Search results

1. jchrist

Hello from Southern Oregon!

Greetings from Portland, OR! What part of southern Oregon are you located in?
  2. jchrist

Any Portland Oregon clubs?

Sorry for the late reply. But it was great to meet you last week! Hopefully next time we can get some more AK members to show up.
  3. jchrist

Empire 698: Is it repairable

I'm curious how his headshell mount design works. Its different than the original Empire. I'm also not sure how you would insert the copper cartridge contacts.
  4. jchrist

I'm planning on showing up. Hope to see some people there! I'll be wearing a brown Marantz shirt.
  5. jchrist

There is a Portland audio meet up this Sunday in SW Portland. Head over to the Regional Clubs...

There is a Portland audio meet up this Sunday in SW Portland. Head over to the Regional Clubs area of the forum for info. Hope to see you there. - Joe
  6. jchrist

I didn't even know about that group. Ironically, my dad is actually part of that group. If I didn't spend 10 months out of the year overseas for work, I would pay the $12 for a yearly membership.
  7. jchrist

I used to work at a hi-fi store in Portland and we recommended them to people looking for speaker repair. Any time I dealt with them, they seemed nice enough. Though, I have never had anything actually repaired by them, so I cannot comment on their quality of work.
  8. jchrist

That sounds great, I'm on board.
  9. jchrist

That sounds like a good idea...Lets say May 7th? Its about a month away and its a Sunday. As for a place, maybe somewhere in SE? There are some good record stores out that way, plus lots of great food/drinks.
  10. jchrist

I like your screen name, SPEC2Man. If you come to the meet up, that would be awesome. I am a SPEC-2 owner and would love to pick your brain about a few things, if you would allow me the opportunity. As for places around Portland, there are many. Maybe we could go to a few record shops, too. What...
  11. jchrist

I think where is the biggest question at the moment.
  12. jchrist

I am in the Portland area. I would enjoy a meet up sometime soon!
  13. jchrist

Nice! You're the only other person I have ever seen do this mod. I was able to convert my old empire 698 headshell to fit.
  14. jchrist

Some Empire Turntable History

I purchased one of these belts for my 698 and no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve accurate speed. I am still on the quest to find the proper belt for my baby.
  15. jchrist

That was me, I'm pretty sure. I did mine about 7 years or so ago.
  16. jchrist

Pioneer TX-9500II Problem - No Reception. Please Help!

I seem to be having a problem with my TX-9500II. I took it out of storage to use it this evening and I cannot get a lick of reception. No noise, static, reception...Nothing. I have a basic "T" type, indoor antenna hooked up to the 300 ohm terminals.The muting circuit is off. No needle movement...
  17. jchrist

Is anyone here using an Empire 698 with a Shure V15 III cartridge? I tried mounting my V15 earlier this morning, but the screws I have are too long, since you have to mount from the bottom of the cartridge with the Empire head-shell. Does anyone know the exact length of the screws I should be...
  18. jchrist

I did go and read through about 30 pages of this thread, regarding the belt size issue. Very good information, the history of Empire Scientific Co. Was pretty cool too. But in my post, I was just asking for a few recommendations on reputable sellers for a belt. Thanks for the info.
  19. jchrist

Can someone point me in the right direction to buy the PROPER sized belt for an Empire 698? I'm in the process of restoring one and desperately need to find the correct belt. I cant seem to find a link in the 70 pages of this thread. Every site I go to purchase a belt from does not list the...
  20. jchrist

Pioneer PL-570

Pioneer PL-570 Repair help! Hi Everyone, I have a sick Pioneer PL-570 turntable, one with a wood base, that is in a bad state. For starters, when the turntable is plugged in the turntable keeps spinning. It wont stop. When I press stop, it doesnt do anything. It feels really loose, like the...
  21. jchrist

Pioneer PL-570

Hi Everyone, I have a sick Pioneer PL-570 turntable, one with a wood base, that is in a bad state. For starters, when the turntable is plugged in the turntable keeps spinning. It wont stop. When I press stop, it doesnt do anything. It feels really loose, like the mechanism is not engaging...
  22. jchrist

Technics SL-1900 Simple Repair Question

12AX7, I am viewing this forum on a potable device, and it makes it difficult to view sometimes. Sorry for skipping your original post. But a BIG THANK YOU because I just pieced the table back together and it is working wonderfully. The tonearm is lifting at the proper height and no longer...
  23. jchrist

Hey Everyone, So I was finally able to open this unit up and take a look at it. I attached some pictures. I cant seem to find out how to relube the cam shaft. I already took the spring and the clip off of, what I think is, the cam shaft. I am not sure. I cant seem to figure this thing out...
  24. jchrist

Hi Everyone, So I downloaded the service manual and tried to adjust the tonearm height, but It doesnt seem to work correctly. Turning the screw does change the height of the tonearm, but not when it is positioned at the end of the record. When it returns to the rest, it still does not lift high...
  25. jchrist

Hello Everyone, I have a Technics SL-1900 turntable that is in need of a little bit of repair. It seems to play just fine, but at the end of the record, when the tone arm picks up and moves back to the rest, it doesnt seem to lift up all the way. It tries to pick it up, but doesnt lift it...
Back
Top Bottom