Search results

1. arcorob

Pioneer HPM-100 successful crossover mod!

Hey quick question...are you the guy from GR-Research channel ? If so that would explain your detailed knowledge
  2. arcorob

Have you been feeling angrier than usual lately?

It really cant be helped. Unless you live in a cave, the feeling of unease is driven by the constant fear perpetuated by the media (social or msm). Though you may not be directly engaged, others our and that feeling feeds on itself. People are shorter (in temper not height), more emotional. Just...
  3. arcorob

I accept your guarantee 100%. I accept that it can be measured ..so can atoms. The question is do we see them (or hear them). My opinion only, but the measurable factor doesn.t mean it is distinctly detectible to the human ear (especially to 64 year old human ears). There are so many other...
  4. arcorob

I am not going to bluntly disagree ..but I don't agree in this instance - since they are atop the Pioneers, the micro/nanosecond difference is not detectable except perhaps by extensive equipment - but to my ears, the sound is vastly improved. and the range and type of tweeters are different so...
  5. arcorob

I didn't understand that part at all - do you mean this ? Comb filtering is a phenomenon that happens when the same sound arrives at the listener’s ears (or a microphone) at different times with a very small delay between the signals. That could occur at any level from 2 speakers on up...unless...
  6. arcorob

Mod my 10+ year old AT LP120 or go for a new TT?

I am going to add a suggestion that get you a table upgrade and cart upgrade - Personal choice but I am impressed and I have played with MANY tables..so its bang for your buck and its auto stop (he rest is manual ) Fluence RT85 turntable for 499...
  7. arcorob

Dual 1241 pitch adjustment

Copilot says this - #4 might be it It seems your Dual 1241 turntable is running too fast, causing issues with sound quality. Let’s troubleshoot this problem: Belt: Check the belt that drives the turntable. If it’s worn or incorrect, it can affect the speed. Ensure you have the right belt for...
  8. arcorob

Dual 1241 pitch adjustment

I dont think there is one - this is what the service manual says
  9. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Your analogy is soooooooooo much better than mine ! Captured it perfectly
  10. arcorob

I have followed this thread for several years and I am a bit confused on the listening experience which seems to differ from mine. I love my HPM-100's 200watt version and I never found the mid's or highs too forward...Only the somewhat boomy bass. In fact, I felt I needed more High and Mid;s...
  11. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

The fact we can varied opinions, a bit of jabbing and still remain respectful is a great key to AK. "I don't know bout no SINBAD but I do know what my ears tell me :-) " Honestly, I have tried some equipment that has NASA specs (lol) and was quick to return. SNR and other aspects are great but...
  12. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

I need a large on the jacket please ....:beerchug::jump::rflmao:
  13. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Hey Hey Hey...was not seeking debate and in many ways, I am encouraged that thus far, 9 pages of posts in just a few days meaning, people are still around...things just have to peak their interest. As to old vs new...I myself am the epitome of blend. Every one of my systems in fact (if I am...
  14. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

You will NOT be disappointed ...I paired one with my Marantz 2240B...OMG...amazing...wrote a review here on AK and ordered a second...going to try them as the mono blocks they are designed to do...what I picked up ? Extra power of course but more detail without sacrificing the Marantz sound...
  15. arcorob

Bringing my HPM-100 veneer back to life

I need to take more pictures. The completed one looked even better after the second time with the 0000 steel wool. Using the rag to wipe it off you could see the brown grime...didn't do that on just a wipe on wipe off pass...But both done now and back in place...At 56lbs each, not sure I have...
  16. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

I know what syntax is and looking back, yes; agreed. I could have been better. Sorry dad. I should have said "Or, every question that has ever needed to be answered has already been answered in the past. People come, search, find what they need and don't bother to post. " Better? Happy now? :p
  17. arcorob

Bringing my HPM-100 veneer back to life

SO, I have become pretty good at redoing veneer and making cases but my poor Pioneer HPM-100's have been neglected (they were not pristine when I purchased a few years ago). I kept saying "I will redo the veneer one day". Well, my wife who is a crafts master (lol) said before you do, try this...
  18. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Sorry, no. I did not get the point but will if you elaborate.
  19. arcorob

Yamaha A-550 capacitor replacement

Perfect suggestion for the OP because I do that myself..SO much easier to solder to that then trying to get multiple wires soldered solidly to the little posts that dont like solder anyway
  20. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Considering this is now up to 6 pages, I now see that AK is still alive and well...in some ways it was just resting...LOL
  21. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Sorry if I was not grammatically perfect in that line (ex. using cause instead of "because" which are quite different) yet; you did understand the point, yes? :)
  22. arcorob

Yamaha A-550 capacitor replacement

You dont have to go ELNA (and would take a bigger search) but Mouser has a ton in your rating. Here it is in Nichicon with 105c degree rating https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Nichicon/LGU1H682MELB?qs=UR%252BAsA3ox635KavxfouHnA%3D%3D But size is important too for fitment -- search on 6800uf...
  23. arcorob

Pioneer SX-1280 Died

There is dead and there is dead. If you power on and nothing happens, no lights, nothing, thats dead and can indicate blown fuse and and major outage. If it lights up but no clicks, thats very different and something has happened that is voltage related that your relay is protecting ...could be...
  24. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

Yeah, we need an advertising campaign. I am just as guilty...not posting or participating as I did in the past but serious ...HIFI is not dead. Just look at FB groups, Youtube videos...its all over and vintage is hot (I am specifically Marantz alot these days and the Marantz TAX is huge...I...
  25. arcorob

Revitalizing AK

AK is the single biggest resource on the internet regarding evrything in HIFI audio. However; it seems through the years participation has dropped significantly. It can be for one of two reasons. Lack of interest which should not be cause there are a million facebook boards on hifi. Or , every...
Back
Top Bottom