Search results

1. macster

Nakamichi BX-1 score!! Info wanted

I don't know the difference, but the CR2 is a good deck for the price range. BTW I have CR1-7 and the CR1-4 were the ones that felt best about purchasing. I also have a BX-150 (org owner) and it's good also. The CR2's can be found and gotten up to stuff for not a lot of money. M~
  2. macster

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Another "Re Do". But I love Listening to Bill E., and Johnny H., ain't half bad hisself. M~
  3. macster

I had to redo the case and cassette label on this one. It still sounds pretty good. The best that I've heard the Sarah Vaughn album is with a Grado Platinum cartridge, it added a bit pf huskiness to her voice. I might have to get a Grado Statement Master to see if I can rekindle that Grado...
  4. macster

Here's a tape made from some music which on a cassette that I purchased from ebay. Outer cover Label M~
  5. macster

Another Lena recorded on a D90, which actually sounded pretty good. I started with a "used Maxell UR but that went south about 38 minutes in. M~
  6. macster

Lena M~
  7. macster

I was wondering if he did that himself. M~
  8. macster

Did he make that his self? M~
  9. macster

Servicing Nakamichi CR-7

Do you think that you should turn this over to a professional? Just saying M~
  10. macster

New source for belts?

I've used these guys in addition the one that has been mentioned Dynamic Technology Group Contact info for quick access Gregory A. Calo gcalo@dynamtechgroup.com Good folks, super fast shipping and communication, fair prices. M~
  11. macster

This is my first tape of the new year. M~
  12. macster

I really like the vocals from these guys on this LP. M~
  13. macster

One of the few tapes that I made with my Tandberg 3014 "while" it was still working. M~
  14. macster

I'm listening to Lou Donaldson "Hot Dog" ON my Tascam 122MIII taking the CR7A's spot for a bit while it's in the shop. It plays the tapes made on my Nak's just fine, this is a nice little deck which I purchased almost 13 years ago. I had it refurbished (~$200.00) and it's been a champ ever...
  15. macster

List of best cassette decks ?

Under $2000.000 USD --- Revox B215 to know one is to love one. M~
  16. macster

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

If you look at the image of my system you will see that I have a Phoenix Roadrunner the measurements were made with that. The formulas were made in Excel, the baseline specs for the motor were taken from my Aries manual and are as follows. Specifications: MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS: WOW AND...
  17. macster

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Disclaimer I'm a VPI fan boy The following is a summary of the motor speed variations that I've taken on my Aries 3/ 3 belt TNT pulley/ SDS since 12/14/2015 - 02/03/2020. There are 246 occurrences with incidents such as SDG&E changing the power transfer to L1 on my CB panel losing power...
  18. macster

I changed my system components from CJPV5/MF2500A/Shure M97XE/Jico SAS as follows: Wyred4sound PH1 Wyred4sound StI1000 Audiotechnica VM540ML Audio Sensibility:TT>Phonoamp>Intergrated Amp I couldn't be happier with the move. Anyway here is an image of the tape that I just finished making today...
  19. macster

Hot off the presses. M~
  20. macster

Pioneer CT-F1250 or Tascam 122 MKIII

Looks can be seductive, go for reliability and get the 122MKIII. I say this because I have one. M~
  21. macster

Is Nak RX-202 worth $600-700 for full refurb?

This is great advice. M~
  22. macster

This on my Nak Dragon. M~
  23. macster

Best sounding/recording consumer cassette deck ever made?

The Revox's (IMO) renders a more neutral sonic presentation. That is based on what I hear in my system. M~
  24. macster

Best sounding/recording consumer cassette deck ever made?

IMHO, this is impossible to answer. The "best" depends on what you like sonic wise. I own several "supposedly "high end" cassette decks and they each have their own sonic signature. So IMHO, it just depends on what you like. M~
  25. macster

Worth the risk on a Dragon?

Yup! If you can't fix it, you can piece it out and get your money back. For example I paid $100.00 for the door. The blue NAAC cable is unobtainable, you got the knobs and the motors and transport etc, etc, and blah, blah. Willy will overhaul it for ~$800.00, but you have to get in line. My turn...
Back
Top Bottom