Search results

1. TomInTacoma

Help ID this cartridge

Just got this into the shop and I can't find any information about it. Anyone of you smart people know what this is?
  2. TomInTacoma

Can we do yet another Grado ID thread?

Trying to ID this odd-ball (to me) Grado cartridge. It's a P-Mount, brown with gold-tone metal underside. There's no front badge showing and the letters "GL" in red lettering on the bottom (on the metal part). The stylus base is also brown plastic and looks to be either yellow or gold dots...
  3. TomInTacoma

Stumbled upon a pair of NS-1000 Monitors

I find that when you stop looking for something - sometimes fate has a way of putting it right in front of you when you least expect it. I was picking up a load of turntable parts machines from a supplier when I spot a pair of boxes in the background. I asked if there really were NS-1000M's in...
  4. TomInTacoma

Help ID this headshell please

I've been trying to identify this headshell and am getting nowhere. Anyone know what it is or where it's from?
  5. TomInTacoma

More inventory arrived!

45 additional donor turntables have been added to inventory since this past Saturday! If you're looking for a specific part - don't hesitate to IM us. What we have listed in the store (link in the signature below) is merely the tip of the iceberg! Tom
  6. TomInTacoma

AK Member Discounts at Vinyl Reclamation!

We at Vinyl Reclamation are super-happy to be here! To celebrate - all AK members will receive 10% off all purchases (simply send us a message through our store mentioning code 'AK2018'). If you don't see what your turntable needs - let us know. We have dozens of donor machines that have not...
  7. TomInTacoma

I've waited 40-years for this grin!

I worked in a stereo shop after high school (early 70's) and built my first of many systems then. It included an Empire 598 Trubador turntable. I absolutely loved that turntable and I will point out there weren't many 18-year olds that owned one. But as obligations of life called for it I sold...
  8. TomInTacoma

Questions Re: Using a P2100 Amp in Mono

Hey guys... I'm going to add a Snell Sub500 to my 2-channel system and want to use a P2100 amp. The owners manual states it "...may be converted to a monaural "super amplifier" with an internal STEREO/MONO switch...." It then goes on to say to bridge across the hot terminals of both...
  9. TomInTacoma

6300 with some issues

Hi folks, I picked up a 6300 over the weekend - had been searching for one for years now and am happy to get it. It's in pretty good condition but there's a few things I'm hoping you might help with: - As I adjust the pitch (on 33rpm), the speed wavers up and downward for a while (10-15...
  10. TomInTacoma

Opening up a Jensen Tri-ette cabinet?

I've owned a few Jensen speakers in the past and have never been able to remove the back board without hearing splintering sounds as I pry. As a result I stopped trying. But along comes a pair of TR-10 'Tri-Ette' in that sound wonderful but need a little work. I would like to recap them and...
  11. TomInTacoma

Pioneer HPM-1500 Crossover Is Dead

Hey folks, I need some help figuring out an issue I have with a Pioneer HPM-1500 crossover. All the drivers work individually when I bypass the crossover and the input lead is fine. Where I need help is figuring out how to test the components on the crossover. Is there a way I can figure...
  12. TomInTacoma

AST-K01 & AST-A10 Combo

<...insert the giggling sound of a little girl here...> I think I just snagged a set of Yamaha Active Servo Technology amp and speakers with the oft-missing speaker-specific cartridge on the local CL. These set-ups are so are danged rare. Last time I saw, or even heard of, these was when I...
  13. TomInTacoma

Another CR-1020 in the house

Just wanted to say that I couldn't help myself when I saw a local listing for a CR1020 on the auction site. So, what am I going to do with two? Well - I'm going to put together a killer system for my music-loving daughter. I'm going to donate the following: - CR-1020 to be the...
  14. TomInTacoma

Self-funded hobby?

I've had the audio bug since I was a teenager and have worked in the industry on-and-off over the years at the retail and vendor levels. But it was only a few years ago that I really started my current addiction to vintage gear. One of the things I've held true to was that the hobby had to be...
  15. TomInTacoma

Enclosure for a Yamaha JA3882 15" driver?

I have a Yamaha JA3882 driver removed from larger Yamaha bass bins that's just sitting around taking up space. I got a sales email from Parts-Express that showed knock-down (DIY) enclosures for woofers that got me thinking I could put that beautiful driver to use in one of those boxes...
  16. TomInTacoma

Looking for info on SP-L700 Speakers

Hi, I picked up a pair of SP-L700 speakers from a local thrift store (...$10, if you have to ask :thmbsp: ) and am looking for some details about them. I've done the search both online and here on AK - the same results over and over. Thought I'd start a thread to collect whatever (if any?)...
  17. TomInTacoma

Today's a Yamaha Kinda Day!

Took delivery today of a Goodwill Seattle/eBay auctioned Yamaha YP-B2 turntable with a Grado cartridge. It was listed as 'parts/repair' stating that it wouldn't turn on - just needs the belt replaced and a new stylus. Also got off the phone with a local. Tomorrow morning I pickup another...
  18. TomInTacoma

Sharing a grin (you know what I'm talkin' about!)

Almost a year's gone by since I found my Carver ALS Silver-edition speakers at a thrift store (for $75! but that's another story). They were in pretty bad shape when I got them. But after replacing all 6 woofers and getting one of the ribbons rebuilt clear on the other side of the country...
  19. TomInTacoma

Adhesive for grill cloth?

I've replaced grill cloth on a few pair of speakers and was satisfied with the overall result. I used Scotch '777' spray adhesive but find that its initial grip wasn't that reliable and would often let go before it dried fully. What have you guys used to glue down grill cloth. Also, if you...
  20. TomInTacoma

Yamaha Subs

I recently got ahold of a Yamaha SW-2 sub that I really like (it kicked my previous KLH sub to the curb!). Got me wondering where, in the Yamaha hierarchy, the SW-2 stacks up. Is there any information available about the line of Yamaha subs; what models, descriptions, anything?
  21. TomInTacoma

Think you have all the Yamaha accessories?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiocubics-remote-volume-control-for-Yamaha-CR-2020-Purpleheart-remote-/190807735159?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c6d06fb77 (no affiliation - just trying to make my fellow Yamaha fans drool!)
  22. TomInTacoma

KX-1060 Belt Swap

I've searched the forum for some help on the best (that'd be the 'easiest') way to swap out the belts on an otherwise pristine KX-1060. Anyone with a service manual or experience doing that that can lend me a few tips?
  23. TomInTacoma

Just Sharin'

I thought I'd share this with my Yamaha bretheren... I picked up an entire vintage set up that included (among other things) a Yamaha YP-B4 turntable. It came from a little old lady moving into an assisted living facility. It was the turntable that made me interested in the ad to begin...
  24. TomInTacoma

Kenwood KX-1060 Cassette Belts?

Anyone know where I can find a set of belts for the KX-1060?
  25. TomInTacoma

Guys in Michigan - check this out!

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/VTG-Yamaha-CR-620-190-Watt-Stereo-Receiver-12174276.html Might be worth bidding on and you can save on shipping costs. No affiliation - just looking out for my fellow Yamaha-lovin' AK buddies!
Back
Top Bottom