Search results

1. golden-age

Anyone here know about Ambiophonics?

Ok,but what's the big difference beside placement? Of course my setup of 4 identical speakers is not cheap speaker and amplifier.... i run 4 high end speakers on a high end power amplifier... then to tube preamp then to tube phono than to my turntable... to me it is 3d right now...
  2. golden-age

Anyone here know about Ambiophonics?

I've been listening to 4 identical speakers on a stereo amplifer (from A and B) since last year. I place them to receive all the soundstage to my listening position (2 front and two rear equally spaced.),it's like listening to music through headphone but with the space and echo of a room...
  3. golden-age

What's your latest audio purchase?

New AKAI 4000DS reel to reel player (need work but look good). I got myself two new acrylic headphone stands. And finally i picked up this new DMX gold vinyl to add to the collection. Look very good on my Technics and sound very good. :music: cheers, yan.
  4. golden-age

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

you should consider the Denon DL-110. can't go wrong with the shure m97xe... but i prefer the DL-110. good luck!
  5. golden-age

best new production 12ax7?

In my Yaqin ms-23b, i run a matched pair of siemens/philips SQ ecc83 from the 50's. They sound just too perfect in my system and to my ears... and i try those new tubes and swap them from time to time: -jj's ecc803's -sovtek 12ax7wa Im new to tubes so my experience is very limited to...
  6. golden-age

What's your latest audio purchase?

hi, I just received my first two tubes components this week and I can't be more happy with my purchase!!! 1-hifiman ef2a amp/headphone amp/dac with Mullard ef95 1950's matched tubes in it (sound amazing). 2-yaqin ms23b Phono preamp with power cord upgraded to a bis audio. Siemens/Philips SQ...
  7. golden-age

hi, congrats for your new sl-1200. for a really cheap but really good phono preamp i suggest tcc-750lc from phonopreamp. about 100$ tx in. and the shure m97xe is a really good cart for the price... you can look in audio-technica at-95e too. enjoy! :thmbsp:
  8. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

hi, congrats for your new dl-110!! The major issue with cartridge in general,is matching the right cartridge to the right arm and the right turntable. A Denon dl-110 can sound very different from a setup to another. Again doing some homework and calculate compliance and resonance is gonna give...
  9. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

good to know... ill stick with my dl-110 and my shure m97xe until i found something better:thmbsp:
  10. golden-age

:thmbsp: good post!!
  11. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

how you like the 2 m blue? i read good reviews on the 2 m series.
  12. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

i know...:thmbsp: i was experiencing the same thing with stock technics headshell on my 1200. than i read about adding more mass for the dl-110 as the compliance was higher then the specs telling. it made a huge difference for me as far as accuracy.
  13. golden-age

yes they are...mostly dj type carts.
  14. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

funny....i do the exact same thing:D
  15. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

I think it depends on which arm and headshell you installed that cartridge... I found that on the low mass arm and headshell combo the Denon dl-110 sound bass heavy and unrealistic. but on mid to hi mass arm and headshell combo it all balanced and focus the soundstage. I'm currently using a...
  16. golden-age

Denon Afficionados?

2!!!now that's power!!!nice:music:
  17. golden-age

Denon Afficionados?

-turntable-DP-40F -Cartridge-DL-110 -Cd Player-DCD-970 -Receiver/preamp:PMA-2000ivr -Phono preamp:pra-1100 -Power amplifier:POA-2200 -Speaker: 4X JBL S310v1 with l-100 modified cross-over. Everything is in mint condition and i will keep this forever:D
  18. golden-age

Report on Denon DL 110

The Denon dl-110 is by far the best bang for your buck on the market... I have one installed on my sl-1200 and one installed on my Denon dp-40 f and they both sound fantastic! The only cartridge that can compare in this price range is the A-T 440ml. But the A-T is a lot brighter than the...
  19. golden-age

Noob ? about carts

My vote go to the Denon dl-110 or if you can find one,the dl-160. the denon dl-110 goes for 179.99$ (canadian) the denon dl-160 is discontinued but still theres some left on flebay. those are high output moving coil and sound pretty good when match to the right arm and headshell. the...
  20. golden-age

yeah me too! i buy them just for the look sometime:D. But this one is a good soul album from the 60's.Otis Redding sing soul blue vinyl....Just a fantastic album!
  21. golden-age

:thmbsp: thank you!
  22. golden-age

count me in!
  23. golden-age

What TT's do you folks have

NICE setup highwaychild!:thmbsp:
  24. golden-age

Good morning from Montreal,Canada:music:!! -custom Technics sl-1200 mk2 -Denon DP-40 F Quartz, direct-drive, fully automatic ,touch sensor button. (i really love this Denon table...:rockon:
  25. golden-age

hi everybody this is my pride and joy:music:!!! A custom Technics sl-1200 mk2 with 80% of it restored with brand new factory parts.(The rest was in perfect condition.) and cartridge wise, i have a Denon dl-110 on a custom 11 g headshell and a Shure m97xe on a custom 5 gram headshell...
Back
Top Bottom