Search results

1. 1tumbleweed

Yikes!

And you may ask yourself "Well? How did I get here?"
  2. 1tumbleweed

Mobile Fidelity lawsuit?

Y'all seen this? https://www.strata-gee.com/audiophile-hero-mobile-fidelity-hit-with-multi-million-dollar-class-action-lawsuit/
  3. 1tumbleweed

Denver Vintage Voltage 2022 (finally) in two weeks!

Sunday, March 20th, back at the original location in Northglenn, just north of Denver. Yes? No? Maybe? https://www.danacainevents.com/vintage-voltage-expo.html NOTE: Not shillin' for Dana...just spreadin' the word.
  4. 1tumbleweed

Mystery bird?

Trying for a good identification of this beauty. Not my photo, but it was located in Colorado. My first thoughts were either Sharp-Shinned or Cooper's, but I'm not too convinced of either. Guesses?
  5. 1tumbleweed

kenwood61 follows thru!

Shipped out as specified, great packaging, just as described - and a good deal. I knew I liked them there Oregon folks...
  6. 1tumbleweed

"Mr. BEE" of NAD has passed...

https://www.strata-gee.com/nad-announces-passing-edvardsen/ RIP, Sir, you've given me and many others a legacy of good sound.
  7. 1tumbleweed

Happy Chanukkah, y'all...

Gut yontif.:bye:
  8. 1tumbleweed

Kvelling

...a Yiddish word for feeling happy and proud. Usage: Tonight I'll be kvelling as my 11-year old grandson is a Munchkin in the Wizard Of Oz production at a local high school (no, he's not in high school). But maybe even better: My 15-year old granddaughter is running the sound board!:banana...
  9. 1tumbleweed

"Talisman S" - something fishy?

Sumiko fans, if you have a chance...there's a "Talisman S" newly listed you-know-where that doesn't pass the smell test. First, the badge clearly says "Alchemist S", not Talisman. Secondly, if that's a sapphire cantilever - as it should be - I'll eat it. Looks aluminum to me. Wadda you think...
  10. 1tumbleweed

For your consideration...a classic.

Cheers, Larry B.
  11. 1tumbleweed

Mystery headshell?

I'd like to think I'm pretty good at tracking down and identifying stuff, but this one's got me foxed. It's not exactly like any other headshell I've seen. Sort of like a standard after-market SME-style, but with the connector offset. Also, the connections at the back are in a diamond shape, not...
  12. 1tumbleweed

For Texas...

One of my favorites. Cheers, Larry B.
  13. 1tumbleweed

Jenkster is a great AKer

Got a little switch box from Mark for just the cost of postage, and he threw in two other little ones besides. Great packaging, fast ship - just an all-round good AKer. Cheers, Larry B.
  14. 1tumbleweed

Another Vintage Voltage...again?

Looks like Dana's gonna try again with a fall show, this time south of Denver at The Wildlife Experience off Lincoln Avenue and I25. Do we care? Might be of benefit to folks down south-ish? Cheers, Larry B.
  15. 1tumbleweed

Onkyo and Gibson, the other shoe drops

Guess this means Onkyo's days as an independent company are over. Well, at least they didn't get bought by China... https://www.strata-gee.com/gibson-brands-control-onkyo/ Cheers, Larry B.
  16. 1tumbleweed

Roger W. vs David G.

Doesn't matter which side you're on, I saw this and it made me laugh - from Roger's current tour: "If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike". Cheers, Larry B.
  17. 1tumbleweed

A modest suggestion

(With apologies to Jonathan Swift) Dear Mods, It is perhaps necessary to increase the font size on the banner, where it says "All Audio, No Attitude". It appears from several recent posts that folks aren't getting the message. My perception is that there's a considerable increase in snarky...
  18. 1tumbleweed

End of an era for Dual enthusiasts?

It appears that the very useful "Dual-reference" site is gone! I know this has happened a few times, but it looks like it's really kaput this time. Still accessible through "archive" means, but what a shame. It was a very useful site for those of us who are still caring for our "real" (Gebruder...
  19. 1tumbleweed

Sometimes the Internet is just creepy

And sometimes it's just weird. So a short time ago, I posted in a thread about turntables, and mentioned that "low bearing friction" was a good thing to have in an arm. Next thing I know, the banner ad at the top of the page is hyping me on a "slewing bearing manufacturer". Hmmmm... I never...
  20. 1tumbleweed

Radio Shack bankrupt....again?

Groundhog Day anyone? (The movie, that is) https://www.strata-gee.com/radio-shacks-2nd-bankruptcy-2-years-era-gadget/ Cheers, Larry B.
  21. 1tumbleweed

Sign of the times, Part Deux

Seems like more and more "brands" are coming under the purview of one owner. Shades of Harman International? https://www.strata-gee.com/dm-group-sold-one-pe-company-another/ Cheers, Larry B.
  22. 1tumbleweed

Sign of the times?

I don't know how much y'all care about industry insider stuff, but I thought this was interesting, me being a big Onkyo/Integra fanboy. This was dropped into my Inbox today: "This week we learned that Onkyo and Integra products would now be sold through AVAD, a distributor of custom integration...
  23. 1tumbleweed

Dual TKS55e you-know-where

Just a heads-up for anyone looking at the current auction for the above cartridge: Despite the claim that it's "in good condition", the locking tabs both appear to be broken. I've seen this several times, and this cart will not lock in properly in a ULM head. The same seller also has a Technics...
  24. 1tumbleweed

Neutrik/REAN NYS373?

Anyone with experience using this specific connector? Picked up a roll of Belden 1505A and I'm planning on making a bunch of interconnects. I'm drawn to this particular connector because: 1. They can be soldered. I don't like crimping, and I'm reasonably good at soldering. 2. They're black...
  25. 1tumbleweed

Nice purchase from bashman!

LP in super nice condition, packed well, decent price. A+! Cheers, Larry B.
Back
Top Bottom