Search results

1. pl50

Pioneer Pl-A25

this usually a pretty simple adjustment. it's a nice table, $99 is a good price. download the owners manual here: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-a25.shtml
  2. pl50

Pioneer Elite A-71

$50-$100.
  3. pl50

Pioneer Elite A-71

Based on my opinion. You get what you pay for. Also based on the auction that ended last week. Minus eBay premium and condition, the unit in the auction looks a lot cleaner than the one in OP's pics...
  4. pl50

Pioneer Elite A-71

$50-$100 maybe?
  5. pl50

Your Favorite Vintage Sealed Box Bookshelf Speaker?

"To my ears" is in my estimation identical to "my personal taste", which is what I said in the original post.
  6. pl50

Different speakers, but comparable. Like almost everything else in life, comes down to personal taste. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/so-ads-l710s-or-dynaco-a25s.528190/ Give them a listen some time. Who knows, you might just be stunned.
  7. pl50

To my ears, Dynaco a25 beats anything mentioned so far, hands down. Also the prettiest in the bunch.
  8. pl50

Polk Monitor 10A for $50

They're great speakers, great style, quality build. For $50? I'd pull that trigger. Assuming they were clean and functional.
  9. pl50

Harmon Kardon 12... Do I jump on it??

What's your point?
  10. pl50

1961 Speaker Id/Question

Definitely worth checking out.
  11. pl50

Pair of JBL 4208

C=$100 For $50, it's a sound investment as long as they work! The Pioneer would probably push them well for an office system, should be easy to hook it up to your computer. You've got nothing to lose.
  12. pl50

$40 Vintage Altec any good?

Altec Coronas? Regardless, they look rode hard and put up wet. I'd pass personally.
  13. pl50

What is the best speaker and amplifier you have ever heard?

Best I've heard would be late one Saturday night in my basement, my beautiful Sansui 4000 driving a set of Bozak 302a Urbans paired with some minty Dynaco A25s, fed by my trusty Pioneer PL-50 spinning the original 1958 mono version of Milestones by Miles Davis. :smoke:
  14. pl50

Pilot Prices

How's it sound?
  15. pl50

How did I do? SX-1250 and 1,000 Records

Take the 30 seconds to google every clean, non-scratched album you have, toss the junk. You never know, there could be some real treasures hidden in there. Condition is everything.
  16. pl50

Arvada CO - did anyone swing by this garage sale?

I was gonna go, but I went fishing instead. :dunno:
  17. pl50

I think I did Good Today.

Yep, he done good.
  18. pl50

Arvada CO - did anyone swing by this garage sale?

No but I plan on swinging by tomorrow am to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!
  19. pl50

Forget Sansui, McIntosh, Krell, etc...this is truly audiophile!

I think Bjork? Sounds Icelandic.
  20. pl50

Pioneer setup & Yamaha TT - good price?

$200 is a great price, I'd say realistically up to $300 depending on actual condition and if everything works as it should. Tuner definitely has value (~$75) tape is debatable depending on if that's something you're into. $100 each on the amp and turntable. It's a nice looking amp, but I...
  21. pl50

Are These Altec rare or valuable

I hate seeing them jammed into the corner of someone's garage, surrounded by junk. Someone here needs to save them.
  22. pl50

Sony SSU 4000 speakers

http://stereonomono.blogspot.com/2015/11/sony-ssu-4000.html?m=1 It's not the best possible match for your console, but those speakers will certainly work. And yeah, you could probably use the console output as an input for a different amp, but there's not really much point to it. Just plug a...
  23. pl50

AR-4 Going Ballistic on Ebay

Why do you think these ARs are all going for so much money while the Dynaco a25s value seems stuck at around $200? Sound quality is comparable and Dynacos are arguably prettier. If I had a pair of ARs, I'd sell them and buy 10 pair of Dynacos.
  24. pl50

It is serviced but missing the case and cover, can you still call it excellent?

one mans "excellent" is another mans "repainted with scratches, missing important parts and no guarantees on function".
  25. pl50

Must Resist!

Antique fruit box?!? I'm in.
Back
Top Bottom