Search results

1. jjblue84

Mcintosh MC275 C22 and MR71....

I haven't figured out what to use for the small guys, my tube stash consists of ampex, telefunken and mullard. I will have to make a group of each and try each maker. Right now I replaced the 12AX7 with some strange gold plated pin tube from germany and the 2 bad 12AZ7 with IEC Mullard 12AU7...
  2. jjblue84

Mcintosh MC275 C22 and MR71....

Well this sucks, I completely rebuilt everything and got voltages with in 10%. I have been using the MC275 for awhile now and really enjoy it. When I got everything hooked up, I noticed some static noise...assuming that some resistors probably drifted...I didn't give it much thought and...
  3. jjblue84

Hoffman SP 8000 Console / Amp

If you get a chance to post a picture of the Speaker, I would be very interested. I have a Hoffman console too, downstairs. It has a huge 6L6 amp with triad transformers and a very early 15" JBL speaker. It is factory as I have all the original documents.
  4. jjblue84

Should I buy these tubes?

Ask for a larger photo, so you can get a better idea of the tube numbers. I think I can make out a pair or quad of 6L6's. In all reality it is expensive but I really don't think its too bad. The caddy looks very nice and if they are 6L6's then there may be a few 12AX7's maybe even a...
  5. jjblue84

Box of tubes??

Yep but about 99.5% of the time, they will drag the rake over you when you bring your box of junk to the checkout. I've gotten soooo sick of the sellers, digging in a random box of junk, and reading off 5....10...25...150...40...etc. I just contact a guy having a sale, who has a electronics junk...
  6. jjblue84

Interesting Looking Speakers: What are they?

Well if they weren't too expensive and the gas wasn't to much. I would go grab them, most pioneer speakers are worthless but some of the early stuff still has a little bit of value. Those look like they are pretty good size, that is what I would be interested in. They may very well be 15"...
  7. jjblue84

Check This Out ICE CHEST

I think it would sound better with some tannoy 15" Golds :D
  8. jjblue84

Box of tubes??

The only good thing about technology these days are smart phones, everyone has one in thier pocket well 75-80% of people. Ebay completed auctions is your best friend, with the rising cost of junk...its always nice to make sure your hunches are right! And photos, if you can't find it photo it for...
  9. jjblue84

McIntosh MAC 1500 Receiver - $750

Strange, same picture on ebay but for 1850$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/McINTOSH-MAC1500-RECEIVER-w-Cabinet-original-boxes-VERY-RARE-DONT-MISS-/190734581671
  10. jjblue84

Hangar full of antiques...

I'll take the piano :D I would work out a time for a visit, both the tt and receiver look very interesting and who knows what stuffed where!
  11. jjblue84

MR-71 purchase.

Its a nice tuner, but send it in for a recap. Theres lots of gremlins that can hide in them. I just recapped mine and put it on the shelf....radio stations here suck!
  12. jjblue84

1969 jbl paragon replica

Amazing quality on a home brew!!! I would be proud to have it. Hopefully he built it in two pieces, if not that will be a monster to move!
  13. jjblue84

McIntosh

I think that is a good deal and a hell of a deal if the ev speakers turn out to be patricians or anything over 3 feet tall. Good Deal....Though I hope you restore it and use em!
  14. jjblue84

Electro-Voice Patrician Speakers

I am glad, I missed them and that I am too far away. I don't need another pair. I have always wanted to hear one of the first pats!
  15. jjblue84

Complete Heathkit Tube System

Pretty rare to see a complete mono system that contained all separate units. Usually by now a piece or two have disappeared.
  16. jjblue84

big pile of quality vintage in San Diego

I'd rather use that kind of money to put a down payment on a house with. That is ridiculous coin, I think that would equal out to retail +/- 10%. And yes it does look very very familiar.
  17. jjblue84

Chicago Estate Sale 9/21

Nope, I would contemplate hard on a few of those pieces. Prices are high but you can still double triple the buying price....but....you gotta have a fist full of benjamins when you go in and...hide the rent money....Can tell you from experience it ain't easy to get 1000$ cash out of the atm in...
  18. jjblue84

Chicago Estate Sale 9/21

The things I would love to have.... The kitchen, digging the formica... The Garrard... The Stewart Warner 345 with blue arcturus tubes!!!
  19. jjblue84

Garage Treasures!

If this was me, I would work out a deal and then flip them. I wouldn't open the boxes, let alone think of recapping one. I would sell it and use the profit to buy a used one, and then update it with new caps etc. Thats a RARE site, so if you get it....keep the knife away from the box. :D Oh...
  20. jjblue84

Very interesting tube

Its a Light Bulb :thmbsp: http://bulbcollector.com/gateway/Gas_Discharge_Lamps/Neon/Aerolux/Animals/image/ne0040.jpg&img=&tt=
  21. jjblue84

1920s AM radio unit

Huh :scratch2: Several 45 tubes but only one speaker :scratch2: I and sure others, would love to know the name and model of the radio plus if you can provide photos. That would be awesome, I think we could also better help answer your question.
  22. jjblue84

Oh My!!! Pioneer Spec Rack

Nah...She had it hauled off by 1-800-Got-Junk....Her husband found out....and then placed the ad with her number.....Check out the one in the personals section :D Boy if my pioneer gear was placed on CL for that price...I would wake from the grave....
  23. jjblue84

Rare WWII Marantz ?

Hmmm must be a very boring Tuesday around the world....already 2 pages :D After this thread read, I am more confused then that mark :D
  24. jjblue84

Capehart

That is one nice capehart, I wish the ones I had where in the same condition. I would imagine this one will sell for a lot more then advertised. Being complete, in that condition and restored....You don't see ones like this much!
  25. jjblue84

Grundig console...In over my head?

Congrads on the console and taking the effort to restore it. I have always wanted one, but that darn space issue! I have a few tube german sets downstairs. What I can tell you is that, these will work just fine with out a recap. I wouldn't suggest long term usage until a full recap is done but...
Back
Top Bottom