Search results

1. rlisin

hi, can anyone please indentify...

This amp is a Denon PMA-15 (the version for Japanese market), apparently sold under the Philips brand in NZ. The original (Japanese) Denon version is from 1981, the European market Denon version from 1982, the NZ Philips version probably from 1983. Technical info: Rated output 45W + 45W...
  2. rlisin

Lustre cr-8080 se receiver

Old thread, but to clarify: Yes, JBN CR-8080 SE and Lustre CR-8080 SE are the same receiver (with very minor cosmetic differences) made for the Swedish and German markets (there was also a version for the UK marketed under the Eagle International band), but the OEM was not Philips, it was a...
  3. rlisin

Marantz 2325 - very loud thump at random intervals

I've also learnt to trust @dr*audio 's advice (different receiver, different problem), so I will definitely have those transistors replaced. Hope they turn out to be the culprits.
  4. rlisin

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try separating pre and main sections, see what happens. I'll do that next week probably, need to have my 1060 back first to cross-connect (I don't have it at home right now). As far as I can tell so far, the thump only happens when the music is playing, so I...
  5. rlisin

Next day update: three thumps shortly (maybe 2 minutes) after turning the receiver on, right after the music started (AUX input).
  6. rlisin

I have a problem with my 2325. I got it almost 5 years ago in a condition that was cosmetically terrible (face and it's mounting bolts badly damaged, few other minor problems like broken off meter switch button, missing AM antenna holder and some AM antenna wires disconnected) but technically...
  7. rlisin

HMV 4000a separates?

I guess it's junk compared to Dazaa's (100-300 times more expensive) own amps, just like a 15 years old Prius could be junk to, I don't know, a Bentley owner (no offence to owners of either, just making an analogy). To me, any amp that still works quite well with minimal maintenance after 40+...
  8. rlisin

STANFORD B200 power amp - need help adjusting DC bias

One more note, Comparing the Mk I and Mk II versions, looks like the only difference is output transistors, B200 Mk II has 6 x MJE4342 instead of 6 x TIP35C. Everything else seems to be the same.
  9. rlisin

STANFORD B200 power amp - need help adjusting DC bias

The image host I originally used no longer exists. Here are the images for future reference.
  10. rlisin

NAD Model 160 bias adjustment done + need help strange stereo lamp?

All images are now on my website: http://audio-room.net/nad-can-be-beautiful-too-new-acoustic-dimension-model-160/
  11. rlisin

http://audio-room.net/en/ https://www.facebook.com/audioroom

http://audio-room.net/en/ https://www.facebook.com/audioroom
  12. rlisin

http://audio-room.net/en/

http://audio-room.net/en/
  13. rlisin

NAD Model 160 bias adjustment done + need help strange stereo lamp?

The image hosting service I used no longer exists. I will post the photos on my website in a few days and add a link here.
  14. rlisin

Sulerscope R - 1280 blowing fuses

Unfortunately I don't have a schematic for R-1280. But on the outside it is nearly identical (dfferent finish, but exactly the same functions, layout of buttons and sockets etc.) to R-1270 I have. You can look at the photos of R-1270 here...
  15. rlisin

Elac 105 repair, need advice on crossover

I don't have an ESR meter, only a multimeter. I didn't try to test the exact values of caps, only whether they're dead or not. I understand that if they fail conduction and resistance test, they're dead? I do not intend to use 3rd party drivers. I have an Elac center speaker from the same line...
  16. rlisin

Elac 105 repair, need advice on crossover

I have a pair of Elac 105 speakers that need repairs, well, one of them does. It's a set of small floorstanding speakers. I also have a matching center speaker (Elac 101). I only need the floorstanders to work, the center can be an organ donor. They all each 2 midwoofers and 1 tweeter, and...
  17. rlisin

Newbie purchase - L&G R4000 Receiver

It looks to me like NR4000 is just cosmetic revision of R4000. Different type and placement of power meters, but everything else is the same. Including power consumption (270W in both cases), so 20WPC more from NR4000 doesn't seem likely. Also, judging by the amount of photos of NR4000 and R4000...
  18. rlisin

Marantz 4240 single loud pop 1-5 minutes after power up

It appears common to all channels but more prominent in front channels. I will have to listen some more through rear channels to confirm, I've only had a few days to test and mostly avoided rear channels due to high DC offset in one of them. I do not think any repairs have been done to PS (can't...
  19. rlisin

After a bit more use and paying close attention, it's not always a single pop, sometimes there are two, few minutes apart. But they always happen within few minutes after power up and do not happen later.
  20. rlisin

I have a 4240 that has a strange symptom. After power up, there is a single, usually loud pop in the front speakers. It happens 1 to 5 minutes after power up, not during or immediately after. It is a single pop and it does not repeat before the next power up - once it happens, I can listen for...
  21. rlisin

Cambridge Audio Sonata AR30 bias adjustment

Could be a small deterioration of components. Or maybe the transistors have worse contact with the heat sink than when new. My unit had this problem from the moment I got it and I read about similar cases online so I assumed this was its typical behaviour.
  22. rlisin

Cambridge Audio Sonata AR30 bias adjustment

When it goes into protection, it's too hot :) My experience is that the Sonata can't handle low impedance. My unit after adjustment would still go into protection with 4 ohm speakers. It worked better with Quadral Aurum 5 (4-8 ohm according to specs), but 4-8 ohm could mean anything between...
  23. rlisin

Please help me identify this cart.

Thanks! That pic was taken at 2 grams (I think), this is the stylus at 1.4 grams: It's on a Marantz 6100 now. I already have the generic replacement stylus but haven't tried it yet.
  24. rlisin

Thanks, I didn't know Musonic. I looked at Thakker, they have both conical and base elliptical styli for 66, but they seem to offer the same styli as 2000 replacements. That's what I meant by "hit or miss".
  25. rlisin

I did not have high hopes for the bent stylus I have, I'm surprised that I've managed to get it working at all. It doesn't track badly and the "sibilance" could be exactly due to this being a 2000E family stylus. It definitely does have a bit more energy in high frequencies than other carts I...
Back
Top Bottom