Search results

1. Cosmin2000

YAMAHA B-3 on the way...to me!

I've been looking for a long time to buy one of these. I had postponed the purchase moment a year or so due to other problems, mainly because I was not able to find a decent, clean B-3 on the Chinese internal market. Finally, I spotted a good candidate and made the move. My wife encouraged and...
  2. Cosmin2000

NEC M-1000 100V as monoblock amps

Hi all! I am very tempted to buy the very rare Japan domestic models NEC M-1000. These integrated amps were produced at the beginning of '90, have a motorized volume control, 15000 microF/56V smoothing filtering capacitors. The power is 50W/8 Ohm, 100W/4 Ohm, 11.2kg. They have the possibility...
  3. Cosmin2000

Help me diagnose his from Trio L-07C II preamplifier

Greetings! I have the Trio L-07 C II preamplifier, 100V version coupled with Trio L-05M mono amps, also 100V. Although I can enjoy listening to the music, I have a problem, which I located in the preamp. The problem is the following: one of the amps produces a hiss sound (like the radio) which...
  4. Cosmin2000

Which preamp is better?

I want to buy a preamp for my Trio L-05M monoblocs paired with Yamaha NS-1000M speakers and shortlisted the following potential candidates: 1. Trio-Kenwood L-07C 2. Nakamichi CA-5 3. Yamaha C-4 4. Sansui CA-F1 5. Luxman C-1010 6. Yamaha C-2 7. Trio-Kenwood L-07C II 8. Onkyo P-308 9. Pioneer...
  5. Cosmin2000

Differences between Trio/Kenwood L-07M and L-5M?

Hello, audiophile passionate! I have the chance to purchase some old-school monobloc amps from Kenwood/Trio which I intend to drive my Yamaha NS-1000M. Now... the problem is that I found both models of monoblocs: L-07MII and L-05M. These are Japanese models, running on 100V...
  6. Cosmin2000

Sansui BA-F1/CA-F1 problems. Any solutions?

Hello, Sansui lovers out there. I have the chance to buy the aforementioned combination. The price is very good for the two. Now... The amp runs ok on one channel, the other channel makes a static noise which overlaps the music. The preamp seems dead. Is this worth buying? What will be the...
  7. Cosmin2000

YAMAHA NS-1000M drivers cleaning and rufurbishment

Hello, audiophile friends! I recently acquired a pair of these well known monitors. They sound good, but from the aesthetic considerations they are way behind my expectations:scratch2:. Therefore, I decided to clean the drivers and refurbish the enclosures. Also, the protective case for the...
  8. Cosmin2000

Kenwood KA-1000 this is definitely highend audio

From about four months I acquired this remarkable piece of audio engineering. Since then I had the chance to listen to it very often and compare this rare amplifier with other integrated amplifiers. The amplifier is stock, nothing changed or replaced. What are my conclusions? 1. For a 33 years...
  9. Cosmin2000

Signal caps question

I have a vintage receiver Scott 330RL. I recently recapped the power supply changing the 6800uF/35V with 10000uF/50V (in parallel with each 10000uF/50V cap I installed a 220nF/100V decoupling cap). I want to replace the signal path caps from the preamp section (1uF/50V polar electrolitics) with...
  10. Cosmin2000

Vintage Technics SU-7100 problem

I have a problem with Technics SU-7100 stereo amplifier. One channel had some loud crackling noise now and then. Sometimes this annoying sound disappeared and the music flow was normal on that channel. Finally, that channel has a continuous noise (you can still hear music on it, but the noise is...
  11. Cosmin2000

Scott 330 RL modding

Hello, AK members! I want to upgrade the power supply of an old Scott 330 RL receiver (1969 made). I love this unit, but I feel it can be upgraded here end there. I'm thinking about mounting two screw caps like these...
  12. Cosmin2000

Kenwood KA-1000 recap?

Hello, AK members! I recently bought a very rare, sought for, Kenwood KA-1000 stereo amplifier.:banana: First, I must say that I'm very impressed with the sound of this vintage beast, it's one of the best sounding integrated I've listened so far. The amplifier is European version on 220V and...
Back
Top Bottom