Search results

1. Dazaa

What would you do with these cabinets?

Pretty sure these once housed some very nice 15” Tannoys. What would you load these with?
  2. Dazaa

Speaker ID, an interesting one

Anyone know what these might be?
  3. Dazaa

Speaker ID for fun

These are waiting for me at the recyclers, can anyone figure out what they are? I'm guessing british, stands indicate they're decent quality
  4. Dazaa

Nakamichi 680zx no hf?

Playing with a 680zx and everything works fine but the sound has no HF, no distortion or anything, bass seems a bit heavy when compared with a working Dragon. It's like theres something covering the tweeters, can still hear tape hiss but all music sounds crap. Could it be a calibration...
  5. Dazaa

80's EV PA drivers, any value as Hifi units?

Long story short been offered 2 PA boxes containing EV drivers, forgot to take a picture but theres a 15", large horn and a smaller super tweeter, they were made by a small pro audio shop in the 80's here in the UK. I didn't get a chance to pull the drivers and check model numbers but were any...
  6. Dazaa

So I need a crate motor and trans....

350 and a TH400 for my 71 vette restomod. Going against the conventional LS swap route and keeping it closer to it's roots tho it's got Sniper EFI and Dakota Digital gauges. Where do I even begin, theres so many different 350's out there with similar hp ratings and prices all over the place. I...
  7. Dazaa

Speaker / driver ID very unique cabinets

Left these at the recycler today. There was a matching 18" sub in a massive enclosure. Assuming homemade but well done. Do the drivers look like anything special? Tweeter is plastic.
  8. Dazaa

GM 12 Bolt rear end, pozi or not?

I want to change the diff oil in my 79 k10, keep reading about pozi additive. How do I know if I need the additive or not? Will regular 80w90 gear oil do the trick?
  9. Dazaa

Unknown tonearm ID

Just found this thrown in the metal skip at the recyclers, its old and heavy, SME headshell, what is it? Hi l
  10. Dazaa

Bought myself a square body chevy

Quite possibly the only one in London, and for good reason, this thing is HUGE. New crate 350 with 4k miles on it, drove it 90 miles home with no issues. 4 speed with the 4wd transfer case, 2 inch lift, 35" tires. Really is the definition of a Chelsea tractor.
  11. Dazaa

Pc2002M stuck in protection

Got this today and its stuck in protection. All the meter lamps illuminate so it can’t have seen much use. I read that these have the conductive glue but can’t see any on mine. Do they have any other known issues?
  12. Dazaa

Sometimes I just wonder what is wrong with some people?

If you want a laugh, check out this nut jobs ebay listings. Specifically his adverts for custom veneering services and examples of his work. I asked for a close up picture of the veneer on the Yamaha GT750 turntable and he replied with "sorry not possible" You honestly can't make this up...
  13. Dazaa

Speaker ID needed urgently

anyone know what these are? Cabinets are insanely heavy, like 50kg each, i dont think the drivers are original but they are all cast aluminium. Maybe old lockwood tannoy cabs? Metal badge on rear stating left and right
  14. Dazaa

Bought my 17th motorcycle today and I don't even have a license

Everyone knows I have some crazy audio scores from my recycling places, but I never mention the non audio stuff that I rescue. Today it was motorbike number 17, Honda Magna V65, I seem to be a magnet for USA market stuff, found the panniers full of paperwork and all the import documents. Owner...
  15. Dazaa

Anyone own or heard a Nakamichi Dragon CT Turntable?

I'm intrigued by the Dragon CT and love how it looks. Has anyone heard one? Are they as good as the asking prices suggest?
  16. Dazaa

Help identifying this test gear/HAM radio stuff?

Does anyone know what these things are? Cossor preamplifier, Marconi signal generator perhaps? And the last two are clearly home made but look very interesting...
  17. Dazaa

The Vintage Knob - Whats happened?

Just tried to access a page on TVK and it redirects back to google, does anyone know what has happened? I remember reading something about the owners basically giving up on it a few months back but can't remember for sure. There is far too much good info on there for it to be lost.
  18. Dazaa

Nak recycling score

Saved these yesterday. The 680 has been on my want list for years as I pulled one out of the metal bin when I was 16 and later gave it away thinking i’d never want a tape deck, a Dragon is something I never thought i’d own. For some reason the case screws were all missing, thankfully they...
  19. Dazaa

Audio Research D250 - What have I just bought?

Anyone who has seen my NRG saga thread knows i'm a sucker for big amps, and an AR D250 just turned up untested so I decided to take a punt. All I know is that it powers on, looks like the seller got it from a recycling or house clearance source. Seems like it cost 6500 in the 90's and is one...
  20. Dazaa

Very interesting use of 4 reel to reels

Just saw this on youtube, very cool. Great music too.
  21. Dazaa

Anyone recognise these British speakers? t27 b200 drivers

Very rare that anything british stumps me but i’m clueless as to what I just bought! T27 tweeters B200 bass drivers, heavy cabinets could possibly be 1/4 wave design but was too cold to open and check. They are much taller and heavier than Tangent TM1’s
  22. Dazaa

My Audio Journey (very long)

It's no secret that buy and sell a lot of hifi gear, hell i'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single person in London who gets as much gear as regularly as I do. I started young, at the age of 14 I found a bunch of records at the local dump and really wanted a record player, a few weeks...
  23. Dazaa

Altec 1595’s - potential recycling score, tell me more

Long story short im trying to finalise a deal on what I think is 3 Altec 1569 mono amps and an AES-3 preamp which looks to be missing its tubes. Im in the uk so will need a stepdown as I assume its all 110v. They have come from a recycling source but the amps look really well packed, the gold...
  24. Dazaa

Thoughts on how to finish this plinth?

I just bought this plinth for my Sony TTS3000, the factory plinth is typical of the 60’s very lightweight and not particularly well made. This one weighs 20KG (44lb) and appears to be mdf layered with a thick slab of slate. I’m thinking it’s deserving of some exotic real wood veneer, any...
  25. Dazaa

If you like 70's Japanese electronics....

Then check out this interesting video, focuses on computers but an interesting insight in to just how incredible the Japanese electronic market was then and continues today.
Back
Top Bottom