Search results

1. H

MC7150 + MX112 Finally Alive

I'm running a 7150 and a mx113. I'm looking for new meters for my 7150, they have faded so bad, not hardly blue anymore. I replaced the filters and that helped some but still not right. Keep your eyes out for a set guys
  2. H

MC 7150

Hey Dana, yes i will jump if i see em for sure. I had the new filters put in but didnt make much difference, they look more white than blue
  3. H

MC 7150

Hey cap, yessir they work like their supposed to. The white behind the blue filters is what the tech said, he put the new filters and it helped, but still not close to what they should be. Looks like my only hope is to find one somebody is parting out, but he wants to see a pic before because he...
  4. H

MC 7150

Looking for a set of meters, mine are so old and yellow they cant be helped. I already checked w HQ and their no longer made, also checked audio classics, same deal. Appreciate any help, thanks. Roost
  5. H

Sub-woofer recommendations?

Thanks for that man I'm gonna check em out, I just gotta have the line level for 2 channel which I'm sure they make...Roost
  6. H

Sub-woofer recommendations?

Hey Pete whadaya think of the AVS subs man, ole Roost has all 2 channel systems, old school, w LaScala's on 2 setups and Khorns on the other. Only the K's have an amp/pre-amp for power, the other 2 are monster Pioneer receivers. Right now I'm running a set of Klipsch subs, forget which ones but...
  7. H

Senn 650 cable help

Nick, bought the new fantasia cable, i'm really diggin it so far man, thanks
  8. H

Senn 650 cable help

Hey guys, my left side went out, well if you jiggle it, so I decided to upgrade. There must be 100 different ones, so thought I was just ask. I'm sure many here have made the move, great thing about AK is sharing info. So my budget is100 bucks, cant go Moon audio, love Amazon, I can claim it...
  9. H

anybody running their tv audio through an old analog stereo ??

Doghouse thats awesome man. The Cambridge DAC was the missing piece with me, I dont watch much TV unless its a football game, college game at that, now i can watch a concert every night. Anybody that has not seen One Night Only from Royal Albert with Rod Stewart is missing something special, and...
  10. H

Best Place to Buy Used Gear?

OP needs to suck it up and go to ebay, you can still be picky, and they have most anything you can dream up
  11. H

anybody running their tv audio through an old analog stereo ??

Man guys i feel like i have finally hit paydirt. I have had all kinds of sourround sound/theater systems over the years, and heard 1000 more, and have always been left kinda unimpressed. I have a ton of the good old analog stuff from the late 70's, early 80's, and the whole lineup of Klipsch...
  12. H

Schiit Modi 3 solved my simple DAC problem

Cosmo, I have my laptop going to a Schiit Modi 2 Uber, then to the Schiit Vali 2 tube amp, then to my Senn's. The DAC and tube amp are the same size and stack nicely, its a great little setup and sounds like a 10k stereo. Your gonna have to amplify your source to get the great sound, and that...
  13. H

Insuring our Audio Gear?

Growing up my dad owned an insurance agency here in Texas, I went to work for him right outta college and stayed about 15 years. There is an endorsment 365, which basically means replacement cost, its not a rider like jewelry, but back then it was around 20-25 bucks a year added to your policy...
  14. H

Recommendations for tube amps to complement Klipsch

That's a new Simply Italy made by Unison Research, 12wpc, integrated, single ended, class A. Have it hooked to Klipsch Epic CF4's which were hooked to a Yamaha B2 which is one of the best SS amps I had ever heard. The Italy sounded so much better I just couldnt believe it, they sell for around...
  15. H

New models

Are these the ones sold at Best Buy, i dont know but if going new the Forte would be what I would look at, lots o money though
  16. H

Scala 1975

they look great imo, does look like a Belle, hope you report back on the difference in the two once you've spent some time with them. I have 2 sets of Scala's, both driven by huge SS amps, they stay crystal clear as loud as you can take it, also have a set of subs on each
  17. H

My first trip to this forum! After Heritage, what's good?

well done sir, you pretty much covered it. I have most of the Heritage lineup and 2 of some, and your right on the money, I got to spend some time with a set of CF-4 first gen hooked to a new tube amp and was totally blown away. I imagine the 3's sound damm good as well
  18. H

Klipsch Quartet rebuild questions

I will be keeping up with your progress, I have a set O these in mint shape. I have not used them in years but fixin to break em out and run a 72in Samsung with them. Gonna go from the TV to a Cambridge DAC to a 77 Pioneer sx 980 to the Quartet's. Its a smart tv so I have YouTube on it as well...
  19. H

CF-4 vs Heritage

he had them hooked up to a Yamaha B2 for a good while, i love those amps, but he heard them hooked to that tube and couldnt sell that Yamaha fast enough, of coarse I bought it
  20. H

Vintage speakers for a 40W tube amp, any suggestions?

efficiency ?? how bout 105db at 1 watt, you need to be scopin for any Klipsch Heritage, someone listed them above
  21. H

the new Khorn AK6 anybody ?

has anybody heard this new Khorn, can you speak on it, can an older K be modded to the new AK6 format, is it better, whats the deal, thanks
  22. H

List of TOL vintage speakers

Really enjoyed going thru this thread yall, I see i posted in it back in 2012. Allow me to crown a winner, the Klipschorn, no other speaker can claim even a little of the longevity(sp) of the big K, this speaker has been in production since 1947 ? and basically unchanged since 1955. All these...
  23. H

List of TOL vintage speakers

Model 9's i have a set and they sound unbelievable, only non Klipsch I kept
  24. H

Best Vintage Speaker Kickoff!

Man I hear ya, just not so sure today's speakers are better. I mean where do you even go to listen to high end speals these days, I live in a fairly big city but there is no more audio stores round here. Another thing I would say, as in generally speaking, people dont buy that stuff like they...
Back
Top Bottom