Search results

1. Flaminroids

Marantz 2235B sorta works....

I cleaned it and a few things improved. No static in the knobs (obviously because de-oxit is magic). FM still doesn't work and only the phono and tape works. It appears that somebody has spilled a drink in it because there is what appears to be soda syrup pooled on the bottom. Needless to say...
  2. Flaminroids

Marantz 2235B sorta works....

I've recently acquired a Marantz 2285B from a friend who bought out a storage unit and brought me this unit to check out. It looked rough and doesn't seem to work at all. When it powers up, only the phono 2 indicator light up and nothing seems to play. Anyhow, I can get it to play when I hook up...
  3. Flaminroids

Pioneer CS-88A speakers snagged from thrift store

I grabbed all four. At this particular thrift store, stuff like this isn't really appreciated. I saw a set of Mach One's (I didn't buy because the cabinets were really really bad) and they sat for weeks and accumulated holes in the caps and cones from people jamming their fingers in them. I have...
  4. Flaminroids

Hehe, the trick is a secret because it doesn't work most of the time and I would hate for people to ruin their woofers. The caps on these were pretty thick and heavy so it worked out in this case. The process isn't much different than getting wrinkles out of a shirt, you just have to be very...
  5. Flaminroids

Dcm tf700 vs dcm tf1000

The only difference I've noticed about DCM speakers of that era is that they all have the same sound, the bigger ones just have more of it. I have TF600's and TF v.10 along with CX-27's and I couldn't tell you that there is a huge difference, I think they all use the same drivers.
  6. Flaminroids

"what did you do to pop the dust cap back out on the one speaker? You did a good job!" I used a vacuum cleaner and heavy construction paper rolled up into a cone. The trick is to use a really crappy vacuum, a shop vac will pull that dust cap right off. Only one speaker had a crushed dust cap...
  7. Flaminroids

I was making a donation on a Saturday and I saw some old lattice grilled speakers sitting on a cart. I went and checked them out and they turned out to be four Pioneer CS-88A's. I knew they would be out Monday morning (the store is church ran and closed on Sunday) so I decided to make sure I was...
  8. Flaminroids

DCM Speaker ID needed please. I'm leaving this up to you pros

They look just like my Timeframe v.10.0 speakers. You won't ever see anything look those again.
  9. Flaminroids

Realistic Nova Speakers

One thing to keep in mind; they are fantastic speakers, but won't hold a candle to high end. In my opinion, the Nova 8b's are by far the best speaker Realistic ever made. With that being said, I've owned two immaculate pairs and sold both of them promptly to buy other speakers. Great looking...
  10. Flaminroids

Speaker match for my receiver?

Polk monitor 10's.
  11. Flaminroids

JBL speakers are they really that good?

It's hard to explain the fascination with JBL speakers. I bought a set of 4311B's for $13 at a thrift store and sold them for $400. I regretted that decision everyday until my friend found a set of 4311A's and gave them to me for $10 (He's a really good friend obviously). Anyhow, I never listen...
  12. Flaminroids

Sansui Addiction....is it for life?

That is exactly how I got started. My first Sansui was a 2000A and then I moved on to an 8080DB. I deeply regret selling my 2000A, but I bought the 8080DB with the money. I've never done heroine, but I would imagine it is just like listening to a Sansui. AS far as speaker pairing goes, I...
  13. Flaminroids

Details only heard on your best speakers

What had me sold on my DCM timeframes, was the speaker's ability to throw different sounds in different parts of the room. Most notably, my New Order/Joy Division albums. Even though they are on vinyl and I am using a Sansui 8080DB, it's almost like a simulated 5.1 channel sound coming from two...
  14. Flaminroids

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Of all the speakers I have owned, the undisputed favorite are my DCM Timeframes. Here are some honorable mentions: JBL 4311B Pioneer CS-A31 Cerwin-Vega AT-12 Realistic Nova 8B DCM CX-27
  15. Flaminroids

What unknown speakers do you have that have you grinning?

Even though the DCM Timeframe speakers are pretty well known, I found these TF v.10.0 speakers for $100. I can't find any info on them and they don't seem too familiar with the peeps on audiokarma either. Anyhow, they sound AMAZING!
  16. Flaminroids

DCM Timeframe v.10.0

The socks are stapled on, but I can see the speakers through them. The mid/tweeter on the front does look the ones on the CX series, but the woofer has "DCM loudspeaker" printed on them.
  17. Flaminroids

KLH 5 Restoration Complete many photos

I have a set of Model Fours and, even though they are in fantastic physical condition, only the woofer works on one of them. They are a bigger pain to work on unfortunately, but I'll eventually get around to it. Great job by the way!
  18. Flaminroids

Are Pioneer HPM-100 speakers concidered high end?

" I would hate to sell, because their quality is more than apparent, but do I listen to them? No." I felt the same way about my JBL 4311B's. Fantastic speaker, but I just didn't enjoy listening to them.
  19. Flaminroids

Are Pioneer HPM-100 speakers concidered high end?

Although the HPM-100 is one of Pioneer's better speakers, they are more like the Realistic Mach One and the CS-A31 is my personal Pioneer favorite. Good speakers if you can get them cheap and just want to make some noise in my opinion.
  20. Flaminroids

DCM Timeframe v.10.0

Yeah, I think I scored on these ones. The guy had numerous DCM speakers (and very fine specimens I might add) and I was blown away at the size and sound of these Timeframes. He had some TF-600's I was also tempted by, but these seemed like a no-brainer. They do have some minor (very minor)...
  21. Flaminroids

DCM Timeframe v.10.0

I just have my camera phone now and it is horrible so here is the best I could do: The labels on the back say they were made in Ann Arbor.
  22. Flaminroids

DCM Timeframe v.10.0

Well, I wanted a set of timeframes for a while and these gigantic speakers turned up locally for $100. They were in good shape and all of the speakers worked, and I am enjoying them so far (need a DAC), but I can't find any info whatsoever on these. I bought them (and I love them so far), but...
  23. Flaminroids

A better way to connect PC/ipod

I'm using the PC. The same channel keeps dropping on a different receiver. It sounded great at first, but then again, it sounded fine 90% of the time on my Sansui.
  24. Flaminroids

A better way to connect PC/ipod

Now the same channel is dropping on the Toshiba. I'm using a different cable too......
  25. Flaminroids

8080 DB LED Lights

Bright white is a neutral "white" light. The cold blue comes from either Natural Daylight or Daylight which is anywhere above 4100K.
Back
Top Bottom