Search results

1. Catcher10

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

Mike I like your avatar title.....Late in my reply but I am game if this is still on. Considering I'm replying a week before Turkey day and the start of pure USPS hell for the next 2 months. Seems best to start this in February..... To be clear, I'm game for the old format we started a hundred...
  2. Catcher10

Happy Birthday Catcher10!

Thanks everyone!! Chocolate cake and beer for all.......:rockon:
  3. Catcher10

Awesome!!!! Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
  4. Catcher10

The Onkyo TX-8xx Series

105wpc, pretty nice.....I do like mine also. Probably need to have mine recapped, full service and I bet it would sound pretty nice. I have no plans to part with it..........
  5. Catcher10

The Onkyo TX-8xx Series

Mine cuts out zero sound, I know what you describe. I remember it being a traditional Mute function when it worked, but this was 25+ yrs ago.........I don't use the receiver anymore, sitting on a shelf for now.
  6. Catcher10

I remember that one swap that included both 7" and 10.5", I think Skylab was the leader on that one. That's true, depending how many are in the swap it could take 8-12 months to complete. I always tried to record stuff that was more obscure on the prog rock scene, but yea I don't need to hear...
  7. Catcher10

They will start when someone takes the lead role of coordinating and scheduling the tape route and monitoring the schedule once it starts. As mentioned by a couple already, the last one was a mess, we had some that did not send their tapes after 2 weeks, so the chain becomes broken. We had lost...
  8. Catcher10

NAD c162 & c272 or c356bee

7 years ago.....Time to move on. Lol
  9. Catcher10

That's awesome boys and girls!!! Thanks for the well wishes......It was a great day yesterday! Cheers!
  10. Catcher10

[Teac X1000R Restoration] How does one know when the pinch rollers need Naphtha?

I have the X2000R and lubricate those spots as you note, plus others and I use Singer sewing machine oil. I bought a bottle at Wmart for like $3 will last forever and I use it for other stuff too. As mentioned get a copy of the service manual for details on lubrication spots.
  11. Catcher10

Sounds good @LAB3 I have not been shopping for tape, sounds like you got a good deal! I have a couple NOS 7" tapes but have been using used tapes for these swaps, just using a bulk eraser. I have some Maxell UD 35-180 10.5" metal reels still in shrink wrap, I don't do much dubbing regularly but...
  12. Catcher10

Ur the Watcher of the Skies........let us know when.
  13. Catcher10

Washington starts a 2week Stay At Home order tomorrow. I assume going to the Post Office is an essential outing but not sure, going to the store, bank, dr office is all ok. What is everyone's thinking...Should we wait 2 weeks to start?
  14. Catcher10

Nevermind on the TP..........Thanks Rob! PM on it's way........
  15. Catcher10

I'll send you a roll of TP to help convince....?? :)
  16. Catcher10

Flattery will not get me to be the new MKhul (Mike).........LOL!! I appreciate the nod though, what about Skylab?
  17. Catcher10

You can create a tape with whatever music you like or want to share. I always create a tape from my records, no digital dubs but that is me. I'm just into good music.
  18. Catcher10

LAB and I were part of the past tape swaps, as he said most went well and that ONE swap was a nightmare. You MUST commit to listening and mailing the tape to the next person within 2 weeks, you also cannot mail via Media Mail, takes too long. Depending on how many on the list you need to commit...
  19. Catcher10

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

He was here late last year and for some reason the tickets were more expensive, I was surprised he came back so quickly and these tickets were more than reasonable this time. Two yrs ago saw Wynton Marsalis and Lincoln Jazz Group at Paramount and those tixs were reasonable also. Also add to my...
  20. Catcher10

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Riverside in June at The Crocodile Trombone Shorty in July at Benaroya Hall Ozzy in July 2019, postponed to July 2020 at Tacoma Dome Iron Maiden in September at Tacoma Dome The Pineapple Thief in December at Neumos .......I suspect that might be it for the year.
  21. Catcher10

Moving Coil question

You mean 50pF (picofarads) not mF.......50pF on the cable route is low and the recommended loading range makes sense of 300-500 ohms. You could even expand the upper number to say 650-800 ohms and see if that opens up the cartridge even more, although it could get a tad crispy so this is where...
  22. Catcher10

Moving Coil question

@rothwellaudio Correct, it all depends how your phono stage handles the high RF. As far as hearing it, audible, no...but it seems to affect some setups enough to be a difference. What only matters to me is that in my system it plays a difference, that I can hear. If in your system a different...
  23. Catcher10

Moving Coil question

Read the thread by JCarr on WBF that I linked......might help.
  24. Catcher10

Moving Coil question

It's a 1.5mt cable so 60pF total. The high cap one is 1mt
  25. Catcher10

Moving Coil question

Also, in case there is confusion. I am not talking about the capacitance adjustments on your phono stage if you have them, my Nova II has selection for 100pF and 200pF (the pic shows 200 and 300pF as this is the older version of Nova II). Changing those has no audible affect on the sound of my...
Back
Top Bottom