Search results

1. rudedogg

Hickock 539c question line voltage meter question:

Hey all. I just recapped & tuned up my old 539c tube tester. I then compared it to a reference restoration by “Hickock Meters” and it is quite inline with that example. I do have one issue. My line voltage meter reads high by a few volts, i can easily compensate for this by simply calibrating...
  2. rudedogg

KLH model one value

Any idea what a decent set of ancient KLH model one with non Janszen tweeter array might be worth?
  3. rudedogg

Kenwood 700c power supply pots?

Hey all. I just finished a recap/slight restoration of a Kenwood 700c preamp. Finding a decent service manual online is proving difficult. So my question is: What am i looking for with the two pots on the supply board? And where are the test points for the same? Thanks in advance for any information
  4. rudedogg

Sansui selector shaft “walking” back.

Hey all, here is my solution to the issue of the selector shafts loosening up in receivers, this being my G22k pre section. I drilled a tiny hole near the rear inside metal plate. Then inserted a matching tiny cotter pin. This ought to outlast me at least! Lol
  5. rudedogg

Just to be silly…..

Running the pre/tuner of my Sansui G22k with my ST-70. I stuck it in my rack that way just to be funny!
  6. rudedogg

G-22000 protection lamp when not using it’s own amp

Hey all. I recently finished the restoration of my G-22k “preceiver” section. I am going to do the power amp next. Trouble is, i am listening to the tuner with my Yamaha PC4002M amp. The sound is just incredible! Of course this also causes the protection lamp to flash constantly. Is there a way...
  7. rudedogg

Sansui G-22k tuner recap?

Hey all. I am considering replacing the E-caps in my G-22,000 tuner board. Am i crazy for thinking this is a good idea? I have already done a full resto on the preamp section, and figure i would just do the aging ‘lytics thinking it “should” not compromise alignment. I will use UKL and Wima for...
  8. rudedogg

PC-4002m meter lamps

Hey all, is it OK for me to simply swap out the 8 incandescent lamps for some LEDs in the meter illumination of this amp? I have one bad lamp. They are fed from a dedicated 12v tap of the transformer. I figure some LEDs that are made for AC, 8v may work. But will the current be an issue or no...
  9. rudedogg

McIntosh MX-110z very low phono output

Hey all. A friend brought me a nice Mc MX110z he wishes to have recapped/restored. I spent some hours testing tubes, and bringing it to life on a variac/DBT combo. It went pretty well. I only went to 100vac in, at which point the pre and FM sections performed very well. The phono section however...
  10. rudedogg

Kenwood M2 Basic dead meters

Hey all. I have a friends M2 (non “A”) amp on my bench. It had a vented cap and two bad diodes on the power supply board. After replacing the obviously failed parts, the amp is working well, and voltages are within spec… except the meters are not illuminating at all. There is an opamp and a...
  11. rudedogg

Fisher SA-300 find… very nice sound!

So i picked this Fisher amp up yesterday from a good friend, after asking about it here in the Dollars and Sense forum. I really tried NOT to buy another old piece of audio gear… but he messaged me daily to “come get it” and wore me down, lol. It is recapped and retubed, some other updates as...
  12. rudedogg

Fisher SA-300 value

Hey all. I have a chance to pick up a nicely restored Fisher SA-300 amp. I have looked for value by searching Ebay sold prices, along with other forums. I do see examples for sale, but no recent sales to compare actual retail pricing with what i should expect to pay. I can get the amp for $1200...
  13. rudedogg

Tube mono block turn off “thud”

Hey all. I have a pair of Aronov mono tube amplifiers. Today i removed the two incandescent reed bulbs from the pilot lamp assembly in one amp and installed one LED fuse style lamp. It went well enough. However, when finished, i tested the amp and around 10 seconds after power down i get a...
  14. rudedogg

Dynaco solid state bundle?

