Search results

1. S

Estate sale AR-3

If re selling don’t strip paint just leave white. If keeping, consider just buying peel n stick veneer and just install veneer over white paint.
  2. S

Estate sale AR-3

100% yes
  3. S

ID these tube amps or transformers

Thanks for replys. I’ll get more pics soon. I thought the round transformer could be rca and the transformers on left could be western electric. But I will soon confirm.
  4. S

ID these tube amps or transformers

There are two. Sorry for bad pic just haven’t got them out of car yet. They are heavy so i just lifted the one on left up out of car a little.
  5. S

Speaker ID

my guess is 1950s Phillips? My friend found them in his grandparents basement.
  6. S

What is this? Tube with Jensen G610 pot?

The Jensen pot is from 1950’s I believe. That’s why I didn’t think it was for early Jensen Q field coil speakers.
  7. S

Close up of inside metal box
  8. S

I’m guessing a type of ham radio due to the antenna connections? Or maybe a power supply. Uses one 5U4G tube.
  9. S

Newcombe Hawley concert grand reproducer 1920s.

I think the horn is made of paper fabric layers. Nice.
  10. S

Can vintage JBL cap drift this far?

Yes measured out of circuit
  11. S

Can vintage JBL cap drift this far?

Recapping JBL monitors. Original cap values 14uf & 3uf. Is it possible for 3uf to drift up to 14uf over 40 years? Seems if it drifted it would go down in value.
  12. S

JBL 4310 control monitors

it’s been said that first 4310 versions didn’t use a crossover, but I think first very early version used crossover, only the early crossover did not have a model number.
  13. S

My JBL 4430 for his L65 Jubal - Should I trade?

Wow thanks for all replies. Why is it that L65 value is about the same as 4430 if they don’t compare sound wise?
  14. S

My JBL 4430 for his L65 Jubal - Should I trade?

I have original pair of 4430 overall ok condition. I have someone locally offering pair of L65 in pretty good shape. Should I trade and equal value?
  15. S

Altec 19s , need restored

Post #9 first pic- all you have to do is run a wire from top 2 rivet lug posts and a separate wire ran from bottom 2 rivet lug posts to fix ground issue?
  16. S

Help with a decision 604b - L250

Sounds like you may like a later style speaker than 604s if bass is used with them. 604 for certain types of music and 250 handle rock better
  17. S

CATMANBOO is the man

I needed a specific knob for resto project. Catman sent me knob cost free and was perfect match. Thanks man.
  18. S

What happened to soundspeakerrepair?

Did they close? They were best repair shop I know of.
  19. S

Jensen triplex tp-200 value?

All components not correct parts.
  20. S

JBL Olympus C50 - real or fake?

Heavily modified
  21. S

Any ideas on what these speakers are?

Jbl d131 and 131a
  22. S

JBL 4435 value

3500 -4K
  23. S

Altec 604?????

Amp is a dynaco st70
  24. S

Altec 604?????

The 604 & 604b used larger horn than all other later models (c,d,e,605 etc). and 605 used accordian surround so it’s not a 605
Back
Top Bottom