Search results

1. BruceRPA

Did Pioneer make vintage Realistic Receivers?

Here is the list of who made what for Radio Shack. The list was created over a several year period of extensive research by Ed Hanlon. Ed used credible verifiable UL and other manufacturers registration numbers to compile the list. Now that Bernie Appel has passed, I believe that Ed is the...
  2. BruceRPA

Happy Birthday BruceRPA!

Thank you all for the kind birthday wishes. For some reason I feared that passing the threshold into my 70s would be more traumatic than it was. It was actually quiet and uneventful. Maybe that is a good thing… I do need to make it a point to visit AK more often than I have. I have a lot of...
  3. BruceRPA

AK Retiree Club

Well, I guess that it is about time that I put my application in to the AK retiree Club. It has been about two months now. Its exhausting, but I think I am going to stay with it for a while.
  4. BruceRPA

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Agreed. We have been down that road too many times. Bad form on the forum is bad for the forum.
  5. BruceRPA

Well, I AIN'T new, but...I'm back.....

It’s good to see you back in the saddle again Sandy!
  6. BruceRPA

Good point. :thumbsup:
  7. BruceRPA

Writing in the language and format of a text message. And worse yet, speaking in the language and format of a text message. Advancements in technology has not been kind to those that embrace texting as their only means of communicating with others.
  8. BruceRPA

EL34 vs. 6L6GC vs. 7591 ? Truth - Who's Best !

Ohhhhhh, do tell!
  9. BruceRPA

. I agree, and I am happy to see that you did not say that something needs done! ACK!
  10. BruceRPA

Radio Shack Mach One Speaker Rebuild & Optimus T-200 Rebuild ??

And yes, there are several on the T200s. The T200s were the first speakers that I rebuilt. It was very easy to do using the Parts Express Kits. I bought them new and rebuilt them about five years ago. They get used almost daily, now in my shop.
  11. BruceRPA

California Health Insurance Heads Up

Damn! The numbers that you guys are talking about sound more like mortgage payments than affordable health care plans. My adult daughter is trapped in a similar situation as you are Sam. It broke my heart (and really pissed me off!) to hear her tell me that she could not afford to go to the...
  12. BruceRPA

I am certain that it has been mentioned before but it is that time of year again. People that dont bother to clear the frost or snow from their windshield, windows, headlights and tail lights. It happeened this morning as I was heading out to work. I recognize the minivan from being around...
  13. BruceRPA

Those relentless jerks call me several times a day on my call phone! They spoof a different caller ID number each time. It’s a scam one way or another.
  14. BruceRPA

. I insist that my headlights (and tail lights) are kept clear and clean. I hit a deer about five years ago. One headlight assembly was replaced as part of the collision repair. I didn’t realize it until several years later that the body shop must have used an after market headlight assembly...
  15. BruceRPA

Irregardless (= with regard to)
  16. BruceRPA

Surly people. Even on their good days, surly people that are skilled at dragging everyone else around them down don’t leave much to laugh about, so maybe my peeve doesn’t qualify for this thread.
  17. BruceRPA

More sad news, AK member dshoaf had passed away

I’ll second that Bob. Rest In Peace David.
  18. BruceRPA

And Jedi, I believe that so much of the recent developments in technology are actually biting us in the butt because technology is advancing far faster than we are capable of handling it properly. Smart technology in cars is leading us down the path of using the technology as a crutch rather...
  19. BruceRPA

Now there is a pet peeve! Unless, of course, you happen to enjoy a good Lemmon Pine popsicle.
  20. BruceRPA

People that believe that they are entitled to anything that they didn’t earn, bad parenting, and the lack of common courtesy and consideration are all way beyond the scope of this thread. It is supposed to be about pet peeves and having a good laugh. Those topics are way beyond being just a...
  21. BruceRPA

The result of making cars smarter is that it is making drivers dumber — and less aware and less responsible. (Or so they think). I say that we have a Darwin thing going on right before our eyes and we are not putting ourselves in a good position to be on the winning side of this one too.
  22. BruceRPA

Idiots that use the designated center turning lane for merging INTO traffic, not for left turns as the lane is intended. The chaos that results from their selfish behavior puts everyone else at risk.
  23. BruceRPA

Now that we have had our first signifigant snow fall of the season, my annual recurring pet peeve theme is people that are completely clueless, lazy, and unprepared for driving when there is any amount of snow, or even the potential of snow, on the roads. To those folks, take the bus, please...
  24. BruceRPA

It's Thanksgiving and you know what that means, don't you?

Thanksgiving wouldn’t be quite the same without Alice’s Restaurant and The Great Turkey Drop. https://g.co/kgs/bsTt79 <—- The movie review
Back
Top Bottom