Hey all. I had a gentleman i have never met cold call yesterday, saying a friend gave him my number. He asked if i wanted to purchase a few pieces of Dynaco gear that had been sitting in an abandoned home. There is an SE-10 EQ, a PAT-5, PAT-5bi-fet, a Stereo 400, a Stereo 416, and maybe a tuner...
  15. rudedogg

Pioneer Spec 1 recap question

Hey all. I am recapping a Pioneer Spec 1 preamp, and i have a question for the experts. I read thru the forums here, followed a BOM from the Spec 1 restoration thread, with MTF input also. Sooo i believe the two power supply caps i circled in the “stolen pic” go from 470uf stock value, to 1000uf...
  16. rudedogg

Restored Fisher 500c questions

Hey all, i recently completely recapped and modded a 500c with parts from Hayseed (filter caps and bias caps) and Jim Mcshane. After restoration, the Fisher works well and sounds pretty good! However, i have 274ohm screen resistors as supplied by McShane as opposed to the 100 ohm everyone else...
  17. rudedogg

Fisher 500c switches

Is there a source for the front slide switches for Fisher tube units? I have a 500c i finished up recapping/restoring electrically for a friend, and it has a broken off MPX Filter switch. I do have a useable brown replacement to install in a pinch, but it will be 1/8” shorter than the factory...
  18. rudedogg

Fisher 500c selenium rectifier twins???

Hey all, a i am currently recapping a Fisher 500c, i have a new bridge to install. But is this normal??? Looks like “twin”rectifiers in this receiver…
  19. rudedogg

Sansui G-5000 voltages.

Hey All. I have a broken G-5000 receiver on my basement bench. It failed a DBT, so i checked a few things inside and found a shorted diode. Replaced it with a close match, and it passes the DBT, no longer pops a 1A fuse… but still no lights, “click”, or sound. I am getting some decent looking...
  20. rudedogg

Tara Labs Passage “Space & Time" hybrid amp

Hey all, i have a Tara Labs “Space & Time” hybrid amplifier at home that works, kinda.. it distorts awfully early. The driver section consists of 4 12ax7 tubes, and the output devices are mosfet transistors resulting in an advertised 100wpc. I tested the four tubes, and replaced two weaker ones...
  21. rudedogg

Pioneer SA-9800 pilot lamp question

Hey all. I have a friends SA-9800 amp here at my home. He asked me to replace a few parts, one being the burned out pilot lamp. Soooo i have a correct LED to install, but upon checking voltages at the two PS (14 & 16) pins that supply the lamp, i see 50+ vdc instead of the lamps rated 8! What is...
  22. rudedogg

Pioneer RG-2 processor issue

Hey all, a friend brought me an inoperable RG-2 processor to fix, along with the switches needed to do the job. I swapped in the new parts, and it works well, sort of! It has an annoying “POP” when the processor switch is engaged and dis-engaged. I figured maybe a cap was leaking DC, so i...
  23. rudedogg

Pioneer SA-9800 volume control question

Hey all, a friend brought over a Pioneer SA-9800 amp to look at. It has some 120hz noise from the preamp section, but also the volume pot is worn, more so than a Deoxit treatment may fix. I see the pots come for sale occasionally as salvaged parts, pricey but available. Is the OEM part supposed...
  24. rudedogg

Counterpoint SA-1000 Zener diodes

Hey all, i have a Counterpoint SA-1000 tube/hybrid preamp i am working on. I made a misstep however, there are 4 zener diodes used for dropping voltage, which test shorted in circuit. Soooo i removed them, and they are indeed shorted I failed to realize there are 3 DIFFERENT types! Ugh! I pulled...
  25. rudedogg

Strange ST-70 driver/cap board

Hey all, i was offered a “modded” ST-70 amp to fix up as a gift. It has some weird stuff going on, but i want to save the poor thing.. first is that combination driver/cap board. Anyone here seen that design before?? You gotta love the “damping” matierial (caulk?) lol! The amp powers up, 20...
Back
Top Bottom