Search results

1. silverrocket

Nakamichi Music Bank Cd Player 3 issues

Well. Figured out some of it. Found the post on slightly bending a metal tab with small white wheel and...success. Opens and closes great now but not sure if this is simply a temporary fix. Still interested in belts and in getting the music bank 6 disc changer to work. Help on that would...
  2. silverrocket

Nakamichi Music Bank Cd Player 3 issues

I have had this quite a while. Have original owners manual and even the remote. Lately, the drawer is needing help opening, no issues closing. I have to give it some assistance and then it opens. Also, the single disc function occasionally gives me a err 1 code and lastly, the music bank...
  3. silverrocket

Anyone else using an Akai AT-93?

I realize this is a old Thread but...I have one of these. I actually have a COMPLETE Akai Reference master System with all manuals, remotes and even original boxes. AM-93 Amp, CD-73 Cd player, GX-95 Deck and the AT-93 Tuner. Pretty cool system and the Tuner works excellent. Very good quality...
  4. silverrocket

Where's the REAL football thread?

Rooting for the Seahawks tomorrow. They play a lot better at home but it should be a great game with the QB's that each side has. I think it will come down to defense, which I personally think Seattle has the edge.
  5. silverrocket

A BIG thank you to Slowpat.

That looks really nice. Great deal all around for all concerned.
  6. silverrocket

Sunday Tunes

Steve Miller-The Joker. Love this one. Grew up listening to it.
  7. silverrocket

Later .. with Jools Holland

I've been watching it lately. I do like the wide range of music styles that are on the show. It's nice to hear a wide variety of acts, some that I may not have given a shot without seeing and hearing it there. And I was lucky enough to see Alabama Shakes here in PDX earlier in the year...
  8. silverrocket

Check it out. Stacked Rectilinear III Highboys.

For the heck of it, took off the grills. That is a lot of speakers. And did try the darker grills on the bottom.
  9. silverrocket

I might switch them up. I'm only going to have the 2 sets for a few more weeks. I'm giving one set to my dad with some nice audio gear for christmas. He has a sub par bose acoustimass system now. He used to have some really nice gear but got away from it over the years. He has expressed...
  10. silverrocket

I have not done a recap yet. I have thought about doing it however.
  11. silverrocket

Sounds like a plan....and, I did turn the top ones upside down. It does sound better. I tried it both ways. Maybe it's all in my head but I did notice a fair amount of difference.
  12. silverrocket

I think I will try that..I need to get some bumpers or felt pads before I do so I don't scratch the tops on the bottom ones. They are in good shape....All 4 have all the original drivers intact. I just took the covers off of the top pair. Getting them off with the brads that hold them on is...
  13. silverrocket

Wanted to see what it would sound like. And...it sounds great. Very full, natural sound. You don't see these everyday...and I've never seen 2 pairs stacked, so thought I would post a pic or two.Listening to some Tom Petty as I type this.
  14. silverrocket

White Van Speakers Poll - Were you ever pitched?

Almost 20 years ago, I went in for a interview after seeing an ad for stereo sales. Showed up, short interview, hired and told to come back next day. It was a generic warehouse in Milwaukie, Oregon. Seemed iffy but I was unemployed at the time and wanted to see what the deal was. I arrived...
  15. silverrocket

Yet another awesome show coming to town

This summer just keeps getting better. I have seen so many good shows so far..and now, I get to see WAR right down the street from my house this friday. The music gods have been shining on me for sure the last few months...keep it coming.
  16. silverrocket

Joe Walsh Analog Man

Yep. It's a good one...AND...I get the luck of seeing him live on the 25th of August. It's been a great summer of live music for me.
  17. silverrocket

Pretty excited...2 great shows coming up soon Dan Reed and Roger Hodgson

Yep. He plays school and it sounded awesome....and he plays some other gems that you wouldn't expect....don't want to ruin it so won't say more on what they are. You will love it. Digs deep on a few of them....
  18. silverrocket

Jimmy Page, Jack White and Edge

Have this on my DVR....I have watched it a few times and really enjoy it.
  19. silverrocket

Roger Hodgson/Supertramp concert..all I can say is wow

Saw him last night here in Portland, at a great outdoor venue. Wow. Great set. He sounds so good it's nuts. Played for 2 hours. Beautiful weather and he really seemed to enjoy the vibe. Highly recommend it if you get the opportunity to see him live. You will not regret it.
  20. silverrocket

Pretty excited...2 great shows coming up soon Dan Reed and Roger Hodgson

I am lucky enough to be going to see Dan Reed acoustic show this Saturday night here in Portland and then getting the honor of seeing Roger Hodgson/aka Mr. Supertramp himself at a outdoor show on friday the 10th. Life is good. I have Seen Dan Reed a bunch of times before...both with the...
  21. silverrocket

Van Halen better with Roth or Hagar?

Roth. With Hagar, it sounded like a cover band or something. To me, never sounded quite right.
  22. silverrocket

Thin Lizzy

Thin Lizzy was/is a great group. One of my favorites is the fighting LP. Also have it on cd. Like it on LP better.
  23. silverrocket

Bose 901 have arrived, need assistance...

My father has a pair of 901's, series II. He has them hanging from the ceiling and they sound really good to me. I'd say they are a few feet below the ceiling, maybe a foot or so from the back wall and 3-4 feet from the side walls. Bass is a lot better than they were on stands they were on...
  24. silverrocket

If your car was a song or had a theme song what would it be?

That is one sweet 62 caddy by the way...I have a 63 impala SS White/red interior. Was my grandfathers, now it's mine. Love it.
  25. silverrocket

If your car was a song or had a theme song what would it be?

2002 honda S2000...theme song...The nuge, Ted Nugent, Hammerdown.
Back
Top Bottom