can borrow a friends Krell KAV-300i integrated, it's definitely a respectable amp and will no doubt...
  13. Msas

Sonus Faber Venere 1.5

I know this is an old thread and many of you have maybe moved on from the 1.5's, but I'm just wondering what amps people used with them and what seemed to have the best synergy. These speakers are definitely warm, maybe even a bit dark and low sensitivity, seems they would be good with a...
  14. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

I think monitors on stands may take up the same footprint but are usually less imposing...depending on the design of the speakers and the stands of course.
  15. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Ironically I originally wanted white so before I bought them I made paper mockups of white Lores but she said hell no, they look like tuxedos.
  16. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Guys, bad news....the wifey recently got motivated to do some remodeling / redecorating in our living room and expressed how 'obnoxious' she thinks these speakers look. She added some furniture which makes the big satin black boxes even more imposing in the space than they already were. Funny...
  17. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

The other option you could try is to use just the L/R preouts on the Integra and buy the highest quality 2 channel amp you can afford and use that to power your Pendragons while using the amps inside the Integra to run the center channel and surrounds, I did this for a while before completely...
  18. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

The other option is to use a high quality line sensing switcher like the Niles SAS-1, I have one sitting in my workshop that i plan to use at some point but just don't have the room to install it at the moment. It actually works really well and would allow you to use any preamp you like.
  19. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

I can't speak for @HiFiJeff but for a while i was using a Marantz AVR with pre outs and using a high quality external 5 channel amp from B&K. To me the problem was with the AVR, not the amp. The AVR's to me seem to 'get in the way' with too much processing, even in 'direct' mode. My Yamaha...
  20. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Wow congrats man, glad you like them. I love vintage gear but have never heard Accuphase, would love to one of these days. Also, only "3" Tecate ??? I can throw back a 12 pack of Tecate after work before dinner even hits the table! lol
  21. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Excellent! That is absolutely a great multichannel separates system for the money. I use two systems with my Tektons, the 2 channel 'music' system as described above, and a Yamaha Aventage A850 for movie / tv duties. I also have a matching lore reference center channel which as expected, does...
  22. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

Currently using Emotiva PT-100 preamp and A-300 amp (150w @ 8ohms / 300w @ 4ohm). To me they sound slightly towards the warm end of the spectrum or a little less bright than my previous Peachtree integrated. The A-300 offers up way more than enough power and is nicely controlled from low to...
  23. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

I'm sure the M-lore and 'dragons are the same as the Reference in this way, but one thing i really enjoy about them is the low level dynamics. I do a lot of listening at night when wifey is in bed upstairs so volume is kept at a minimum, but i'm constantly surprised at how well they still...
  24. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

I love my Lore reference, please report back on how the Lores sound with those amps
  25. Msas

Tekton Owners Thread

What many don't realize is the 'secret menu' for ordering his speakers. Yup. You can call him up and ask for any speaker and say, "I'll have the ______Double Double Animal Style"
Back
Top Bottom