Search results

1. G

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

nice to know SURE boards are problematic...
  2. G

some AC outlet causing hum, is there a filter?

actually got it fixed when I used the high-end AC outlet strip (recommended for audio use to minimize hum). Likely when I get time I will have to track down the source.
  3. G

thanks for all help, got it resolved.
  4. G

thanks for all comments, will have to dissect them out soon.
  5. G

I have a large home, but music room has about 5 AC outlets. I have LCD TV (mainly use it as a PC monitor-not connected to cable outlet), amp A, that is connected to nohum AC outlet with a power strip. The other outlets all produce hum when I connect either with amp A or amp B. When I connect...
  6. G

I have several AC outlets in my music room. I also have 2 sets of amps-speaker combos and found out now that only one AC outlet is hum free. The others result in AC hum with different combination of amp-speakers. I am guessing it may be the home wiring (only 11 year old home). 1. Is there a...
  7. G

Need a strong, flexible, glue recommendation for a repair.

if u need flexible nonconductive, I use plumbers glue...
  8. G

I performed surgery on my $30 TA2020 T-amp

I second cost effective improvement.
  9. G

$15 Radio Shack Amp that kicks - the Accurian

I got one gathering dust in the garage, have to revive the unit...
  10. G

Backloaded enclosure for Fostex FE166En

I think FE166 is thought to be an ideal speaker for BIB, need to have corners if possible for good bass extension.
  11. G

Bookshelf Speaker Advice: vintage or new?

don't need anything fancy, jig saw, cost $20.
  12. G

Bookshelf Speaker Advice: vintage or new?

any interest in diy?, just circular saw, easy and simple cuts and glue... sound is very good for non-rock and surprising bass extension. Cheap parts, well under your budget. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/190238-fonken-variant-tb-w3-593sf.html
  13. G

ADS L990, $150, good deal?

I know nothing about ADS, enjoy music, jazz, vocal etc. Locally there is this: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/2480950555.html opinions will be appreciated. Have a modified t-amp, will it be sufficient to drive them in a small room?
  14. G

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

no crossover?, I am very interested, where can I get the B&Cand QSC?
  15. G

Synergy F20 anyone?

Its sensitivity and my interest in Klipsch with my t-amp clone, interest me in this model, since the price is right. Mainly interested in jazz, vocals, with occasional classical in a smallish-mid sized room. Amazon review mainly into rock/HT. Am interested in music without a subwoofer...
  16. G

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

what will be involved in a smaller Advent?, there is a local person selling Advent Prodigy... thanks
  17. G

lawl T-Amps

older threads suggests hiss..., let us know what u think.
  18. G

lawl T-Amps

I noticed u have klipsche on your avatar, how does it mate with t-amp?
  19. G

First System

first system? u r just kidding right??
  20. G

Magnepan MMG

what amp?, gainclone or high t-amp? Does MMG require high power?, smallish room and considering MMG.
  21. G

Aaron's student-friendly system

how is the sony APM speaker?
  22. G

Klipsch, how is the brand different than ...

I am new to Klipsch, I recall 40 years? ago seeing La Scala and seemed impressive and as I do minimal soldering and tinkering with t-amp and I am drawn to Klipsch. American speaker company that endured... old stuff on CL, apparently good company to upgrade (Crite?) the old stuff. All I...
  23. G

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage

he was a great entertainer.
  24. G

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

is this DC offset measurement applicable to t-amp? Will try it anyway... thanks, gychang
  25. G

Lepai Tripath TA2020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier

u r exactly right. I used a similar wallwart I had at home that produced a problem (2 prong). I tried Lepai's wallwart (3prong) and despite "poor quality" people have noticed, it is dead quiet with nearly maximal volume setting. It is not due to a product defect. Quality is excellent for...
Back
Top Bottom