Search results

1. ColonelKurtz

Butcher Block Flexy Rack Build - Finished

The top one is a Thorens TD-125 Mk I, and the bottom one is a Harman Kardon Rabco ST-7 found in the trash and only needed a belt.
  2. ColonelKurtz

Thanks for the info! I decided to go with 5/8” and seems fine with 4 rods… its a welcome addition to my little photo studio rental space…
  3. ColonelKurtz

Marantz 4400 Scope FM Tuning meters not centered

2 years later… I have a great working 4400, but often upon powering it up, the scope has drifted slightly off center in all modes (more often vertically). I then center it with the control knobs in the back of the receiver, but is this an actual problem or is it common? Power supply board and...
  4. ColonelKurtz

OMG, throw it out, part it out 4300

Love seeing this resurrection... tempted to get this 4300 for $1,000 by me, and do the same, although this one is not the challenge yours is...
  5. ColonelKurtz

Marantz 4300 Quad receiver vs. non-Quad

I think it was when using phono, so I’m pretty sure it is plenty enough volume for me as well, in the other functions…
  6. ColonelKurtz

I have a 2220B that sounds as good as any of them, imo... but turning up the volume to 12 noon to get medium level volume is rather lacking, for my needs. Will always keep the 2220B as backup, though.
  7. ColonelKurtz

Do you think 3/4" x 16" x 36" plywood would work with a total of four 1/2" threaded rods? Really would like to get away with that, if I could haha
  8. ColonelKurtz

I have a chance at a good deal on one this coming week. I have a 2325 and a 4400 and even though I have just completely restored every board on my 2325, filter caps, lights, etc etc... I swear this unrestored (save for the power board, scope board, and left amp board) 4400 sounds the same as...
  9. ColonelKurtz

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

One of the nicest looking, imho! Many don’t like the square buttons but that is part of the reason I do like them…
  10. ColonelKurtz

Recently rebuilt power supply and scope board…
  11. ColonelKurtz

Just scored my teenage dream table...HK (Rabco) ST7

Looks so cool. I was given one of these yesterday because someone who doesn't know how to work on them couldn't get it working, and just wanted to buy another working turntable. What it was missing was the platter belt, which I got for $11 online. I'm having trouble adjusting the cueing...
  12. ColonelKurtz

4400 Scope

deleted
  13. ColonelKurtz

Thorens TD 124 Slow to Turn on Strobe Lamp

Hey Jim, I am having this issue with my Thorens TD-125 Mk I. When I turn it on, the platter will start to rotate immediately, but the strobe light has a delay of more than 5 seconds before it comes on. Would this be the same problem in my model?
  14. ColonelKurtz

Starting Marantz 2325 rebuild

I'm trying some Solens for the 1uf's, but I might give the other recommended WIMA's a shot.
  15. ColonelKurtz

Yes, lol. Looking for highest grade non film audio equivalents or something.... Only because I hear those WIMA's can be harsh.
  16. ColonelKurtz

Hope folks still look at this thread... Anyone know good audio grade alternatives for the WIMA's on the tone board list?
  17. ColonelKurtz

Installation of LED bulbs while balancing them to incandescents, in brightness and color. There's plenty of ways to do this, but since I was a lighting gaffer, I used colored gels and neutral density gels. You can use resistors and colored LED's to do this, too, but I find it tough to get an...
  18. ColonelKurtz

Marantz 2325 thump sound as relay clicks on startup

Update: The last component I had left to install on the board yesterday (H715) I had installed BACKWARDS (its one of the 2 transistors above the amp board in the picture in my previous post) . Don’t kill me, I’m brand new , and now realize the importance of a transistor tester, especially when...
  19. ColonelKurtz

I have replaced the new “kit” transistors back to their originals, in the heat sinks, and while the DBT is dim and my right channel now has normal volume level, the sound in the right channel is still distored, and DC is hovering around 212mV (it was normal, before this kit). The 2 transistors...
  20. ColonelKurtz

Funny enough, I did try a 330uf and it did not do the trick. I have bigger problems as of today, though. I finished rebuilding the right amp today and it looked good on the dim bulb, but then I listened to audio, and to my dismay, the right channel is low volume and distorted, and distortion...
  21. ColonelKurtz

I plugged into the main ins but from my other receiver’s pre-amp out. The sound was still there. So are you saying to plug rca’s into the main ins and do not plug the other ends into anything? Thanks
  22. ColonelKurtz

Thanks, great to know. I have repeatedly checked the DC offset to 0, bias to 15mV VDC and set the voltage regulator adjustment to 35vdc per service manual, but I do see the DC is jumpy. Maybe the DC trim pots are not accurate, at this time? I also bypassed the pre-amp and power supply with...
  23. ColonelKurtz

The thump sound is in both speakers at the very same time that the relay clicks, after being turned on. Volume doesn't affect it. Its not loud, but is present every time. It also happens when turning the receiver off. I rebuilt the P800 power supply board a couple weeks ago, and have triple...
  24. ColonelKurtz

Took this today (I'm a photog by trade)... Both sound excellent. Happy Easter!
Back
Top Bottom